PDA

View Full Version : Scathing Progressive rebuke of Obama

JustRalph
09-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Even the friendly dogs are starting to bite......... :lol: :lol:

http://www.commondreams.org/print/60238

from the link

I watched Obama's press conference this week, and I was reminded again of what a misfit he is for the presidency, and what a misfit he is for our time. He doesn't seem to get the concept that an effective president has to get in fights. He doesn't seem to understand that there are genuine enemies to the public interest out there (and, mostly, that they're not to be found overseas). He doesn't seem to understand that the reason presidents have to get into fights is because these enemies exist, because they are ruthless and entirely sociopathic, and because their victories are the public's losses.

Instead, there was Barack at his latest public event, demonstrating once again how it is possible for abysmal communication skills to reside within the body of a sometimes gifted communicator. There was the halting, ineffective, delivery. There was the blood-drained absence of passion on topics where the expression of some serious outrage is not only not a bad thing - as he seems to believe - but would be eminently healthy and highly welcome. There was the president almost never taking the opportunity to grab the bully pulpit, stake out the ethical high ground, show the kind of leadership that the public always craves from its chief executive, and deliver a moral lecture to call us to our senses. There he was continuing to treat the oligarchy of this country and their Republican marionettes not as predatory enemies of the people, but rather as nice, well-intentioned folks who have a slightly different but just as respectable a set of ideas from his. There was the president ducking difficult questions about his own previous assertions, hiding from the word "stimulus", and almost never grabbing affirmative control of the discourse and the agenda. And there he was, frankly, looking altogether and all-too-often rather annoyed with the whole business.

much more at the link

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Why is anyone surprised at this? This is on-the-job training at its finest...the guy is way too scared to step out of the box...

boxcar
09-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Why is anyone surprised at this? This is on-the-job training at its finest...the guy is way too scared to step out of the box...

I heard segments of his speech on the radio the other day. The Bumbling Idiot-in-Chief sounded really bad, struggling hard frequently to make coherent sentences. He did not present himself well at all. Once again, very many of us listeners were reminded what happens when a rabble-rousing community organizer with no executive experience is at the helm: We get no genuine leadership in our president.

And to be quiet honest with everyone, when I listen to him now -- I almost reach the point of feeling sorry for him because he is so out of his element. (And I believe that deep down, BO realizes this now about himself, also.) This is one stark naked emperor and he embarrasses me.

Boxcar

sammy the sage
09-13-2010, 08:09 AM
as Nostradamus predicted..We elected the villiage idiot in 2000..and now we elected the villiage fool in 2008 :bang: