PDA

View Full Version : English Premier League

PhantomOnTour
09-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Who will take the trophy? Finding the winner shouldn't be hard. There's only 3 teams that can win it imo....Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United. I think Man City will be tough but not good enough, and Liverpool has some rebuilding to do.

I am an Arsenal supporter (they play the nicest game) but their constant injury problems (van Persie AGAIN!!) cripple them every year. That and the fact that they are kinda soft. When the weather turns and muscle is the order of the day they have a hard time keeping pace with toughies like Chelsea.

MY GUT
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man U
Spurs

MY 'EART
Arsenal
Chelsea
Man U
Spurs

slewis
09-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Who will take the trophy? Finding the winner shouldn't be hard. There's only 3 teams that can win it imo....Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United. I think Man City will be tough but not good enough, and Liverpool has some rebuilding to do.

I am an Arsenal supporter (they play the nicest game) but their constant injury problems (van Persie AGAIN!!) cripple them every year. That and the fact that they are kinda soft. When the weather turns and muscle is the order of the day they have a hard time keeping pace with toughies like Chelsea.

MY GUT
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man U
Spurs

MY 'EART
Arsenal
Chelsea
Man U
Spurs

I dont think anyone needs to be too clever to pick Chelsea, but I'll tell you what, that team, as good as they are, lacks depth off the bench right now.
They are also a bit on the old side and maybe vulnerable to injuries during the long grueling season. Plus, when you're number one, everyone's gunning for you..(no pun intended Phantom, knowing your an Arsenal backer).

Of course the January Transfer window gives teams with holes a chance to plug them...but I'm not sold on Chelsea....completely.

I couldn't believe how poorly Man City played Saturday with the talent they have. They played a good game at White Hart Lane, but then Spurs subsequent performances have been weak. Look how they've struggled against Young Boys in the Champions league.
With that bench, Mancini better get things moving or he should get moved.
BTW, the more I watch Tevez the more impressed I am...the guy's work ethic is sensational...

How's about Man U and the meltdown yesterday at Goodison?....gave me a sore throat all day screaming for joy when Everton tied the game.

It's so early in the season...but it's been fun so far!:ThmbUp:

thaskalos
09-13-2010, 01:39 PM
BTW, the more I watch Tevez the more impressed I am...the guy's work ethic is sensational...

How's about Man U and the meltdown yesterday at Goodison?....gave me a sore throat all day screaming for joy when Everton tied the game.

It's so early in the season...but it's been fun so far!:ThmbUp:Talking about being impressed...what a fantastic game Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas had yesterday! Unbelievable playmaker...

PhantomOnTour
09-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Agreed on Tevez...tenacious.
Spurs lost Luca Modric who is a wily and valuable little dude (like Rosicky for Arsenal). Modric missed time last year injured as well.
And poor Bobby Zamora, another chronically injured guy who really started fulfilling his potential in the second half of last season. Sucks for Fulham, a team I pull for as well because of all the Americans they have.

DJofSD
09-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I caught a little bit of that Man U meltdown. Will it get better in the future?

slewis
09-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Agreed on Tevez...tenacious.
Spurs lost Luca Modric who is a wily and valuable little dude (like Rosicky for Arsenal). Modric missed time last year injured as well.
And poor Bobby Zamora, another chronically injured guy who really started fulfilling his potential in the second half of last season. Sucks for Fulham, a team I pull for as well because of all the Americans they have.

Ouch,

That Zamora break was horrible.....

I watched bits of that game from the Cottage. Love that little pitch.
Tell you a quick story:
Last time I was in London I wanted to go to a game, but my friends wanted to take me to RUGBY instead. One of them knew several players so we got to go onto the pitch and stay on the sideline. Well 45 min before game time the players are warming up. I always wanted to see if I could throw one of those oversized watermelons (Rugby balls). I have pretty large hands. So I grab one on the sideline and tell my mate to "go deep" (I was going to throw a pass like an NFL QB) So of course, I make like I took the snap from center and drop 4 steps back preparing to throw my pass... Well, the trainer had just brought out the LARGEST PLATE of freshly cut oranges for the players to hydrate on during the game.
Of course, I, not seeing it on the ground, step RIGHT IN THE CENTER with my muddy shoes, ruining the entire orange crop!:lol:

Four players SCREAMED AT ME! ... "OY, YOU STUPID F..IN YANK"... "you bludy idiot" "what a "cant""..:lol:

So after the game we go to the pub, and I'm in the bathroom after a few pints taking a whiz, and a player walks in and goes "oy, you're the "cant" that stepped on the oranges, aint ya"? Now, I'm a good 6'1 and 190lbs, and I aint no pushover, but this guy was HUGE. NFL SIZE.... I said, (my shrinking penis in hand) "Sorry mate"... and we both laughed.:lol:

ManU918
08-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Looking forward to today's game. Obviously hoping Man U dominates. The line is making me think that they will.

lamboguy
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Ouch,

That Zamora break was horrible.....

I watched bits of that game from the Cottage. Love that little pitch.
Tell you a quick story:
Last time I was in London I wanted to go to a game, but my friends wanted to take me to RUGBY instead. One of them knew several players so we got to go onto the pitch and stay on the sideline. Well 45 min before game time the players are warming up. I always wanted to see if I could throw one of those oversized watermelons (Rugby balls). I have pretty large hands. So I grab one on the sideline and tell my mate to "go deep" (I was going to throw a pass like an NFL QB) So of course, I make like I took the snap from center and drop 4 steps back preparing to throw my pass... Well, the trainer had just brought out the LARGEST PLATE of freshly cut oranges for the players to hydrate on during the game.
Of course, I, not seeing it on the ground, step RIGHT IN THE CENTER with my muddy shoes, ruining the entire orange crop!:lol:

Four players SCREAMED AT ME! ... "OY, YOU STUPID F..IN YANK"... "you bludy idiot" "what a "cant""..:lol:

So after the game we go to the pub, and I'm in the bathroom after a few pints taking a whiz, and a player walks in and goes "oy, you're the "cant" that stepped on the oranges, aint ya"? Now, I'm a good 6'1 and 190lbs, and I aint no pushover, but this guy was HUGE. NFL SIZE.... I said, (my shrinking penis in hand) "Sorry mate"... and we both laughed.:lol:
just wanted to wish you the best today with school yard dreams

ManU918
08-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Beautiful win for United today. Rumor is they could be landing Wesley Sneijder this week.

horses4courses
08-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Beautiful win for United today. Rumor is they could be landing Wesley Sneijder this week.

Been a MUFC supporter since 1968......nice win today.
They have started well, and the young players/new additions have fit in nicely.
Sneijder would be a plus, but Inter have been a pain to deal with.
Signing him will not make, or break, the season.
Lots to look forward to!

ManU918
08-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Been a MUFC supporter since 1968......nice win today.
They have started well, and the young players/new additions have fit in nicely.
Sneijder would be a plus, but Inter have been a pain to deal with.
Signing him will not make, or break, the season.
Lots to look forward to!

I agree. Personally I am kind of hoping they don't sign Sneijder but if they do then I will obviously pull for him. Just haven't been his biggest fan over the years. How about the subs made with 10 minutes to go, United brings in Giggs, Hernandez, and Park. Those three are better then most teams best three.

PhantomOnTour
08-23-2011, 03:08 AM
Man City is the team to look out for

Dzeko
Aguero
Balotelli
Silva
Richards
Kompany
Milner
Tevez
Barry
Yaya Toure
Adebayor
De Jong

That's a deep squad with quality...will they land Nasri as well?

I'm an Arsenal fan, but they will struggle to keep a Champions League spot for next season and may slip out of the top 5.
They are either selling out with the young guys or Wenger has lost it and needs to go!

DJofSD
08-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Watched the gunners beat UBI last night on Fox. Impressed with the keeper but I think the rest of the team could have snappier passing and ball handling.

The ref was pretty good about keeping his yellow card in his pocket the first half but I guess the players had crossed the line in the 2nd half -- seemed like players were getting booked left and right.

Will be rooting for the red devils on Sunday -- live!

ManU918
08-28-2011, 01:00 PM
What a game for United. 8-2 over Arsenal. Rooney with 3, Young with 2, Nani, Park, and Welbeck with 1. Arsenal is a pathetic team to watch. Go Red Devils!

DJofSD
08-28-2011, 01:06 PM
I turned off the TV at 2-0. I'll fast forward the DVR to watch the goals. Ian Poulter is probably getting good and drunk right now.

ManU918
08-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I turned off the TV at 2-0. I'll fast forward the DVR to watch the goals. Ian Poulter is probably getting good and drunk right now.

Rooney's free kick goals were incredible

DJofSD
08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
I wanna see another bicycle.

DJofSD
08-28-2011, 04:08 PM
http://twitpic.com/6cqawn

PhantomOnTour
09-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Man United is laying waste to this league. Put up 8 vs Arsenal last wek and now have a 3-0 lead on Bolton inside of 30mins.

DJofSD
09-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Excellent! I've got the DVR set up for this match. Another chance to tweak IJP on Twitter.

ManU918
09-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Rooney has had an incredible start. It's nice to see the Devils on top of the table.

DJofSD
09-11-2011, 12:39 PM
#10 projected to get 72 goals this season. Amazing.

DJofSD
09-18-2011, 11:09 AM
MU v. CHE - any speculation who'll be the winner (1-0 as I post this)?

turninforhome10
09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
English Premier after watching the Steelers. Have I died, this is incredible. How long has this been happening on Fox. What a perfect day both kinds of football and top class turf at Woodbine. Is Fox going to keep this up? I quit watching when I dropped ESPN and missed EUFA ever since. Was a huge AJAX fan in the early nineties. Played and coached for 32 years and just kind of let it go. Hope it will gets some decent ratings.
What kind of offense is MU and Che running and whos hot. Thanks in advance

horses4courses
09-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Both teams had plenty of opportunities....MUFC finished them off best.

They are playing with lots of confidence right now - not afraid to come at everyone. I think Ferguson has to be overjoyed - especially with his young defenders (Smalling, Evans, Jones). They look great at the back.
Nani has been electric, and Ashley Young has added pace up front.

Looks like another big season ahead - lots of depth in that squad.

DJofSD
09-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Watched BAR v IM after my son's tournament. IM scores a goal in 24 seconds!

ManU918
09-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Both teams had plenty of opportunities....MUFC finished them off best.

They are playing with lots of confidence right now - not afraid to come at everyone. I think Ferguson has to be overjoyed - especially with his young defenders (Smalling, Evans, Jones). They look great at the back.
Nani has been electric, and Ashley Young has added pace up front.

Looks like another big season ahead - lots of depth in that squad.

I Agree with this entire post (Although I must say I'm not a Nani fan, but he has played his ass off so far this season). For as well as their playing I had to throw money on them now before the price starts dropping to win the Carling Cup and Champions League. Cant wait to watch the game tomorrow vs Leeds.

ManU918
09-20-2011, 03:34 PM
United up 3-0 at half.... Owen with 2 and Giggs with 1.

DJofSD
09-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Eeeeke - I gotta hope Fox Soccer repeats that game - I missed it!

ManU918
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Awesome win yesterday. Rooney's head pass was absolutely incredible and then Parks touch pass was a thing of beauty.

PhantomOnTour
10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Classy move by Park to give it up to Welbeck as he could easily have taken the shot.
He's been a solid ManU player for a long time.

ManU918
10-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Classy move by Park to give it up to Welbeck as he could easily have taken the shot.
He's been a solid ManU player for a long time.

Park is my favorite player on the team. I get a lot of compliments on all of my Park jerseys when I wear them out.

ManU918
10-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I can honestly say I have never seen a game that bad before in my life.

PhantomOnTour
10-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Man City is the team to look out for

Dzeko
Aguero
Balotelli
Silva
Richards
Kompany
Milner
Tevez
Barry
Yaya Toure
Adebayor
De Jong
Nasri

Wow, City hammers ManU 6-1...

ManU918
10-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Wow, City hammers ManU 6-1...

It was a nice win for City, but United will still win the Premier League. April 28th should be interesting.

cj
10-23-2011, 12:15 PM
It was a nice win for City, but United will still win the Premier League. April 28th should be interesting.

5 points down and a game to go yet at City, I wouldn't be so sure. There is a long way to go but I doubt MU are the favorites any longer. If they are, I'd lay those odds.

JBmadera
10-23-2011, 12:42 PM
We follow the Wanderers, nothing more romantic than tuning into football at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning....... :lol:

They aren't in danger of relegation are they?

horses4courses
10-23-2011, 02:03 PM
I turned the game off at 3-0 City.......sick to my stomach by then.

There's a long way to go, though........

DJofSD
10-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Just got through waching the drubbing. OMG! I'll admit, I was backing MU but they didn't show up. Great game for MC. Many, many kudos to go around. Defintely will be watch MC from here on. Great game!

cj's dad
10-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Just watched Man U's comeback win over Sunderland, 2-1. Both goals scored by an 18 year old from Belgium; last name Janujaij. Both goals were brilliant.

ManU918
10-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Just watched Man U's comeback win over Sunderland, 2-1. Both goals scored by an 18 year old from Belgium; last name Janujaij. Both goals were brilliant.

LOL his name is Januzaj... United paid a £300,000 transfer fee for him two years ago. His previous club Anderlecht didn't want to let him go but also didn't want to keep him from the EPL...

cj's dad
10-05-2013, 11:46 PM
LOL his name is Januzaj... United paid a £300,000 transfer fee for him two years ago. His previous club Anderlecht didn't want to let him go but also didn't want to keep him from the EPL...

I misspelled his name ? Really ?