PDA

View Full Version : Dave Weaver's FPX pick 4 for today, Sept 11.

Stillriledup
09-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I know its important to actually HIT the thing, but i don't get why you would single the 2 co favorites in the first leg and the 1-5 favorite in the 3rd leg. He's investing 45 dollars on a 50 cent ticket, which means if the pick 4 pays 90 dollars for a dollar, he breaks even. Can this bet pay more than 90 dollars if the Martin Pedroza 1-5 shot in the feature race wins?

He's got a 6-5 and a 2-1 in leg one, ALL in leg 2, a heavy fave singled in leg 3 and he's 5 or 6 deep in leg 4.

It just seems like too chalky of a ticket, you don't want to hit it and lose money.

Stillriledup
09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Weaver spend 45 dollars, HIT the bet and got back 23. Nice.

The Hawk
09-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Just curious: When they posted the results, did they play the cash register "Kaching!" sound bite over and over, like they do when someone picks a winner?

Stillriledup
09-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Just curious: When they posted the results, did they play the cash register "Kaching!" sound bite over and over, like they do when someone picks a winner?

No, they were apologizing (and probably making excuses).

ICEEEEEE COLD!! PICK 4s! :lol:

BlueShoe
09-12-2010, 12:23 AM
ICEEEEEE COLD!! :lol:
Of all the annoying, irritating things that the spectrum of TVG hosts say, this is the one that tops the S list for yours truly. Whenever it sounds as if this guy is going to shriek out his "Ice Cold" exacta, I am pushing buttons on the remote.

lamboguy
09-12-2010, 05:19 AM
in the world of tvg, getting back half your money is better than nothing at all. if it was a $45 ticket tvg made close to $7 bucks on everyone that played the thing through their adw. that is no risk money. so really could care less about the outcome of the race profitable for the player or not. i have yet to see a pick 3 or 4 that the analyst on the tvg network didn't like. personally i might play one of those things 7 or 8 times for the whole year.

i played horses yesterday from 12:30 until 11:00. i put a good days worth of work in, i bet 37 races for the whole day. 36 bets were w-p-s, one was an exacta at albaquirkie that i played a one way number and hit it and it paid $9.00. they happened to have had some great races there yesterday, they had all 2 yo trials..

Turkoman
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Weaver spend 45 dollars, HIT the bet and got back 23. Nice.

I guess he would have been better off playing one of those favorites to win......hehe

Stillriledup
09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
in the world of tvg, getting back half your money is better than nothing at all. if it was a $45 ticket tvg made close to $7 bucks on everyone that played the thing through their adw. that is no risk money. so really could care less about the outcome of the race profitable for the player or not. i have yet to see a pick 3 or 4 that the analyst on the tvg network didn't like. personally i might play one of those things 7 or 8 times for the whole year.

i played horses yesterday from 12:30 until 11:00. i put a good days worth of work in, i bet 37 races for the whole day. 36 bets were w-p-s, one was an exacta at albaquirkie that i played a one way number and hit it and it paid $9.00. they happened to have had some great races there yesterday, they had all 2 yo trials..

I guess with a 50 cent P/W they can get 45 dollars out of each and every player who decides to play. My point was that when you single a 2-5 shot and then in leg 1, you go 2 deep (the co- 6 to 5 shots) than you might want to just bet this more than 50 cents base.

This was a pick 4 where he could have did a 20 dollar p/w and went 2 by 1 by 1 by 1 and hit this for 20 bucks instead of 50 cents.

lamboguy
09-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I guess with a 50 cent P/W they can get 45 dollars out of each and every player who decides to play. My point was that when you single a 2-5 shot and then in leg 1, you go 2 deep (the co- 6 to 5 shots) than you might want to just bet this more than 50 cents base.

This was a pick 4 where he could have did a 20 dollar p/w and went 2 by 1 by 1 by 1 and hit this for 20 bucks instead of 50 cents.no question if you are a rebate player you are always going to be better off betting the singles to win in the long run or short run. but tvg don't have to many rebate players, they deal to suckers, and treat their audience like suckers. they are in the business of touting pick 4 tickets and give you points for being a good tvg customer that you can use at the sky mall. so we are discussing something that everyone on this board understands.

Stillriledup
09-12-2010, 04:19 PM
no question if you are a rebate player you are always going to be better off betting the singles to win in the long run or short run. but tvg don't have to many rebate players, they deal to suckers, and treat their audience like suckers. they are in the business of touting pick 4 tickets and give you points for being a good tvg customer that you can use at the sky mall. so we are discussing something that everyone on this board understands.

Right.

But, i think that these TVG 'experts' consider themselves elite handicapping talent, they don't view it that way, these guys are trying to win, they want people to say, "that guy, he knows racing"

Its pretty obvious that Dave Weaver doesn't really know racing all that well. Nice guy and sometimes funny, but not a racing talent by any stretch of the imagination.

lamboguy
09-12-2010, 05:25 PM
i am sure that tvg does not pay their analyst big money. it is highly unlikely that all of them even have the capabilities of handicapping horses. the picks they give out are pretty good for the price you pay for them. i mean really why bash tvg? because they are the leading full time horse racing network?

they give out pick4 tickets, bash bridgejumping and promote the horse racing business as good as they can with the limited tools that they have at their disposal. so they often give out dumb tickets, who really cares. on balance they do a decent job in my mind.

Stillriledup
09-12-2010, 05:40 PM
i am sure that tvg does not pay their analyst big money. it is highly unlikely that all of them even have the capabilities of handicapping horses. the picks they give out are pretty good for the price you pay for them. i mean really why bash tvg? because they are the leading full time horse racing network?

they give out pick4 tickets, bash bridgejumping and promote the horse racing business as good as they can with the limited tools that they have at their disposal. so they often give out dumb tickets, who really cares. on balance they do a decent job in my mind.

Because they're not helping cultivate new horseplayers, they're just taking from the industry and not giving back.

lamboguy
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
tvg has a big overhead to take care of. i am sure as far as adw's go they aren't that high a volume outfit like ubet or twinspires, and i think they have done a decent job. don't get me wrong, i am not a big fan of tvg but i certainly understand their predicament today.

Stillriledup
09-12-2010, 10:56 PM
tvg has a big overhead to take care of. i am sure as far as adw's go they aren't that high a volume outfit like ubet or twinspires, and i think they have done a decent job. don't get me wrong, i am not a big fan of tvg but i certainly understand their predicament today.

Their predicament?