PDA

View Full Version : He's a Human Being....Who Pays?

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 01:15 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/11/1683104/immigrant-care-puts-hospitals.html

Illegal immigrant care puts hospitals, families in costly dilemma

The case of Orlen Rosales: How soaring treatment costs for illegal immigrants put families and hospitals in a bind.
More than two dozen medical staples hold together the left side of Orlen Rosales' head after he was struck by a train on July 4, his family says.

Few thought the 26-year-old Honduran would survive, but doctors and nurses at Carolinas Medical Center have worked nonstop to save him.

After weeks close to death, he's now up and talking.

But the bills for his treatment have far exceeded what the family can pay.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/11/1683104/immigrant-care-puts-hospitals.html#ixzz0zF4UcGNA

Tom
09-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Put all of our illegals on boats and sent them to Cuba, where , I am told, health care is exceptional, far better than we have here. How could ANYONE complain about our doing that?

boxcar
09-11-2010, 01:39 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/11/1683104/immigrant-care-puts-hospitals.html

Illegal immigrant care puts hospitals, families in costly dilemma

The case of Orlen Rosales: How soaring treatment costs for illegal immigrants put families and hospitals in a bind.
More than two dozen medical staples hold together the left side of Orlen Rosales' head after he was struck by a train on July 4, his family says.

Few thought the 26-year-old Honduran would survive, but doctors and nurses at Carolinas Medical Center have worked nonstop to save him.

After weeks close to death, he's now up and talking.

But the bills for his treatment have far exceeded what the family can pay.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/09/11/1683104/immigrant-care-puts-hospitals.html#ixzz0zF4UcGNA

I don't get it. What am I missing here? Cuz Lopez is worried about the quality of health care in a country with socialized medicine? I thought socialized medicine was the end all and be all. No?

Boxcar

46zilzal
09-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Anyone could find RED WHITE AND BLUE folks in exactly the same boat...Xenophobia rears it head on a regular basis

Tom
09-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Hold the phone, Oscar, I generously offered to provide BETTER health care to non-taxpayers. How you fault that? Unless, you are prepared to admit HC in the US is better than in Cuba?

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Anyone could find RED WHITE AND BLUE folks in exactly the same boat...Xenophobia rears it head on a regular basis

yes, but they are "Legally residing in the country" and they are entitled to the rights of "U.S. Citizens"

How that gets past you, I have no idea............ or maybe I do....... you leftist fools are unable to judge others, to provide an opine that is derived from logic and sensibility.

The man is a parasite on the country. He feeds off of it and sends money back to his home country. I guarantee you this guy has paid no taxes. There are thousands of these guys roaming around Charlotte.......it takes a great toll on the community.

TJDave
09-11-2010, 06:48 PM

Anyone, of whatever stripe who gets drunk and passes out on a railroad track is deserving of a Darwin award not medical assistance.

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Anyone, of whatever stripe who gets drunk and passes out on a railroad track is deserving of a Darwin award not medical assistance.

You haven't lived until you take a 911 call from someone who speaks very little English and they tell you they are stuck on the railroad tracks with a train coming and they ask you " Should I get out of the car? " or even better, " The train light is getting brighter, is he gonna stop? "

This was a DUI driver/Female who had swung a little off to the right while crossing the tracks and was now stuck. An officer got there just in time to get her out of the car..........she won't be driving it anymore.

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm pretty sure jesus wouldnt want us to take care of poor people, so screw them all.

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure jesus wouldnt want us to take care of poor people, so screw them all.Ahhh....getting right at the heart of the matter...excellent contribution to the board...thank you!

nijinski
09-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure jesus wouldnt want us to take care of poor people, so screw them all.

I undersatand what you are saying and what Ralph is saying.

Here's the problem , there are the elderly and the disabled and there are and newly displaced folks. If they are really suffering a hardship ,
I'm all for helping them.

Those who are really poor , should not be able to fly back to their homes
in other countries and keep a section eight residence here . It happens
way too often. Medicaid is handed out way too easily to people who have
learned to rip off the system .
You may not mind paying taxes for frequent flyers , going back home to the DR , Columbia or wherever , but it's very unfair for the hardworking citizens
of this country to have to pay for this.
I have no problem with aiding those in real need ,but we have been decieved
and sucked dry by those who just don't give back and have turned the welfare system into a joke.

boxcar
09-11-2010, 10:20 PM

Oh, no...more talk of the Son of God from a godless one. What makes you an authority on Jesus? Were you privy to an epiphany or something?

Boxcar
P.S. But you are right about Jesus. He wouldn't like the idea much of the government forcing people to take care of poor people. He'd much prefer that we make that kind of decision on our own.

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh, no...more talk of the Son of God from a godless one. What makes you an authority on Jesus? Were you privy to an epiphany or something?

Boxcar
P.S. But you are right about Jesus. He wouldn't like the idea much of the government forcing people to take care of poor people. He'd much prefer that we make that kind of decision on our own.

that which you do to the least of my brothers you do to me......keep trying.

boxcar
09-11-2010, 10:55 PM
that which you do to the least of my brothers you do to me......keep trying.

But it doesn't say that which you do under the force of a state's laws to the least of my brothers, you do to me, does it?

Your turn...

Boxcar

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 11:14 PM
I undersatand what you are saying and what Ralph is saying.

Here's the problem , there are the elderly and the disabled and there are and newly displaced folks. If they are really suffering a hardship ,
I'm all for helping them.

Those who are really poor , should not be able to fly back to their homes
in other countries and keep a section eight residence here . It happens
way too often. Medicaid is handed out way too easily to people who have
learned to rip off the system .
You may not mind paying taxes for frequent flyers , going back home to the DR , Columbia or wherever , but it's very unfair for the hardworking citizens
of this country to have to pay for this.
I have no problem with aiding those in real need ,but we have been decieved
and sucked dry by those who just don't give back and have turned the welfare system into a joke.

There will always be a place for the "Deserving Poor" Our Society takes care of them gladly, no matter your political stripe

There is a difference between a criminal and those in the Deserving Poor Group.

jognlope
09-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Should have not had a heatlh care bill, let health care insurance be affordable only for the rich and let the rest of us go to the ER, where they do not provide chemotherapy.