PDA

View Full Version : Fairplex

netbet
09-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi all,

Today is opening day at Fairplex. I will probably do a fair amount of wagering since I followed Dmr and got to know a bit about the jocks, trainers and horses.

I know Fairplex is a whole new ball game but it may be interesting. At least it is a return to real dirt racing.

I know Flores and Pedroza are the jocks to watch but I will be wagering on Alonso Quinonez and Christian Santiago Reyes on the price horses.

I see that the 6th race on the opening day card is a match race between Flores and Pedroza.

Have a great day!

GaryG
09-09-2010, 10:36 AM
The fields are much smaller than usual, especially tomorrow. They used to have nearly all full fields, now it looks like Hollywood Park. Looks like a chalk fest to me. I used to love this meet, but it has fallen victim to the SoCal Malaise.

cj
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I have never forgotten watching jockey J.C. Gonzalez killed on opening day in 1999. I can't believe it was actually that long ago. I know it can happen anywhere, but I've lost interest in Fairplex after that incident.

46zilzal
09-09-2010, 12:31 PM
FIRST live racing I ever wagered on when it was a bull ring of a bull ring, or a half miler.....Made the mistake of cashing 7 of 9 bets and thought to myself :"This is easy....." Easy, until I went to the inaugural Oak Tree meeting a few weeks later and was cleaned out.

bushwick
09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
What is up with the 6th race 3 horses and 1 is on the also ?

GaryG
09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Match race between Flores and Pedroza for the title "King of the Ring".

David-LV
09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
What is up with the 6th race 3 horses and 1 is on the also ?

This is a match race between Pendroza and Flores, the two best bullring riders.

_________
David-LV

Stillriledup
09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Here's a hint, bet on Martin Pedroza . :lol:

What a joke of a track.

A. Pineda
09-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Here's a hint, bet on Martin Pedroza . :lol:

What a joke of a track.

Well, it does have a party atmosphere, though at DM you have fancy hats and margueritas, and at FP you have tank tops and slurpees.

Very hard to concentrate on anything with the cacophony which eminates from the bandstand, or the lasses that wiggle in to see the bootiful horsies.

At every FP meet there has always been a dominating rider, and you must remember that 5/2 is a gift.

When the track was shaped like an egg an evil pleasure was to laugh whenever a horse and rider blew the clubhouse turn to nearly land in the kiddie ferris wheel located just over the fence. Ah, the good old days.

cnollfan
09-10-2010, 09:22 AM
If those were the odds on last night's season opener for the NFL, how many sports bettors would have been willing to take 0.50-1 on the Saints minus 4 1/2 points, or if they liked the Vikings, plus 4 1/2 points at 0.80-1?

People wring their hands about horse racing going out of style and point to milkshakes and synthetics, but the takeout is the 900-pound elephant IMHO. When a race is stripped down to two it becomes painfully obvious.

garyscpa
09-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Match race between Flores and Pedroza for the title "King of the Ring".

A maiden claiming race, no less. :cool:

Market Mover
09-10-2010, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=garyscpa]A maiden claiming race, no less. :cool:[/QUOTE

Which posts are most advantageous year after year?

sally
09-10-2010, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=garyscpa]A maiden claiming race, no less. :cool:[/QUOTE

Which posts are most advantageous year after year?

I suspect whichever one Martin Pedroza is in...

GaryG
09-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Which posts are most advantageous year after year?Surprisingly, outside posts do quite well in the 4F races (they only run 8 horses). The race starts at the edge of the first turn and the rail can be intimidating.

jamey1977
09-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Surprisingly, outside posts do quite well in the 4F races (they only run 8 horses). The race starts at the edge of the first turn and the rail can be intimidating.
Fairplex. any strategies? Why does the Daily Racing Form just pass on the Closer Look comments at Fairplex ? I mean we do need some guidelines. They do have The Selections, but how about the Closer Look comments ? . Anyone know where we can get some comments on the horses.Just anything. A 9 word blurb. Anything

GaryG
09-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Fairplex. any strategies? Why does the Daily Racing Form just pass on the Closer Look comments at Fairplex ? I mean we do need some guidelines. They do have The Selections, but how about the Closer Look comments ? . Anyone know where we can get some comments on the horses.Just anything. A 9 word blurb. AnythingHere is one that is a high % play: If one horse has half mile fractions that are clearly superior you can take it to the bank in 4F races. Take a look at J P's Dreams in todays 4th. Paid a very nice $9.40. I don't trust any public handicappers except Gordon Jones. He is on the track feed from Fpx on RTN. Hope that helps.