PDA

View Full Version : La Dolce Vita: Big party week for the Obamas

andymays
09-12-2010, 09:14 PM
http://thehill.com/capital-living/in-the-know/118269-big-party-week-for-the-obamas

Excerpt:

On Wednesday the First Couple will don black tie for the annual Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gala,

Excerpt:

they will be back in formalwear on Saturday night for the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's (CBCF) annual Phoenix Awards dinner.

cj's dad
09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
http://thehill.com/capital-living/in-the-know/118269-big-party-week-for-the-obamas

Excerpt:

On Wednesday the First Couple will don black tie for the annual Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gala,

Excerpt:

they will be back in formalwear on Saturday night for the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's (CBCF) annual Phoenix Awards dinner.

They are truly having a blast at our expense are they not ??

andymays
09-12-2010, 09:56 PM
They are truly having a blast at our expense are they not ??

This stuff is beginning to do big damage to his numbers but I don't think he cares at all.

cj's dad
09-12-2010, 10:09 PM
This stuff is beginning to do big damage to his numbers but I don't think he cares at all.

You're right - why should he is one and done !!

JustRalph
09-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Next Saturday night he is hosting the Congressional Black Caucus yearly awards. He is giving Harry Belafonte an award.

You know Harry, the guy who called Bush the Greatest Terrorist on the planet?

I hear that all the other awards are going to some CBC members grandkids

bigmack
09-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Dig me some of that Belafonte. Schoolin' Colin Powell & Condi Rice on being Black:

There is an old saying, in the days of slavery. There were those slaves who lived on the plantation, and there were those slaves who lived in the house. You got the privilege of living in the house if you served the master, do exactly the way the master intended to have you serve him. That gave you privilege. Colin Powell is committed to come into the house of the master, as long as he would serve the master, according to the master's purpose. And when Colin Powell dares to suggest something other than what the master wants to hear, he will be turned back out to pasture. And you don't hear much from those who live in the pasture. ”
Belafonte used the quote to characterize former United States Secretaries of State Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, both African-Americans. Powell and Rice both responded, with Powell calling the remarks "unfortunate" and Rice saying "I don't need Harry Belafonte to tell me what it means to be black.

I can see why they're giving him an award @ the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's (CBCF) annual Phoenix Awards dinner.

JustRalph
09-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Dig me some of that Belafonte. Schoolin' Colin Powell & Condi Rice on being Black:

Dayo!!

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Let's not all act as if this is the first president to attend black-tie events hosted by some of their biggest supporters.

Come on now people...ya'll are better than this...

Tom
09-13-2010, 07:38 AM
But he is the first one in long time to ask us all for shared sacrifices.
When does his start?

andymays
09-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Every President does this stuff but...........

The left hammered Bush for golfing so he stopped.

Whether it's fair or not (probably not totally fair) this guys has been labeled as the party/Vactation President.