PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming vet clinic...top class

joanied
09-11-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.thefencepost.com/article/20100911/NEWS/100909918/1032&ParentProfile=1001

This is a story about a mare that can live her life in comfort now with an artificial limb...
I am posting this because I think everyone beleives Wyoming is as far from horse racing as it can be, and that every veterinarian must be one of those rural country docs...this facility in Sheridan is world class:ThmbUp:
:)

GaryG
09-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Far from the racetracks, the major ones anyway, but still plenty of horses. My grandkids could ride as soon as they could walk. Planned to move there two years ago until my wife started having hip trouble. May still do it.

joanied
09-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Hope you get the chance to do it, Gary G...especially the Sheridan side of the Big Horn's...it's beautiful there...I lived in the small town of Dayton and I horse backed most of the Big Horn Mountains...it's unreal.

Also...Dayton, the Horsehoe Ranch, is where Foolish Pleasure lived out his days, and he is buried at the foot of the mountain.

In Wyoming...horses rule:ThmbUp:

tucker6
09-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Hope you get the chance to do it, Gary G...especially the Sheridan side of the Big Horn's...it's beautiful there...I lived in the small town of Dayton and I horse backed most of the Big Horn Mountains...it's unreal.

Also...Dayton, the Horsehoe Ranch, is where Foolish Pleasure lived out his days, and he is buried at the foot of the mountain.

In Wyoming...horses rule:ThmbUp:Not a bad way to live out your life and your death. :ThmbUp:

joanied
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Not a bad way to live out your life and your death. :ThmbUp:

tucker...Foolish Pleasure was the happiest he'd been in years on the ranch in Dayton...fact is, the folks there pretty much rescued him...and he recieved the best of everything, including lots of TLC.
You should have seen him in with the weanlings...he was their 'Big Daddy'...he was great with those youngsters:)

I still miss that 'ol hoss :( ...his grave is the perfect setting...he was as majestic as the mountain:ThmbUp: