PDA

View Full Version : Experiment With BRIS PP Generator Is Over!

PhantomOnTour
09-10-2010, 11:09 AM
That didn't take long...lasted about 6days. What a joke and mistake this turned out to be.
A) BRIS will not let you buy a whole meets' data files in advance. I have to make a $1 purchase 37 different times if I want the Belmont fall meet...brilliant! :rolleyes:
B) called tech support today to address a small problem with inserting User Items and my corresponding data into my pp's but their tech support office is CLOSED...say what!? The reason? No one showed up today! :lol: (seriously, that's what the supervisor told me)...no one showed up.

And folks wonder why horseplayers are so disgruntled most of the time...because we constantly have to deal with entities within this industry who simply haven't the first clue of how to take care of their customers.

Pathetic.

JustRalph
09-10-2010, 11:27 AM
If you really want to look at Bris PP's and have some control over them

buy a copy of Equisim........and print them from Equisim.......it works very nicely for PP's and it has a bunch of nice options for PP view.

I made a Pdf out of the first race on Labor day at SAR

Also attached a pic of the race form view options

I have no idea what it costs to buy Equisim anymore...... I have had it for years.......and use the PP's mostly along with the simulator some.

PhantomOnTour
09-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I believe the PP Gen has all the features I need, but there is a learning curve involved and some questions simply cannot be answered by the HELP page or FAQs page, esp if I have a problem with the data. To have no one available for support (much more so since this was my first purchase) is just bush league. The reason behind having no one there to help is even more bush league.

Robert Goren
09-10-2010, 12:12 PM
In relative small companies this stuff happens from time to time. One time my tech was on vacation back in his home country of Vietnam, his back up quit on the spot leave me as the only person with a clue( and didn't have much of one) and I was trying to give directions on the phone from my hospital bed on how to fix things where I was trying to enjoy the morphine. I had a blocked bowel. Fun times.

PhantomOnTour
09-10-2010, 12:26 PM
...on my own. I was attempting to create a USER ITEM (which I did) but it wouldn't appear once I created it. The solution is when I hit the CREATE button I then need to hit the SAVE button as well (it comes up in place of the CREATE button). First you create, then you save....thought the creation would save automatically but no. I am a tech dummy!

IMO the User Items are the whole ball of wax for me as I input my own speed figs into the pp lines. If you are trying to do this yourself I urge you to use the User Item titled START instead of using RACE or DIST/SURF. The RACE heading will not allow you to enter different figs for two horses exiting the same race (it only allows one race fig). The START heading will as you enter by date,race #,post position # and HORSE'S NAME, which is the distinguishing feature that keeps those figs separate from others.
Neat stuff and hope this helps any other tech challenged folks like myself.

proximity
09-11-2010, 01:56 AM

IMO the User Items are the whole ball of wax for me as I input my own speed figs into the pp lines. .

i have an append query in access that sends my figures to each horse's start NOTES field. this prints below the pps and kills a few more trees, but i like the spread out look a little better. you're right about the learing curve for us "caveman" handicappers. just keep messing with it and be patient. if you ever get to penn national, drop me a pm and we'll compare notes if i'm around.

PhantomOnTour
09-11-2010, 02:42 AM
i have an append query in access that sends my figures to each horse's start NOTES field. this prints below the pps and kills a few more trees, but i like the spread out look a little better. you're right about the learing curve for us "caveman" handicappers. just keep messing with it and be patient. if you ever get to penn national, drop me a pm and we'll compare notes if i'm around.
Adding my figs in the pp lines is tedious the way that I do it. Is there a better/shorter way? As it is now I have to go into Styles then User Items then Add UI Data Manually then Start Item. After that I must enter the track, date, race number, post position and horse's name for each race in order to get my figs into the pp lines. A single race card is daunting, but I guess in time these excercises will become shorter as all I will have to enter is the figs for the last race.

Actor
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
A) BRIS will not let you buy a whole meets' data files in advance. I have to make a $1 purchase 37 different times if I want the Belmont fall meet...brilliant! :rolleyes:

Do I understand correctly that you want to buy the files for the entire meet, including the last day, Oct 31, now? They don't exist. I could be wrong but I don't think even Belmont's racing secretary has any idea today who's going to be running on Oct 31. Even if you could buy the files today there would be so many changes between now and then that they would be worthless when the day arrives.

qvbelmont
09-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I am sure he just wants to pay up front, not get all the PP's right away.

PhantomOnTour
09-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I am sure he just wants to pay up front, not get all the PP's right away.
Exactly. Just like the meet plans DRF offers for Del Mar and Sar. Pay up front and use as you like when the data is available.