PDA

View Full Version : indiana downs on 9/11

lamboguy
09-11-2010, 09:30 AM
look at the money they are giving away today in that place for harness, almost $2million in purses and maybe even more in breeders awards if it is done that way. i noticed the day to day purses there are pretty good as well.

Zman179
09-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Good luck on chasing their $121 Pick 6 carryover. :rolleyes:

Last night, their largest Pick 3 pool was $646. Ex/Tri/Spr pools are ok, between $5000 and $8000 per pool, per race.

But does it really matter what purses they pay out when the bettors side of the money is so small?

lamboguy
09-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Good luck on chasing their $121 Pick 6 carryover. :rolleyes:

Last night, their largest Pick 3 pool was $646. Ex/Tri/Spr pools are ok, between $5000 and $8000 per pool, per race.

But does it really matter what purses they pay out when the bettors side of the money is so small?without knowing what the problem is i suspect the problem with the handle will be loud and clear after the results are in today, the larger operations are going to wind up getting the purse money and the smaller guys go home with a frown.

lamboguy
09-12-2010, 08:49 AM
i watched all the stake races there last night, and i can honestly say they were very exciting. a lot of ZOOOMING BY horses and great run races with plenty of planned out strategy in them.

on another note i got a post card yesterday from scarborough downs inviting me to a lasagna and meat ball dinner today for a cost of only $5,00 plus tax, but i would have had to have reserved my place in the dining room by september 9 to reserve my spot. i got the stupid postcard after the deadline so i guess i will not be able to make it up to maine to watch my 2 yo trotter in the maine standardbred breeders finals. i don't think she has much of a chance to start out with and she drew pretty bad.