PDA

View Full Version : Hastings leading rider hospitalized

46zilzal
09-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Fernando Perez, leading rider at the current Hasting's Park meeting was excused from all mounts tonight as he has been hospitalized with a lung infection.

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 04:38 AM
apparently they don't have a HIPA Law in Canada huh?

Trotman
09-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Maybe Zilly can answer this and I say maybe because many people I've asked are perplexed. Of the current jockey colony where the hell did they come from. Sure there are many riders that tried Woodbine that ride at Hastings but I'm talking the top 10 or 15. At the start of their season there were no riders and now they have riders.

Robert Goren
09-11-2010, 08:29 AM
apparently they don't have a HIPA Law in Canada huh?Just give it a rest once in a while. I hope Mr Perez has a speedy recovery.

Trotman
09-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Well I don't think Zilly has to answer where the Hastings riders came from or for that fact are they just never was riders that still can make the weight, I just watched the replays from Friday and there is more contact than in a wreck em derby. Every race banging bumping and stop and go like a car running out of gas. These so called riders have no clue what it means to have a clean trip and stay out of trouble they run into blind switches and walls of horses. I'm sorry Zilly you can have your say but I have seen better run races at a country fair, there is no way you could ever bet that bull ring. :ThmbDown:

46zilzal
09-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Well I don't think Zilly has to answer where the Hastings riders came from or for that fact are they just never was riders that still can make the weight, I just watched the replays from Friday and there is more contact than in a wreck em derby. Every race banging bumping and stop and go like a car running out of gas. These so called riders have no clue what it means to have a clean trip and stay out of trouble they run into blind switches and walls of horses. I'm sorry Zilly you can have your say but I have seen better run races at a country fair, there is no way you could ever bet that bull ring. :ThmbDown:
me and my shadow...this is tiresome you clown

Trotman
09-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Zilly as the line goes "In A Few Good Men" you can't handle the truth. You talk about Hastings and everything about that place as if it's the diamond of horse racing when in fact it's a dump.

46zilzal
09-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Zilly as the line goes "In A Few Good Men" you can't handle the truth. You talk about Hastings and everything about that place as if it's the diamond of horse racing when in fact it's a dump.
I never claimed it was other than a small bull ring with locally bred horses. It is what it is and I have never stated otherwise....You are a real putz...I am NOT sending you any free Sartin programs!!!

Trotman
09-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Zilly get over it, I have all the programs I need, you are nothing to me but a joke and a waste of my time and with that time for me to put you on ignore. :sleeping:

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Zilly get over it, I have all the programs I need, you are nothing to me but a joke and a waste of my time and with that time for me to put you on ignore. :sleeping:You should have done that a long time ago...if you two mix it up again, one of you is going to get the boot...

46zilzal
09-11-2010, 05:42 PM
You should have done that a long time ago...if you two mix it up again, one of you is going to get the boot...
the voice of rationality

toetoe
09-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Fernando Perez, leading rider at the current Hasting's Park meeting was excused from all mounts tonight as he has been hospitalized with a lung infection.

Maybe it's a case of bucking bronc-itis ?

[Ooh, mebbe not. Cough, cough :blush: ]

46zilzal
09-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Maybe it's a case of bucking bronc-itis ?

[Ooh, mebbe not. Cough, cough :blush: ]

No this is a serious infection and there was a concern about pulmonary embolus. If you saw Perez you would be amazed as he is built like a young Laffit and for something to knock this fellow for a loop like this is something.

Saratoga_Mike
09-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Zil,

What is your role at Hasting? Did you attend to this rider? I thought you were in marketing.

Trotman
09-11-2010, 10:52 PM
:lol: Saratoga Mike I try to get out and they pull me back in. I love it. :ThmbUp:

RXB
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
No this is a serious infection and there was a concern about pulmonary embolus. If you saw Perez you would be amazed as he is built like a young Laffit and for something to knock this fellow for a loop like this is something.

I was told this morning that they found an arterial blockage and had to put in a stent. Very unusual for such a young, fit guy.

Tom
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
That sounds serious...how do you pick up a lung infection like that?

46zilzal
09-13-2010, 09:42 AM
That sounds serious...how do you pick up a lung infection like that?
Sounds a bit like the manifestation of a previously unknown malformation he was born with but do not know his personal habits, social structure, past medical history, injury history etc etc

Tom
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I was just curious if he had ridden a lot on synthetics surfaces and that was a tie in.....that was my "Blink" reaction.

46zilzal
09-13-2010, 02:08 PM
It appears that Fernando Perez will be out the rest of the season and it will cost him big time as he was the regular rider on many of the favorites in the year end big contests.

Richard Hamel, who is shown here yesterday posing for the camera as he won his 1000th race, will no doubt take over the top spot as he is riding as well as this or any other observer has ever seen him ride.

toetoe
09-13-2010, 02:25 PM
It is what it is

Oh no you dinit ... didjew ?!? :bang: .

Regarding arguably real putzdom, a famous writer used to brag of giving "champagne to my real friends ... and real pain to my sham friends."

My kids came up with, "I give shampoo to my real friends, and, well ..."

toetoe
09-13-2010, 02:29 PM

Oh, a wise guy. Taking me seriously, eh ? Well, that's the best defense, I guess. Still, Sir, a lobe blow.