PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open - Wow

WinterTriangle
09-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Horseracing takes a back-seat for me during US Open.

Djokovic's upset over Fedderer was one of the better tennis matches I've seen in a long time. Almost 4 hours, so evenly matched, very good high level competitive tennis.

Women's Finals on now, I fully expected Clijsters to annialate whoever she faced, 30+ women's titles now.
so---Zyonareva is gonna get wiped out there. I look at the sheer determination in Clijster's face, she is just relentless tennis player.

Tomorrow, Nadal plays Djokovic. I would normally take Nadal, but this isn't on clay, so Djokovic might get this one too.

WinterTriangle
09-11-2010, 09:21 PM
O gawd, clijsters is pushing her opppenent around the court like a dust bunnie that hit a dust mop. Ouch. Hurts to watch these kinds of matches sometimes.

clijsters should get her $2.2 million pretty easy here.

"Dad" is a soccer player, she has innate athleticism.

WinterTriangle
09-11-2010, 09:38 PM
That was about the shortest match I've ever seen. Clijsters won faster than I could hand-wash a large sinkful of dishes.:eek:

bigmack
09-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Love the kid. Spittin' image.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/sep2009/6/9/kim-clijsters-with-daughter-jada-pic-getty-521245597.jpg

WinterTriangle
09-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks for that, Big Mack!

What a lil' darlin'

Clijsters having taken off time to have a child and then coming back to the game just makes her really more incredible. That's got to be a tough comeback, many either lose their form permanently, or lose their "killer instinct".

Felt truly bad for Zyonareva---she beat a lot of high level players in a row (6 I think) to get to this match. I think her confidence just disappeared--something about Clijsters just jittered her.... and then she let her emotions get in the way and it ruined her game. She's really more of a doubles player anyway.

PhantomOnTour
09-12-2010, 12:51 AM
I just feel for Federer here. He looks as if the rest of the tennis world has caught up with him. Think Nadal would have beaten him in the finals if he had gotten past Djokovic. Wonder what he will do now...