PDA

View Full Version : Spin doctors are beginning to dispense their clever meds at America’s racecourses

andymays
09-13-2010, 08:36 AM
http://www.horseraceinsider.com/Zasts-TrackWords/comments/2010-09-13speaking-the-truth/#comments

Excerpt:

But there are more permanent methods for improving a condition than whitewashing the problems.

Excerpt:

The truth is tossed around loosely these days. Stretching the facts to serve individual purposes may be common to business and government, but it's never led to trust or loyalty. Moreover, it’s produced dire consequences and serves as a threat to the concept of history. People look small when they try to convince others of something by changing its meaning or misleading them into thinking that something is true when it’s not. Good politics or effective public relations do not constitute lying.

rwwupl
09-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Joe Harper and Craig Fravel are the kings of happy speak. With all they know about the unreported carrer ending injuries to horses on their synthetic track, they tell you how safe it is because of incomplete statistics to support their statements.

Dear Joe and Craig:

What bothers you is the cost of a new dirt track,so you defend what you have.The cost would bother me too...but, be honest.

andymays
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
The best example of spinning or in the case of Los Alamitos and the CHRB flat out lying is the deal that if handle went down after the raise in take then they would rescind the increase in takeout. Ya Ya Ya. :rolleyes:

Robert Goren
09-13-2010, 12:35 PM
The sad part is that they believe their own lies.

andymays
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
The sad part is that they believe their own lies.

Far too many of the media are "repeaters" instead of "reporters". Spin Doctors love the "repeaters".

CincyHorseplayer
09-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Joe Harper and Craig Fravel are the kings of happy speak. With all they know about the unreported carrer ending injuries to horses on their synthetic track, they tell you how safe it is because of incomplete statistics to support their statements.

Dear Joe and Craig:

What bothers you is the cost of a new dirt track,so you defend what you have.The cost would bother me too...but, be honest.

If they are exposing false numbers that are true,what does this post have to do with the price of eggs???

Indulto
09-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Far too many of the media are "repeaters" instead of "reporters". Spin Doctors love the "repeaters".:lol:
AM,
What I thought was funny was Zast delivering an anti-spin sermon when he generates so much spin himself with regard to horseplayers.

Remember this one?

Single-Issue Manifesto Defies Sport’s Definition (http://www.horseraceinsider.com/blog.php/Zasts-TrackWords/comments/2010-05-10single-issue-manifesto-defies-sports-definition/)
Sunday, May 09, 2010

46zilzal
09-13-2010, 03:47 PM
I see it everywhere: ostriches hiding the realities that the suits don't want to, or worse yet, don't recognize

We have a visionary horse owner who may take an active hand to save our racing before it is totally bankrupt however: RICH and politically connected

thaskalos
09-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Self deception is rampant in this game...among the horseplayers AND among the game's "esteemed" leadership.

toetoe
09-13-2010, 03:53 PM
What bothers you is the cost of a new dirt track

Why, oh why didn't the cost of a new Astrodirt track bother them in the first place ? :( (:Tearing out hair.)

andymays
09-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Why, oh why didn't the cost of a new Astrodirt track bother them in the first place ? :( (:Tearing out hair.)

I'm pretty sure he State of California paid for it. :eek: