PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the left when it comes to 9/11

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Protesters gathered in Manhattan today at the proposed site of the WTC mosque. 2,000 for and 1,500 against, or so the crowd count goes.

I found this particular line in this particular news account stunning:

Center supporters carried signs with such slogans as "The attack on Islam is racism" and "Tea Party Bigots."I think this about says it all as to who was really behind the 2,000 or so supporters.

Makes me kind of sick in a way, but that's just me...Tea Party????? Whatever man...this ship is pretty much sunk as far as I can tell...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39112613/ns/us_news-911_nine_years_later

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Protesters gathered in Manhattan today at the proposed site of the WTC mosque. 2,000 for and 1,500 against, or so the crowd count goes.

I found this particular line in this particular news account stunning:

I think this about says it all as to who was really behind the 2,000 or so supporters.

Makes me kind of sick in a way, but that's just me...Tea Party????? Whatever man...this ship is pretty much sunk as far as I can tell...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39112613/ns/us_news-911_nine_years_later

what in the world are you talking about?

jballscalls
09-11-2010, 10:48 PM
i honestly kind of find both sides of that protest dispicable. they could have done it yesterday or tomorrow, but today is for remembrence of dead, the heroes, and all those who helped us on that day.

boxcar
09-11-2010, 10:51 PM
i honestly kind of find both sides of that protest dispicable. they could have done it yesterday or tomorrow, but today is for remembrence of dead, the heroes, and all those who helped us on that day.

As long as there was no mourning of the dead when remembering them -- because this wasn't what this day was about -- according to the Clueless Wonder-in-Chief.

Boxcar

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 10:51 PM

I agree.

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 10:53 PM
As long as there was no mourning of the dead when remembering them -- because this wasn't what this day was about -- according to the Clueless Wonder-in-Chief.

Boxcar

so should we mourn the rest of our lives? do you think it's healthy to remain in a state of mind where we feel like it just happened? when do we move forward, rebuild and heal? of course many on the right would prefer the pain and anger to stay fresh, makes for better fear mongering.

Relwob Owner
09-11-2010, 10:57 PM
so should we mourn the rest of our lives? do you think it's healthy to remain in a state of mind where we feel like it just happened? when do we move forward, rebuild and heal? of course many on the right would prefer the pain and anger to stay fresh, makes for better fear mongering.

Wow.....judge much? You may not choose to mourn but how can you possibly question those who do????

I have no idea if it is healthy to act like it just happened but I always will. That is independent of moving forward and trying to rebuild and heal. Are you advocating forgetting?????

jballscalls
09-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Wow.....judge much? You may not choose to mourn but how can you possibly question those who do????

I have no idea if it is healthy to act like it just happened but I always will. That is independent of moving forward and trying to rebuild and heal. Are you advocating forgetting?????

completely agree with you here. I mean i know with passings in my family, i remember them, mourn them, miss them etc.

Just as i imagine anyone who lost someone in 9/11 will forever mourn the loss of their particular friend or family member.

not sure what mourning a tragic day and tragic loss has to do with fear mongering

boxcar
09-11-2010, 11:02 PM

How did you logically extrapolate a DAY of Remembrance and, therefore, some mourning in the process,which is entirely natural and healthy with remaining in that state day in and day out? You're as clueless as he is, and that's not easy...even for you.

Boxcar

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:02 PM

not at all...but I am advocating a position that is an extreme minority and that position is it's time to heal. it's time to rebuild and it's time to stop being angry and it's time to stop letting anger get the best of us.

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:05 PM
How did you logically extrapolate a DAY of Remembrance and, therefore, some mourning in the process,which is entirely natural and healthy with remaining in that state day in and day out? You're as clueless as he is, and that's not easy...even for you.

Boxcar

mourning is natural and healthy and grief isn't meant to produce many of the unfortunate side effect that have been produced by this event. i see many using this day to stoke the fires of anger, blame, resentment and hatred.

jballscalls
09-11-2010, 11:07 PM
mourning is natural and healthy and grief isn't meant to produce many of the unfortunate side effect that have been produced by this event. i see many using this day to stoke the fires of anger, blame, resentment and hatred.

but don't you also see people using the war in iraq to stoke the fires of blame, anger, resentment and hatred to Bush and repubs also?

or see michael moore doing the same thing to stoke fires?

as always, it goes both ways

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 11:08 PM
not at all...but I am advocating a position that is an extreme minority and that position is it's time to heal. it's time to rebuild and it's time to stop being angry and it's time to stop letting anger get the best of us.

sure it is. While 29 Soldiers were killed in the last month by the same Accomplices to 9-11 that allowed the planning and staging of the attack to occur. Sure, time to forget about the whole thing.............right!!!!

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:11 PM
but don't you also see people using the war in iraq to stoke the fires of blame, anger, resentment and hatred to Bush and repubs also?

or see michael moore doing the same thing to stoke fires?

as always, it goes both ways

you lost me....i'm not trying to be dismissive, I just don't get your point.

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
sure it is. While 29 Soldiers were killed in the last month by the same Accomplices to 9-11 that allowed the planning and staging of the attack to occur. Sure, time to forget about the whole thing.............right!!!!

not sure what your point is. can you explain to me what it is you're trying to say?

Robert Goren
I watched Donald Trump on Larry King last night. He is trying to buy the Mosque/community center site. He said the site is for sale. It is only a matter of price. The owner paid 4.5 million. Trump is offering about 6 million. He wants 18 million. Trump said he thought that he might get it but it won't be from him. This guy is playing both sides for fools to make a quick 12 million.

jballscalls
you lost me....i'm not trying to be dismissive, I just don't get your point.

you made the point that people use the day as a means to fear monger, stoke the fires of blame, etc

my point was that dont you see people using the war in the middle east the same way, certainly they did before the last presidential election.

and i see michael moore using the war to fan the flames also, or using the economy to fan rabid hatred and passion.

boxcar
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM

What side effects were that? Did some surviving family member go postal somewhere? Did I miss that?

And what does how many or some people use this day have to do with real people -- most especially surviving family and friends of victims -- not supposing to mourn? I'm sure many also experienced this Day of Remembrance with a great deal of sadness, fond memories and love for the victims.

Boxcar

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:19 PM
you made the point that people use the day as a means to fear monger, stoke the fires of blame, etc

my point was that dont you see people using the war in the middle east the same way, certainly they did before the last presidential election.

and i see michael moore using the war to fan the flames also, or using the economy to fan rabid hatred and passion.

I guess I don't think of people being opposed to war and being tired of war as being equal to trying to get people angry at muslims for what happened on 9/11.

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:21 PM
What side effects were that? Did some surviving family member go postal somewhere? Did I miss that?

And what does how many or some people use this day have to do with real people -- most especially surviving family and friends of victims -- not supposing to mourn? I'm sure many also experienced this Day of Remembrance with a great deal of sadness, fond memories and love for the victims.

Boxcar

I'm just going to assume this question isn't serious.

jballscalls
09-11-2010, 11:28 PM
I guess I don't think of people being opposed to war and being tired of war as being equal to trying to get people angry at muslims for what happened on 9/11.

people are angry at terrorists,

just cause you hate terrorists, doesn't mean you hate all muslim's and are angry at all muslim's.

boxcar
09-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm just going to assume this question isn't serious.

Which one?

Boxcar

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Which one?

Boxcar

Boxcar is on your ignore list

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:32 PM
people are angry at terrorists,

just cause you hate terrorists, doesn't mean you hate all muslim's and are angry at all muslim's.

People are angry at terrorists and that makes sense. Why are people offended by Muslims wanting to build a mosque? If they aren't mad at muslims, why the intense opposition to the mosque and why is it placed in the context of 9/11?

boxcar
09-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Boxcar is on your ignore list

Huh? Have you snapped?

Boxcar

boxcar
09-11-2010, 11:37 PM
People are angry at terrorists and that makes sense. Why are people offended by Muslims wanting to build a mosque?

Are you saying that only liberals and Muslims (and let's toss in blacks for good measure) are allowed to be offended? No one else in this world has any bona fide reason to be offended? Is this the deal?

Boxcar

wisconsin
09-11-2010, 11:41 PM
People are angry at terrorists and that makes sense. Why are people offended by Muslims wanting to build a mosque? If they aren't mad at muslims, why the intense opposition to the mosque and why is it placed in the context of 9/11?

Are you serious? Would you be offended if I opened a Nazi museum next to the Holocaust museum? Somebody would. Or how about a beautiful Japanese Visitor center in Pearl Harbor? I think you know what I'm driving at.........

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Are you serious? Would you be offended if I opened a Nazi museum next to the Holocaust museum? Somebody would. Or how about a beautiful Japanese Visitor center in Pearl Harbor? I think you know what I'm driving at.........

I am serious. Are you suggesting that Muslims and Nazi's are equivalent? I actually don't get what you are driving at. Your logic implies that the muslims who wish to worship are equal to terrorists who are responsible for 9/11 or Nazi's. They aren't. If the terrosits wanted to bild a community center, then your logic would be spot on, in my opinon.

boxcar
09-11-2010, 11:52 PM
I am serious. Are you suggesting that Muslims and Nazi's are equivalent? I actually don't get what you are driving at. Your logic implies that the muslims who wish to worship are equal to terrorists who are responsible for 9/11 or Nazi's. They aren't. If the terrosits wanted to bild a community center, then your logic would be spot on, in my opinon.

How do you know the imam isn't a terrorist? Are you aware that this guy refuses to condemn Hamas or any terrorist group by name, as far as I know? And why would someone on the up and up resort to blackmail tactics to get this mosque built? From where is all the money coming to build this mosque? Iran perhaps? The Taliban in Afghanistan? Where? From whom?

Boxcar

wisconsin
09-11-2010, 11:54 PM

The choice to build a Masque at the WTC site is a well thought out and blatant attempt to strike a nerve, under the guise of this countries "Freedom of Religion" amendment. But I would not expect you to see that.

nijinski
09-12-2010, 12:00 AM

Because it's insensitive , you have had to have heard that before .

Why do they so badly have to have the Mosque (Super Center) in
close proximity to the sight of our attack ?

Steve 'StatMan'
09-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Many are uneasy (putting it mildly) since terrorists naturally try to recruit within the muslim community - unfortunately for the good people of the muslim community. I would assume the ones that attacked on 9/11 hung out with many in their local communities before taking their actions, many likely kept their plans a secret.

You do know that the mosque/community center is planned for very near the WTC site - I don't know precisely, perhpas within 2 blocks, and obviously this wasn't open to a public poll or vote of the people in the metropolitan area, and the nation, like dutiful strong brothers & sisters, have taken a protective mentality to this area due to the attack and what happened there. The country seems to have taken an 'in spirit ownership' of the area of this disaster. Maybe it really shouldn't be everyone's business, and before 9/11/2001 people wouldn't have felt that way - but they do now. And the 9/11 aniverary date and this issue sure has generated a lot of press and interet chat. I normally don't watch to dwell on it too much - too sad and hurtful - and was surprised that it seems interest really picked up this year vs past few years.

I certainly hope and do not expect that new mosque to be a recruiting center for more terrorists, and hope that the young people they hope to reach are taught tolerance and respect for others and other religions - despite the words in their book and how their fellow members in muslim countries tend to treat non-muslims. But there are people concerned, and things really haven't healed yet. I live in a very diverse neighborhood of Chicago, and we have pretty much all faiths represented, including arabic and muslims and everyone gets along from what I've seen in my first 9 months here - which is fantastic to me. But some places are just sore points - and to go in and do this knowing full well that any questions or attempts to reverse/move/turn this thing down will go over badly in the muslim world - was frankly irresponsible of the property/mosque buyers. I don't know if they'd have had such a problem being a 5 blocks or maybe 1 mile away. Why here - within, again, going on memory, what, 2 blocks away from the Ground Zero Site?

Yes, we all have freedoms and we have rights with properties, etc. But some things, even though we can, or have a right to, we really shouldn't do, whether it's to put oneself or ones group in a highly sensitive location, or to publicly burn books/things, that other people deem holy or hold in high regard, or publicly flaunt paintings or other alleged art objects featureing other religious or public groups icons and urine and feces.

Okay, quick analogy. It doesn't matter how good of a guy I am or how good of a driver I am, or how well I might instruct other drivers. If so much as my 5th cousin 4th removed with the same last name as mine gets drunk and runs over and kills a bunch of school-aged kids in a neighborhood, I sure as heck wouldn't buy up the house next door to their parents and tell them I was related to him, no matter how sorry I felt or bad for them. And I sure as hell wouldn't buy up a spot on the corner & put up a sign for a driving school. Not there. Somewhere else in town, sure. But not there. That's just stuff that a sensitive person, if thinking, wouldn't do.

I felt back on 9/11/01, and still do to this day, as perhaps many do, that the 9/11 attacks by the terrorists were the worst thing anyone could ever do to the Islamic commuinty.

How soon is too soon? You never know until people don't get upset anymore I guess. Try to heal wounds as best as one can, but for some it is hard, and some impossible. Sadly, that's just people being people, for better or worse.

Tom
09-12-2010, 12:22 AM

They were during WWII. Look it up, or have someone read it to you.

Yes, they are equal to terrorists. The POS trying to build it is a Hamas supporter, and they are terrorists. Boy, are your a lightweight when it comes to knowing anything.

Show Me the Wire
09-12-2010, 01:53 AM

Learn history. Muslims and Nazis were allies in WWII. If the Third Reich was around today, they still would be allies. So I would say yes Muslims are morally equivalent to Nazis

Here is some irony...and you are the one that asked for intelligent conversation and you are not intelligent enough to know about the alliance.

oops I see Tom beat me to the discussion. Great job :ThmbUp:

highnote
09-12-2010, 07:59 AM
I love Off-Topic in the morning....

jballscalls wrote:

Show Me the Wire wrote:
Muslims and Nazis were allies in WWII. If the Third Reich was around today, they still would be allies. So I would say yes Muslims are morally equivalent to Nazis

jballscalls
09-12-2010, 10:39 AM

maybe folks aren't as enlightened as i thought last night LOL

JustRalph
09-12-2010, 11:45 AM

all we need is a little Napalm huh?

boxcar
09-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Learn history. Muslims and Nazis were allies in WWII. If the Third Reich was around today, they still would be allies. So I would say yes Muslims are morally equivalent to Nazis

Here is some irony...and you are the one that asked for intelligent conversation and you are not intelligent enough to know about the alliance.

Good post and absolutely historically accurate. Now fast forward to the present and who are the Muslims new allies? The Left here in America and everywhere else around the world! Anyone see the parallels here?

Boxcar

PhantomOnTour
09-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Good post and absolutely historically accurate. Now fast forward to the present and who are the Muslims new allies? The Left here in America and everywhere else around the world! Anyone see the parallels here?

Boxcar
Pure dream team assertion, and the kind of rhetoric your ilk just eats up.

boxcar
09-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Pure dream team assertion, and the kind of rhetoric your ilk just eats up.

Can you defend your position or are just just a two-bit fly-by shooter out for a thrilling ride, taking your cheap potshots?

Boxcar

Tom
09-12-2010, 01:35 PM

He wanted an intelligent conversation, so you and I had it. He was not up to the task! :lol:

Reminds me of the joke, a woman tell her husband she wants to have a threesome.
"You want to bring another person into our bedroom?" he asked?
"No," she replied. "You're not listening.....two people!"