PDA

View Full Version : Cablevision and HRTV

Canarsie
09-13-2010, 01:22 PM
My cable went out yesterday during football no less. :bang:

So while I had the lady on the phone I requested HRTV due to the Belmont mess on Saturday. She was very kind, took down the info and said if more customer called there would be a better chance that it would be picked up.

So if they are your provider make the effort and maybe it will come to fruition. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

SansuiSC
09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
On Cablevision you should get the NYRA channel, on Ch 74 on most Cablevision systems. I would love HRTV. I just cut off TVG last month because their agenda is well..........been discussed many times here.

It did not surprise me when I read about the "contractual obligations" situation in the paper and not showing NYRA races. Although there is always a west coast bias on TVG which I could deal with, they seem to play races when they want generally speaking and to the highest paying track.

The largest handles come from the east and west coast tracks. That should get priority in my opinion as a player and viewer but their contracts are written otherwise.

They don't care about the viewer so I don't care about the programing and took away my dollars from them in subscription.

I'll make the call and once again request HRTV.

The Hawk
09-13-2010, 09:16 PM
My cable went out yesterday during football no less. :bang:

So while I had the lady on the phone I requested HRTV due to the Belmont mess on Saturday. She was very kind, took down the info and said if more customer called there would be a better chance that it would be picked up.

So if they are your provider make the effort and maybe it will come to fruition. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I did that for five years, twice a year, from different phone numbers and using two different addresses. Then along came Fios, which has both, and I was happy to ditch Cablevision. Even when Cablevision called to ask why I canceled I told them it was because they didn't carry HRTV, so if they keep records they know they lost at least one person due to not having it. Hopefully you have better luck than me, but I doubt it, unless I was the only one that ever asked for it.