http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K15rxmU6oFY

Grits
09-11-2010, 01:18 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :(

Good night, gentlemen and ladies.

And Tom, thank you--always.

Hoofhearted
09-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Huge respect tinged with much sadness for the great heros (and all the other innocent victims) who died on that terrible day.
Forever in our thoughts and prayers.

Robert Goren
09-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I will never forget them.:(

lamboguy
09-11-2010, 08:30 AM
our hearts are all with the victim's and their family's. thank you tom.

Mike at A+
09-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Nine years ago today, we lost a good friend working at Cantor Fitzgerald and we lost a family member who was a NYC fireman. As a former New Yorker, I cannot understand how anyone could support the building of a mosque so close to where these people were slaughtered. And as many times as I hear politicians say this isn't about Islam, I can't help but point out that 100% of the attackers that day were Muslims. By no means am I saying that all Muslims are bad people. I've worked with many of them who were just like anyone else. My niece married a Muslim who is one of the nicest people I've ever met. My kids have many Muslim friends who are welcome in our home. And I don't oppose the building of this mosque on Constitutional grounds. I just think that the good Muslims in America need to come out and say that this isn't a good idea at this time and should be the first to speak out against terrorism when the next attack takes place because there will be more of them across the globe. Perhaps after 20 years of proving that they are just like anyone else and that they can end terrorism among those of the Islamic faith we can have this discussion again. But until then, they should understand as most Americans do that building it now and building it there is not a good idea. These times should be reserved for honoring the innocent victims of this senseless slaughter and their still grieving families. The freedoms we enjoy are like no other place on earth. They need to be acknowledged, respected and not taken advantage of by anyone here or abroad.

Robert Goren
09-11-2010, 09:47 AM
MSNBC replaying NBC's coverage of 9/11 as it happened back then.

jballscalls
09-11-2010, 10:00 AM
thanks for posting the video Tom, very moving. those guys have hearts and balls bigger than the city

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 01:03 PM
funny, no shots in those videos of Muslims selling bottled water for 15 bucks a bottle............

Show Me the Wire
09-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Let not our heros' sacrifices be in vain.

riskman
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks Tom, for posting that video. Today is all about those 343 firefighters , policemen, and all emergency responders and victims that lost their lives on that horrific day nine years ago on Sept. 11th.

In honor of those, lest we not forget that the terrorists must NEVER be allowed to win. America should not be afraid to confront these extremists here or any part of the world. These terrorists want to see us destroyed. They pose a continual threat.

We are country of freedoms where religion and speech are equal.The construction of a building and the burning of a book are rights to all whether we agree or not.

Canadian
09-11-2010, 04:22 PM
MSNBC replaying NBC's coverage of 9/11 as it happened back then.

Just so you or anyone knows. Here is a link to all the networks coverage that day. Just scroll down a little.

http://www.archive.org/details/sept_11_tv_archive

Canadian
09-11-2010, 04:23 PM
As a former New Yorker, I cannot understand how anyone could support the building of a mosque so close to where these people were slaughtered.

I honestly can understand it. I just think they are misguided.

Trotman
09-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I will never forget that day. I was not there but the worry over family that live in NYC and for the families who had family members perish touched all of us deeply. My heart, my prayers and wishes go out to all. Ever since that fateful day I keep asking why, why does slaughtering innocent people make your beliefs right?????

nijinski
09-11-2010, 07:55 PM
A day of reflection and prayer for those lives were taken , and for peace and strength for their loved ones.

BELMONT 6-6-09
09-11-2010, 08:03 PM
I was at the scene from the beginning...I work for the city. I have buried those moments but I will never forget. May the families of the loved ones lost find their peace someday.

cj's dad
09-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I honestly can understand it. I just think they are misguided.

All was well until this comment ! The dead are our countrymen, Americans, heroes, friends and family. If you cannot on this day post something positive, stay away !!

Are there no web blogs in the USA's attic that you can go to ??