PDA

View Full Version : Thank god someone is bringing back book burning

TheFlagIsUp
09-09-2010, 01:07 AM
So a group of people, alleged supporters and followers of christ are going to perform a pure act of hate and burn korans......wanna bet jesus would be opposed?

Greyfox
09-09-2010, 02:43 AM
So a group of people, alleged supporters and followers of christ are going to perform a pure act of hate and burn korans......wanna bet jesus would be opposed?

Endangering American troops and Americans around the world by burning the
Qu'ran (Koran) is absolute madness. But publicizing it is just as stupid.
Otherwise, who would know?
In many Muslim countries, the Koran is the only book they have ever read from early childhood.
As such they have been literally brainwashed to believe it.
Unfortunately, this book burning has been given World Wide publicity by the media.
Burn any book you want, but the media participation in this is fueling the fire and are just as culpable as the idiot burners, if any American is hurt or killed.
When blood is shed on foreign soil, as it may likely be, the Media Vultures will be there, and with sombre faces, wonder why.

bigmack
09-09-2010, 02:59 AM
You sound knowledgeable - How did Allah feel about planes being flown into buildings?

Tom
09-09-2010, 07:37 AM

Compare this act to some of the acts of violence against women in the name of the Koran and get back to me.

ArlJim78
09-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm not worried about it, because I'm sure after it happens that moderate Muslims around the world will speak out forcefully and demand that there be no violent retaliations, and will respect this mans right to perform an act that they find offensive. Any calls for violence acts of retaliation will surely be drowned out by the overwhelming percentage of peaceloving, bridgebuilding, tolerant followers of Islam.

cj's dad
09-09-2010, 08:16 AM
#1-So a group of people

#2 - alleged supporters and followers of christ

#3- are going to perform a pure act of hate and burn korans

#4 - wanna bet jesus would be opposed?

Note: numbered for response

#1 - 50-60 wackos --- big deal

#2 - this is a cult - they adhere to very strange beliefs are are aligned with the church group ( name ?) that protests at soldiers funerals.

#3 - hate ? - they are exercising their 1st amendment rights much like flag, draft card, book, and bra burning. No one has to agree with their form of expression, but you do have to tolerate it, like it or not. Organize a counter protest if it bothers you that much.

#4 - I'm laying 3/5 He doesn't care. I think He doesn't have a TV.

Greyfox
09-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm not worried about it, because I'm sure after it happens that moderate Muslims around the world will speak out forcefully and demand that there be no violent retaliations, and will respect this mans right to perform an act that they find offensive. Any calls for violence acts of retaliation will surely be drowned out by the overwhelming percentage of peaceloving, bridgebuilding, tolerant followers of Islam.

Surely you jest. When have Muslims of any cloth ever spoken out against the terrorist extremists among them?

GaryG
09-09-2010, 10:40 AM
So a group of people, alleged supporters and followers of christ are going to perform a pure act of hate and burn korans......wanna bet jesus would be opposed?Jesus was not exactly in favor or worshipping false idols.

cj's dad
09-09-2010, 11:06 AM
As Deputy Barney Fife would say:

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_quran_burning_obama) is exhorting a Florida minister to "listen to those better angels" and call off his plan to engage in a Quran-burning protest this weekend.

Obama (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_quran_burning_obama) told ABC's "Good Morning America" in an interview aired Thursday that he hopes the Rev. Terry Jones of Florida listens to the pleas of people who have asked him to call off the plan. The president called it a "stunt."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_quran_burning_obama

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2010, 11:10 AM
It amazes me that first Gen. Petraeus and now the Prez of the US is commenting on this...

Can you believe, with all the trouble the US is facing economically, the Prez takes time out of his day to address this preacher directly? The guy is planning to light a book on fire, and the Prez feels the need to give this guy the time of day....

Somebody pinch me...

Overlay
09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Surely you jest. When have Muslims of any cloth ever spoken out against the terrorist extremists among them?

I think you misinterpreted what appears to me to have been intended as sarcasm.

Overlay
09-09-2010, 11:22 AM
As Deputy Barney Fife would say:

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

I understand that it also outrages Muslims when someone confuses Barney Fife with Gomer Pyle. ;)

Greyfox
09-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I think you misinterpreted what appears to me to have been intended as sarcasm.

That's why I asked re: "Surely you jest."
I recognized it could be sarcasm.
I also wanted to emphasize how Moderate Muslims have been cowered by the extremists among them.

boxcar
09-09-2010, 12:00 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I almost lost my coffee that I'm sipping. The believers in this religion of Pieces calling for pace?

Btw, not surprisingly the president who once remarked about his "Muslim faith" called on this preacher to rethink his book burning stunt. All of a sudden he's concerned about the safety of U.S. troops, which would be amusing if all the restrictions he has placed on the rules of engagement in Afghanistan weren't so sad. Funny how in that situation he isn't so concerned about the troops' safety. :bang: :bang:

Likewise, he has zero concern for the survivors of the victims of ground zero. He has in essence given the green light to his Muslim brethren to pour salt into the emotional wounds of all the friends and relatives of those lost at that site. He has sent a clear message to his brethren that they should not tolerate emotional hurt and pain in others caused by Muslims, but instead exploit it to the max.

Boxcar

JustRalph
09-09-2010, 12:10 PM
I understand that it also outrages Muslims when someone confuses Barney Fife with Gomer Pyle. ;)

Hootie hoo! :D ;) :lol:

ArlJim78
09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
this just in from AP-Obama,

Quran burning flap a distraction from Obama agenda (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_go_pr_wh/quran_burning_obama)
WASHINGTON – First came the outrage over plans for a mosque near ground zero. Now there's anger over a Florida church's plan to burn copies of the Quran.

Caught up in it all is President Barack Obama, who'd rather be talking about something — anything — else.

Yet there he was on TV Thursday morning, denouncing the church's plans as a "stunt" that could "greatly endanger our young men and women who are in uniform" and incite suicide bombers.

"Look, this is a recruitment bonanza for Al Qaida," Obama said in a taped interview on ABC. "You could have serious violence in places like Pakistan and Afghanistan."

Two months before the fall elections, when Obama is trying to convince Americans that Democrats are squarely focused on the economy, the last thing he needs is another heated flap about Muslims, churning up lingering doubts about Obama's religious sympathies and his resolve against terrorism. Slow to weigh in last month on the New York mosque question, Obama's team moved quickly this week to speak out forcefully against plans by a small Florida church to torch copies of the Muslim holy book on Saturday, the ninth anniversary of the 9/11

oh this poor man, yet another distraction from his agenda.
my question is, who told him to weigh in? he didn't have to say anything and how come he weighed in on the wisdom of buring the Koran and doesn't give a rip if the man has the right to do it, but on the wisdom of building the victory mosque at ground zero he remains silent and only commented on the right of those to do so?

It's always the same refrain, we must not do X because it will result in violence and become a recruitment tool for al qaida. lets just get the complete list of al qaida's demands, on what they will and will not allow us to do, and then we can modify our actions accordlingly so that they won't blow up anyone.

boxcar
09-09-2010, 12:58 PM
this just in from AP-Obama,

Quran burning flap a distraction from Obama agenda (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_go_pr_wh/quran_burning_obama)

oh this poor man, yet another distraction from his agenda.
my question is, who told him to weigh in? he didn't have to say anything and how come he weighed in on the wisdom of buring the Koran and doesn't give a rip if the man has the right to do it, but on the wisdom of building the victory mosque at ground zero he remains silent and only commented on the right of those to do so?

It's always the same refrain, we must not do X because it will result in violence and become a recruitment tool for al qaida. lets just get the complete list of al qaida's demands, on what they will and will not allow us to do, and then we can modify our actions accordlingly so that they won't blow up anyone.

Once again, the president's own words condemn him. And even more -- what he doesn't say, as you have correctly pointed out. Beyond any doubt, all his sympathies lie with his Muslim brethren and none for Americans. He was extremely quick on the draw to defend the religious rights of the Muslims to build that mosque anywhere they want. Conversely, he did not defend this pastor's constitutionally-protected right of free speech, as will be expressed through the Koran torching -- if this nut goes through with his plan. We could not have a clearer example of a liberal's hypocrisy when it comes to rights under the law of the land. Liberals love constitutional rights whenever it advances their own political agenda. Yet, those same rights are either discounted or even dismissed when it advances the political agenda of the political opposition.

Boxcar

Steve 'StatMan'
09-09-2010, 01:08 PM
This just in...the reverend has agreed to not burn his copy of the Quran - he's agreed to give it 40 lashes instead.

Robert Goren
09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
What amazing me is how many conservative who are supposedly so pro military are being so quiet about this putting our soldiers more at risk in Islamic countries. I guess their hatred of Muslims outweighs the safety concerns of our troops. I will give Palin credit, she at least questioned the wisdom of it even if was kind of in an around the bush kind of way.

Show Me the Wire
09-09-2010, 01:31 PM
What amazing me is how many conservative who are supposedly so pro military are being so quiet about this putting our soldiers more at risk in Islamic countries. I guess their hatred of Muslims outweighs the safety concerns of our troops. I will give Palin credit, she at least questioned the wisdom of it even if was kind of in an around the bush kind of way.

Our soldiers are at risk when they are placed on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan. Exercising a "right" in America does not put soldiers at risk, especially when the soldiers take a vow to protect those rights.

How about when we drop bombs on the enemy doesn't that put our soldiers at risk for retaliation?

How clueless can you get?

If Obama wants our soldiers out of harms way, then Obama should order the physiical removal from Afghanistan and Iraq. Bring our soldiers home to this depressed economy and out of harms way in Afghan and Iraq.

Mike at A+
09-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Maybe we don't believe that it will create any "new" risk. Do you think for one minute that there would be fewer beheadings, car bombings, IED's, vest bombs, kidnappings, hijackings, stonings, honor killings and other things that go "boom" had this idiot "preacher" not made the mainstream news?

But to clarify things, THIS conservative is not in favor of what he's doing. I'm also not in favor of anyone burning our flag or protesting at a military funeral because they think God hates "fags". There are much bigger fish to fry than to do these stupid things OR to worry about who is doing them. The media made this mountain out of a molehill.

DJofSD
09-09-2010, 01:51 PM
All the reverend needs to do is go into any empty room, put the book on the floor, urinate on it and call it art. The liberals will praise it as insightful expression and praise his artistic abilities.

46zilzal
09-09-2010, 02:00 PM
How about when we drop bombs on the enemy doesn't that put our soldiers at risk for retaliation?
Wow dropping bombs on an agrarian culture on par with the twelfth century...Kind of akin to the scourge of GRENADA is it not?

Mike at A+
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
All the reverend needs to do is go into any empty room, put the book on the floor, urinate on it and call it art. The liberals will praise it as insightful expression and praise his artistic abilities.
Good point. They REVELED in that "art exhibit" of the crucifix in a jar of urine and elephant dung on a picture of Mary, the mother of Jesus. And I don't recall any Christians setting off bombs in retaliation or putting out a contract on the "artist".

GameTheory
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
While this reverend seems to be a wacko, why shouldn't we be able to burn the Koran, or publish a cartoon of Mohammad? The point is valid. I think every newspaper in the country should publish such a cartoon on the same day since obviously each individual one is too afraid. Why should we be terrified of exercising free speech in this one particular area, especially since no one would blink an eye if he was burning bibles. This doesn't have to be about hate, it is about free speech in our own country.

bigmack
09-09-2010, 02:33 PM
What amazing me is how many conservative who are supposedly so pro military are being so quiet about this putting our soldiers more at risk in Islamic countries.
At least give credit to those who put opinions in your head.

Howie Dean appearing on Olbermann. There's some 'expert' opinion. :rolleyes:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/4974771080_f5b45437d7.jpg

TJDave
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Today, I wanted to send pastor Jones a message of solidarity...To stand strong against those who would wish to restrict his freedoms. But, alas, it appears that his website has been shut down.

I'm sure it's all just an innocent mistake. :rolleyes:

Tom
09-09-2010, 03:39 PM
FBI visited the pastor today.
WHERE THE HELL IS THE ACLU ON THIS - HE HAS EVERY DAMN RIGHT TO BURN HIS OWN BOOKS.

I, for one, now SUPPORT his doing it, and I encourage him to cook frigging bacon on the fire. Mulsims can all go to hell if they don't like it. Go suck a rug.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-09-2010, 04:44 PM
This just in....the reverand has agreed to tear out and release the first 100 pages as a good will gesture respecting the end of Ramadan.

bigmack
09-09-2010, 04:53 PM
WHERE THE HELL IS THE ACLU ON THIS - HE HAS EVERY DAMN RIGHT TO BURN HIS OWN BOOKS.
Get a load of this:
Web hosting company Rackspace has taken down two websites run by Terry Jones, the Florida pastor staging a massive Koran-burning this weekend, CNN reports.

Jones has protested, calling the move "an indirect attack on our freedom of speech.

I smell a lawsuit. ACLU taking the case is laughable.

slewis
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM

I, for one, now SUPPORT his doing it, and I encourage him to cook frigging bacon on the fire. Mulsims can all go to hell if they don't like it. Go suck a rug.

Sorry Tommy,

The barbecue is off.... Of course, if you'd like to pick up where the Rev. woosied out, I'm all for it.

Heck, I'll even bring the Halal burgers!:lol:

TJDave
09-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Pastor Jones makes a deal with the devil.

Mosque in NYC gets moved...Pastor doesn't burn Qurans.

Damn...I was so looking forward to Saturday. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Our soldiers are at risk when they are placed on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan. Exercising a "right" in America does not put soldiers at risk, especially when the soldiers take a vow to protect those rights.

If Obama wants our soldiers out of harms way, then Obama should order the physiical removal from Afghanistan and Iraq. Bring our soldiers home to this depressed economy and out of harms way in Afghan and Iraq.Bravo. Finally, some logic.

andymays
09-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Fla. minister cancels burning of Qurans on 9/11 - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

ArlJim78
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
this is unreal. Here we have one somewhat kooky pastor in Gainesville Florida, who seemingly has the fate of the world in his hands, just because he is threatening a book. For that he has the following people pleading with him not to do it, the president, the vice president, the attorney general, the top military general, top Us and world religious leaders, other heads of state, all top political persons, and on and on. all of them talking about all hell breaking loose if this one man strikes a match and sets some paper on fire.

what in the world is going on here? are we living in such tenuous times where all out war and mahem will break loose due to such an innocuous act?

a man holding a Koran soaked in gasoline and a blowtorch could pretty much demand anything he wanted and would get it. forget about bombs and hostages, threaten to harm a Koran if you really want to bring the world to its knees.

is it just fire that is the problem? there are any number of ways one could desecrate a book. are they all verboten?

TJDave
09-09-2010, 05:32 PM
a man holding a Koran soaked in gasoline and a blowtorch could pretty much demand anything he wanted and would get it. forget about bombs and hostages, threaten to harm a Koran if you really want to bring the world to its knees.

Now we know how to convince Iran to give up its nuclear program. :lol:

JustRalph
09-09-2010, 06:35 PM

Amazing how the Libs went full bore screaming at the Top of their lungs that the Mosque at Ground Zero was a Constitutional right. But this guy who is going to burn a book using his Freedom of Speech is a Wingnut? Funny how that works.

I don't agree with some half ass preacher getting all this attention, but if it was ignored by the press.......what the hell.

If Obama wants our soldiers out of harms way, then Obama should order the physiical removal from Afghanistan and Iraq. Bring our soldiers home to this depressed economy and out of harms way in Afghan and Iraq.

Good post. I respect the General......but the Terrorists and Taliban will kill our guys at any opportunity. They don't need a reason like a Koran burning. I trust our Troops to handle whatever happens.

cj's dad
09-09-2010, 06:41 PM
This roller coaster of a country has started down the first slope; it is not coming up again unless this President is removed from office. 6 more years of this guy and it's over.

Greyfox
09-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Fla. minister cancels burning of Qurans on 9/11 - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

The story is still unfolding.

1. The Pastor has cancelled the book burning because he's been told the Imam in New York is willing to move the mosque. He is going to New York to meet with the Imam.

2. Donald Trump has offered to buy the site where the mosque is planned adding 25% above the original price. Apparently others have offered even higher amounts.

3. The developer of the site has said that there are no plans to move the mosque all news reports are FALSE.

slewis
09-09-2010, 06:46 PM
How come I dont remember any Muslims crying out when the Taliban blew up all Hindu religious shrines early in the decade?

I guess the question for all Muslims in the USA is:

Is it possible that many in your faith cry foul when it suits Islam?

Is it okay to hide behind your first amendmant rights when it suits, but cry outrage when it does not?

Quite the hypocracy.

JustRalph
09-09-2010, 06:56 PM
How come I dont remember any Muslims crying out when the Taliban blew up all Hindu religious shrines early in the decade?

Is it okay to hide behind your first amendmant rights when it suits, but cry outrage when it does not?

Quite the hypocracy.

you are an interesting poster............that fact that I sometimes agree with you is starting to scare me........... :lol:

TheFlagIsUp
09-09-2010, 09:11 PM
You sound knowledgeable - How did Allah feel about planes being flown into buildings?

I don't know. But I am quite confident that Jesus was not a supporter of hate...and buring religious texts is an act of hate. You do understand this right?

TheFlagIsUp
09-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Compare this act to some of the acts of violence against women in the name of the Koran and get back to me.

Those acts are bad.....what's your point. maybe go watch beck and hannity and get back to me when they give you your answer.

JustRalph
09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Those acts are bad.....what's your point. maybe go watch beck and hannity and get back to me when they give you your answer.

Swing and a foul

TheFlagIsUp
09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Nothing quite as american and christian as book burning. what's even more impressive is how few of the leaders on the right are willing to speak out against it. Very telling.

Mike at A+
09-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Nothing quite as american and christian as book burning. what's even more impressive is how few of the leaders on the right are willing to speak out against it. Very telling.
Why should anyone speak out against something the media has fabricated into news when it is anything but news? This is one insignificant clown doing something to get his 15 minutes of fame. What's even more hilarious is the NAACP demanding that the Tea Party condemn racism. O'Reilly had the leader of the Congressional Black Caucus on tonight and he was whining about a tee shirt that he couldn't even say what it said or who was wearing it. The Tea Party already issued a statement condemning racism in April. Does this Black Caucus leader expect a new statement every time he sees a tee shirt he doesn't like? At the same time, the NAACP invited "reverand" Wright to their pow wow and he ranted that the government created the AIDS virus to kill blacks. Meanwhile I've seen signs at leftist rallies that were actually calling for the assassination of George W. Bush. This double standard crap has to stop. We're talking about freakin grownups acting like little brats and they all seem to be on the left including people like Howard Dean who is nothing but a white version of Al Sharpton.

nijinski
09-09-2010, 10:04 PM

Quite the hypocracy.

Again ,don't carry your Bible , wear your Cross or Star of David in numorous Muslim countries,it's just not tolerated.

Very little press given to the Christian Volunteers who gave free Medical help to the Muslims in Afghanistan and then were executed .
Frankly , I'm tired of our nation walking on eggshells .

Tom
09-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't know. But I am quite confident that Jesus was not a supporter of hate...and buring religious texts is an act of hate. You do understand this right?

Not if do not consider islam a religion. I do not.

Tom
09-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Go suck a rug.

Tom
09-09-2010, 10:25 PM

You have missed the point.....duh.
When you OWN the books, it is not at all like what you try to fraudulently portray it as here. Nice try, Troll.

boxcar
09-09-2010, 11:47 PM

I almost missed these little gems of yours. Brace yourself, buddy, 'cause I'm going to let you have all three barrels. (Yeah I have a custom made triple barrel for special head cases like you.)

The only thing you got right is your "very telling"! What is very telling is that you have tripped over yourself in a contradiction. And what is also very telling is is your utter hypocrisy. And as if these weren't enough, what is very telling, again, is your confusion. Let's take these in order.

In your first quote you say that Jesus would be against book burnings because it's done out of hate. So you're really saying that book burning is very unChristlike -- very antiChrist, very anti-Christian. But then in the second quote you tell us book burning is a very "christian" thing to do. It's as "christian" to burn books as it is American, right? So, which is it, Einstein? Is book burning the Christian thing to do or is book burning unChristlike?

Then, why would you care what Jesus would think about book burnings? What else about this Jesus do you care about? Do you follow his commandments, for example? Do you make a conscious and concerted effort every day to keep the his two greatest commandments upon which the entire Law of God is based? Do you go out and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with lost and dying people at every opportunity? No? Then, hypocrite, why do you care now what Jesus Christ thinks about anything!? And what makes you think you know enough about God's word to make any kind of judgment about Jesus? You really think you know him? Then did you know that it is written about his Father that Jacob he loved, but Esau he hated (Rom 9:13)? Since this is the case, then maybe God also hates all things that are anti-Christ, including religious books which find their ground in the doctrines of the pit of hell!

Finally, why even bring Christ or Christianity into this discussion since we live in a secular, diverse society -- where separation of church and state is the "battle hymn" of every godless liberal? Have you forgotten this? Have you forgotten that America, according to you liberals, isn't defined by Judeo-Christian values? Instead, it's defined by its "diversity", by its godless human secularism, by its huge melting pot of human beings from all different cultures and societies and nations. The "values" of secular humanism are what makes this country so great, right? And these are truly your values, too, aren't they? You really want nothing to do with Christian values -- except, of course, when you think those values support your godless world view. Isn't that right?

Mr. Flag, be advised that whether you know it or not, your colors -- "the stars and stripes" are flying upside down. This means you're in great distress, but you're too self-deceived to realize it. But be of good cheer, for I have your number.

Boxcar

highnote
09-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Burning the Koran in public will make a lot of people angry, but it in the U.S.A. it is his right -- just like burning an American flag or even Beatle records.

If his intent is to make people angry I'm sure he could find other ways to do it.

Why doesn't he just burn the Koran in private if he feels that strongly about it?

boxcar
09-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Why doesn't he just burn the Koran in private if he feels that strongly about it?

Because he wants to make a public statement?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Nothing quite as american and christian as book burning. what's even more impressive is how few of the leaders on the right are willing to speak out against it. Very telling.The "right" has learned from the "left" that you are supposed to tolerate burning things some hold sacred.

Like the U.S. Flag.

The "right" has learned from the "left" that you are supposed to tolerate the desecration of religious symbols and items. You know, like the time that guy put a crucifix in a glass of urine and called it art...actual name of this "artistic" photograph is Piss Christ. 1987...it won a freakin' award for goodness sakes which was FUNDED by the NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEDERAL FREAKIN' FUNDING!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

We go from THAT, 23 years ago, to a point in time TODAY where the DAMN PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES was/is about to get on the PHONE and ask some "preacher" in Florida to not BURN A FREAKIN' BOOK....

On the one hand, an award is given (an award sponsored by FEDERAL FUNDS) to a picture of a crucifix floating in the "artist's" own urine...on the other hand, we're all shitting bricks and trying to get the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to stop the burning of a BOOK....

And this has nothing to do with anything except leaders on the right speaking out against the burning of a BOOK....yeah....you're not a troll.... :lol:

I won't even get into the Chris Ofili Virgin Mary depicted with pornographic images and elephant shit that was displayed in the Brooklyn Museum of Art...

But let's all stop the world because some dude in Florida might burn a book...wow have a lot of you gone nuts.

HUSKER55
09-10-2010, 06:28 AM
ON cnn last night the muslims threatened violence if there mosque isn't built and they don't care what we think.

if you think this isn't the enemy building a fort on american soil guess again.

they want you dead. they want to kill christians

it was on tv

believe what you will but there is going to be a huge body count.

just watch

there is no god, the muslims have said so

they were going to stone a woman to death for adultery but not the man.

I think they changed their minds and they decided to horse whip her.

do you get the drift? it is on the tv.

when this church gets built what do you think is going to happen?

if you think nothing then you are a fool. Donald trump offered them a 25% profit and they would rather cause trouble.

AMERICANS WERE KILLED BY MUSLIMS AND THEY DON'T CARE HAVE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THOSE FAMILY MEMBERS. THEY HAVE SAID SO PUBLICLY.

Robert Goren
09-10-2010, 06:34 AM
To put aside the wisdom of burning the Koran for a moment, what we are now learning is to so called "repectable moderate" Isamic are not above lying when the purpose suits them. It really does call into question if there is such a thing as a moderate Islamic leader here.

Tom
09-10-2010, 07:41 AM
To put aside the wisdom of burning the Koran for a moment, what we are now learning is to so called "repectable moderate" Isamic are not above lying when the purpose suits them. It really does call into question if there is such a thing as a moderate Islamic leader here.

That was never a question to me.

highnote
09-10-2010, 08:25 AM
I have not watched TV in a few weeks -- except about 2 plays of the Minn/N.O. football game last night. I have been getting my news through Paceadvantage Off Topic. (always a dangerous thing LOL)

Judging by what I'm reading here, it sounds like a civil war is going to break out in this country. Maybe that is what is needed? Once the war has been decided the slate can be wiped clean and we can start all over again.

Robert Goren
09-10-2010, 09:03 AM
No Civil War, but a big change in the control of congress in congress this fall is coming. It is the American way.

ArlJim78
09-10-2010, 09:24 AM
whatever happens here with this story, it illustrates in a microcosm the larger worldwide conflict we have with Islam. It always boils down to those in the west must tolerate and conform to their demands, or else a bloody violence will ensue.

This is a bubble that must burst, it will burst. This is going to come to a head at some point. I believe a large part of the reason why the Islamic apologists in this country were so beside themselves that this burning not take place, is because they know just how violent and deadly the worldwide response would be, and that it would not be possible to describe the response as merely some disgruntled fanatics.

Tom
09-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Calling it "radical islam" is like calling it "wet water."

I draw no distinctions.

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 09:54 AM
My direct experience with Muslims is limited to women in nursing. They are like anyone else other than the head cloth. Hard working conscientious women.

Judging hundreds of thousands, by the actions of a few is much akin to my crazy relatives did in the deep South to the black population, the way the Turks viewed the Armenians, the way the Tutsi were viewed by the Hutu, the way the Serbs started looking at one another, the Nazis and the Jews, The Romans and Carthaginians and EXACTLY like Frank Gorshin on the Star Trek episode Let that be Your Last Battlefield.

TrifectaMike
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Taking my Bible and Cross and the first plane to Saudi Arabia to pray for world peace.

Anyone care to join me? How about you '46? I'll pay your way.

Mike

horses4courses
09-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Taking my Bible and Cross and the first plane to Saudi Arabia to pray for world peace.

Mike

Don't waste your time and finances, Mike.

Religion has been a major source of unrest throughout the world since time began. That won't change in our lifetime, or much sooner after that.......

boxcar
09-10-2010, 10:51 AM
whatever happens here with this story, it illustrates in a microcosm the larger worldwide conflict we have with Islam. It always boils down to those in the west must tolerate and conform to their demands, or else a bloody violence will ensue.

This is a bubble that must burst, it will burst. This is going to come to a head at some point. I believe a large part of the reason why the Islamic apologists in this country were so beside themselves that this burning not take place, is because they know just how violent and deadly the worldwide response would be, and that it would not be possible to describe the response as merely some disgruntled fanatics.

Except for 46er. He would continue to insist that there are only a relatively few Muslim radicals. He has dug the dark pit of Denial so deep for himself, he will never escape it.

Boxcar

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Mikeoutside of Europe, South America and Australia, you can have the rest of the world

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 11:17 AM
My direct experience with Muslims is limited to women in nursing. They are like anyone else other than the head cloth. Hard working conscientious women.

46Zil Were they allowed to nurse male patients?
I have never seen a female Muslim nurse in any of our very large local hospitals that employ hundreds of nursing staff.
I don't think they are allowed to in the middle east.
(I've seen female Muslim Dental assistants tend to men. They were as you say hard working and conscientious.)

ArlJim78
09-10-2010, 11:27 AM
this pastor was visted by the FBI, twice, and the secretary of defense personally called him. doesn't this degree of intimidation seem a little over the top to anyone else? look at the response that our federal government has mobilized. if only they were so passionate about our borders. they have little issue with people streaming in to the country illegally, they refuse to protect the border, and when caught the current mo is to just release them unconditionally. but one citizen daring to make a politically incorrect symbolic statement, and it becomes the focal point of our domestic agenda. people actually breaking laws - no concern, people breaking no laws - gravely concerned.

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 11:33 AM
46Zil Were they allowed to nurse male patients?

of course they were or they would not have been employed

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 11:35 AM
http://blogs.indystar.com/varvelblog/09102010.jpg

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 11:55 AM
of course they were or they would not have been employed

There are Women's Hospitals you know.

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Judging by what I'm reading here, it sounds like a civil war is going to break out in this country. Maybe that is what is needed? Once the war has been decided the slate can be wiped clean and we can start all over again.Civil War? WTF?

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2010, 11:58 AM
this pastor was visted by the FBI, twice, and the secretary of defense personally called him. doesn't this degree of intimidation seem a little over the top to anyone else? look at the response that our federal government has mobilized. if only they were so passionate about our borders. they have little issue with people streaming in to the country illegally, they refuse to protect the border, and when caught the current mo is to just release them unconditionally. but one citizen daring to make a politically incorrect symbolic statement, and it becomes the focal point of our domestic agenda. people actually breaking laws - no concern, people breaking no laws - gravely concerned.Piss Christ....gets an award supported by FEDERAL FUNDS.

Burning a book...Prez on the hotline to try and stop it... :bang:

johnhannibalsmith
09-10-2010, 12:08 PM
... the Nazis and the Jews, The Romans and Carthaginians and EXACTLY like Frank Gorshin...

I never, ever saw Frank Gorshin coming in that sentence. That's like fine art.

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Just three years ago this headline appeared:

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html

North American's essentially yawned.

Today they are going bananas in Afghanistan

Thousands Protest Qu'ran Burning in Afghan North
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6891AM20100910

Ironic?

boxcar
09-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Just three years ago this headline appeared:

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285123/christians_in_gaza_fear_for_their_lives.html

North American's essentially yawned.

Today they are going bananas in Afghanistan

Thousands Protest Qu'ran Burning in Afghan North
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6891AM20100910

Ironic?

So much for 46ers "a few" theory. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
09-10-2010, 01:07 PM
If our president had a set of balls and wasn't a muslim, he would take this opportunity to once again address the islamic world and ask why they are so unsure of their religion? Why ars they afraid of someone protesting it? Is their god not man enough to take criticism? Is their god a weak, sniveling god? Does their god need protection?

Mike at A+
09-10-2010, 01:14 PM
If our president had a set of balls ...
The only balls he knows are basketballs and golf balls.

highnote
09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Judging by what I'm reading here, it sounds like a civil war is going to break out in this country. Maybe that is what is needed? Once the war has been decided the slate can be wiped clean and we can start all over again.

Civil War? WTF?

Here are some quotes from this thread that give me the feeling that there is an undercurrent of hostility beginning. I should have used the sarcasm emoticon because I was being a mostly sarcastic, but not entirely:

post #46: Meanwhile I've seen signs at leftist rallies that were actually calling for the assassination of George W. Bush.

post #51: I almost missed these little gems of yours. Brace yourself, buddy, 'cause I'm going to let you have all three barrels. (Yeah I have a custom made triple barrel for special head cases like you.)

post #55: ON cnn last night the muslims threatened violence if there mosque isn't built and they don't care what we think.
they want you dead.
they want to kill christians
it was on tv
just watch

post #60: whatever happens here with this story, it illustrates in a microcosm the larger worldwide conflict we have with Islam. It always boils down to those in the west must tolerate and conform to their demands, or else a bloody violence will ensue.

Mike at A+
09-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Not sure what the point of mentioning post #46 (mine) was but if you have any doubt as to the truth of it, you can view the actual signs at this link:

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Promote the boogeyman and keep everyone angry and frightened...What crap

Black Ruby
09-10-2010, 02:21 PM
If our president had a set of balls and wasn't a muslim, he would take this opportunity to once again address the islamic world and ask why they are so unsure of their religion? Why ars they afraid of someone protesting it? Is their god not man enough to take criticism? Is their god a weak, sniveling god? Does their god need protection?

yeah, they need the Muslim equivalent of Boxcar!

TJDave
09-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Under certain circumstances Islam considers it not only acceptable but a religious duty to lie to infidels. Fundamentalist Muslims consider its practice as normal as drinking tea.

I s**t you not. :rolleyes:

boxcar
09-10-2010, 02:38 PM

When was the last time you pulled your head out to see the light of day and breathe some fresh air? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
09-10-2010, 02:43 PM
yeah, they need the Muslim equivalent of Boxcar!

The Muslim world should be so blessed to have the Boxcars of this world. We're at least very secure in our faith and worship God in spirit and truth. Muslims might make the same claim, but their actions betray them for the liars they are.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Here are some quotes from this thread that give me the feeling that there is an undercurrent of hostility beginning. I should have used the sarcasm emoticon because I was being a mostly sarcastic, but not entirely:

post #46: Meanwhile I've seen signs at leftist rallies that were actually calling for the assassination of George W. Bush.

post #51: I almost missed these little gems of yours. Brace yourself, buddy, 'cause I'm going to let you have all three barrels. (Yeah I have a custom made triple barrel for special head cases like you.)

post #55: ON cnn last night the muslims threatened violence if there mosque isn't built and they don't care what we think.
they want you dead.
it was on tv
just watch

post #60: whatever happens here with this story, it illustrates in a microcosm the larger worldwide conflict we have with Islam. It always boils down to those in the west must tolerate and conform to their demands, or else a bloody violence will ensue.

This is a bubble that must burst, it will burst. This is going to come to a head at some point. I believe a large part of the reason why the Islamic apologists in this country were so beside themselves that this burning not take place, is because they know just how violent and deadly the worldwide response would be, and that it would not be possible to describe the response as merely some disgruntled fanatics.Civil war implies war amongst people of the same nation or region...how do you get that in this case?

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 02:46 PM
The Muslim world should be so blessed to have the Boxcars of this world. We're at least very secure in our faith and worship God in spirit and truth. Muslims might make the same claim, but their actions betray them for the liars they are.

Boxcar
The other side probably says the same thing except their guru may be called Aziz....What a crock....

In WWI the dehumanizing element called Germans HUNS, in WWII the same ignorant idiots degraded the Japanese as bucked tooth....Nothing has changed: ignorance continues with malarkey like this

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2010, 02:47 PM
The other side probably says the same thing except their guru may be called Aziz....What a crock....

In WWI the dehumanizing element called Germans HUNS, in WWII the same ignorant idiots degraded the Japanese as bucked tooth....Nothing has changed: ignorance continues with malarkey like thisAre you claiming it is better to be naïve like yourself?

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Are you claiming it is better to be naïve like yourself?
Figure out what is going on and understand it......Some clowns with bombs come into a country, topple a government and destroy the landscape and you can't figure out why THEY are pissed?

PERSPECTIVE: something lost in the microcosm of never looking outside your back yard

boxcar
09-10-2010, 02:53 PM
PERSPECTIVE: something lost in the microcosm of never looking outside your back yard

If only you could see this far...

Boxcar

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 03:00 PM

In WWI the dehumanizing element called Germans HUNS, in WWII the same ignorant idiots degraded the Japanese as bucked tooth....Nothing has changed: ignorance continues with malarkey like this

Your father wasn't Lord Haw Haw was he? If so, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.

ArlJim78
09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Figure out what is going on and understand it......Some clowns with bombs come into a country, topple a government and destroy the landscape and you can't figure out why THEY are pissed?

You will never have anything approaching perspective as long as you continue to view the United States as the jingoistic villian of the world, the source of all conflicts.

your explanation above is hopelessly juvenile and myopic, and simply doesn't stand up to even the mildest amount of scrutiny.

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Your father wasn't Lord Haw Haw was he? If so, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.
who is that?

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
You will never have anything approaching perspective as long as you continue to view the United States as the jingoistic villian of the world, the source of all conflicts.

Much akin to the time when the British Govt wanted to change the world to an extension of them, name another nation that has troops occupying multiple nations around the world and walks with a big chip on its shoulder all the time?

Epic battles for nothing but the military to get off on in places like Vietnam, Cambodia, GRENADA is of course the dumbest along with the "phantom" war (still looking for those terrible WMD's) in Iraq that cost billions and thousands of un-necessary casualties for NOTHING except to thump their collective chests and prance around....What goons

AND they never learned a thing from the way the Soviet's bankrupted themselves pouring billions into their military

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 03:09 PM
who is that?

Oh, my Gawd....someone you've never heard of.
But you have heard of "google."

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh, my Gawd....someone you've never heard of.
But you have heard of "google."
don't care frankly

Tom
09-10-2010, 03:20 PM
The only balls he knows are basketballs and golf balls.

.....and his staff - GOOFballs! :lol:

Tom
09-10-2010, 03:21 PM

Yes, I agree. It is high time Obama stopped doing this by villanizing segments of society against each other.

Tom
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM

Crazy Canuck! :rolleyes:

Tom
09-10-2010, 03:25 PM

You mean like 9-11?
You mean like Kuwait?

Listen dilly dally, they started it.
No matter how that violates your dream world.

slewis
09-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Much akin to the time when the British Govt wanted to change the world to an extension of them, name another nation that has troops occupying multiple nations around the world and walks with a big chip on its shoulder all the time?

Epic battles for nothing but the military to get off on in places like Vietnam, Cambodia, GRENADA is of course the dumbest along with the "phantom" war (still looking for those terrible WMD's) in Iraq that cost billions and thousands of un-necessary casualties for NOTHING except to thump their collective chests and prance around....What goons

Hey Zil,

Although I agree with some if not most of your points regarding the gross mis-use of our military by Commanders-in-chiefs who have low IQ's... I'll suggest you back off the comments like "chest thumping" and the like.

Maybe you should listen to what your own Don Cherry said during an interview on Hockey Night in Canada (where the fans in Montreal were booing the USa national anthem):

"Hey, if God forbid WE (Canadians)ever have a real problem (like the Russians, and I ain't talkin about Tretiak) who are we gonna depend on, the Royal Mounted Police"?

So even though it doesn't cost any of your citizens a dime in taxes, you can sleep tight tonight that we have a big eye over North America keeping you lot safe and cozy.

horses4courses
09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh my goodness!!!!

What happens when (and we ALL know this day is coming) the aliens invade???

Can't we all get along - Buddhists, Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. - and together fight those out to conquer us?

We will all have to stand united when that day comes.......... :p

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe you should listen to what your own Don Cherry said during an interview on Hockey Night in Canada (where the fans in Montreal were booing the USa national anthem):

Don Cherry is a bellicose idiot with an IQ on par with my tomato plants. Those tight necked shirts and all the head trauma account for most of his malarkey

Of course the Quebecois boo, they boo at anything they regard as Anglican

bigmack
09-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Always entertaining to watch 46 ridicule others for making boogie-men out of others while he makes boogie-men out of others. Of course his boogie-man continues to be U.S. You know, as a disenfranchised resident he's resentful.

If crumbs like him had any say in anything in the last 100 years we'd be shopping @ AdolfMart.

slewis
09-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Don Cherry is a bellicose idiot with an IQ on par with my tomato plants. Those tight necked shirts and all the head trauma account for most of his malarkey

LOL....very true.... but he has, in the rare case I posted, a very valid point.

Unless you feel differently about the motherlands ability to ward off an invasion of a super-power (or other).

The way things are going in the world, I wouldn't take anything for granted over the next 20 years, or more.

highnote
09-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Not sure what the point of mentioning post #46 (mine) was but if you have any doubt as to the truth of it, you can view the actual signs at this link:

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

If a group of people are angry enough to want to assissinate the president that seems like a sign that there is civil unrest. By itself, maybe not enough to bring on civil war, but added together with thousands of others then the likelyhood seems to be increasing.

highnote
09-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Civil war implies war amongst people of the same nation or region...how do you get that in this case?

Post #55, especially.

Aren't United States citizens both Christian and Muslim?

skate
09-10-2010, 04:16 PM

:lol: , hey you caught me on that one too.

Mike at A+
09-10-2010, 04:19 PM
If a group of people are angry enough to want to assissinate the president that seems like a sign that there is civil unrest. By itself, maybe not enough to bring on civil war, but added together with thousands of others then the likelyhood seems to be increasing.
Actually the leftists carrying the signs in the link I posted don't have the balls to pick a fight with anyone, let alone assassinate. They are simply interested in instigating and causing trouble in the form of holding up traffic and getting their degenerate message on the 6 o'clock news. Look what we can get away with. These are not people who contribute anything constructive to society in any way. Sure they claim peace and love when it suits their cause but when it comes to someone that's "cool" to hate they will encourage violence. We've all known these people in our lives be it in college or in the neighborhood. They usually come to their senses when the dope wears off at which time they conclude their lives are going in the wrong direction and soon they'll be at the point of no return. Others go to their graves as lifetime losers with no accomplishments other than causing trouble and putting their immaturity and stupidity on display for all to see.

boxcar
09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Post #55, especially.

Aren't United States citizens both Christian and Muslim?

That would be up the Muslim citizens. If they're going to pledge their allegiance to Allah first, then a very small percentage of U.S. citizens would die for their faith.

Boxcar

46zilzal
09-10-2010, 04:29 PM
yes they are ALL BLOOD Thirsty GOONS, or then maybe not.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/09/10/ramadan.roadtrip.folo/index.html?hpt=C1

skate
09-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Not sure where to go on this matter of "book Burn".

Although, maybe we should just go ahead and burn em, get this thing over and done.

It's the idea that we (christen peps) aresuppose to submit to "the K book", the book that TAKES free speech and at the same time, they are obligated to retaliate , with death, when they desire.

Oh, you know what i'm sayin, if we look at Both sides of the issue, Bible or "K" book, then we must ask them to leave.

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Post #55, especially.

Aren't United States citizens both Christian and Muslim?Yes, but where do you even get a whiff of Christian vs. Muslim civil war in the US? I just don't see where you are getting that idea from...

JustRalph
09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Yes, but where do you even get a whiff of Christian vs. Muslim civil war in the US? I just don't see where you are getting that idea from...

am I going to have to buy a better rifle ? Come on.....they are expensive as hell........

Pace Cap'n
09-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Piss Christ....gets an award supported by FEDERAL FUNDS.

Burning a book...Prez on the hotline to try and stop it... :bang:

The tail is waggin' the dog these days.

highnote
09-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Yes, but where do you even get a whiff of Christian vs. Muslim civil war in the US? I just don't see where you are getting that idea from...

As I said in a previous post, I should have used the sarcasm emoticon.

However, I was not being completely sarcastic. Sometimes I get the impression that there is hostility towards "all" Muslims in the U.S. in some of the posts. I grew up with a Muslim family in Ohio back in the 70s and we were good friends and had a great time. They're as American as I am. I didn't even know they were Muslim until after 9/11. For all I know, they aren't. I do know they left their predominantly Muslim home country to live in the U.S.

But I digress.

You asked where I got the idea from. I'll post it one more time. You can have the final word and then let's move on.

If Muslims in the U.S. start using violence what do you think "might" happen? Is this a police matter or a military matter or would civilians take up arms? Maybe it would just be a riot and that would be the end of it?

they want you dead.
it was on tv

If this part of post#55 comes true then wouldn't this be Muslims in the U.S. killing non-Muslims in the U.S. on U.S. soil?

"Huge body count" -- that is vague -- tens of bodies would be a lot to me. What would constitute a war -- thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands? If "huge body count" is hundreds of thousands then that could probably be called a civil war.

I don't have any other evidence supporting my statement except the earlier post I made in this thread and some of the other threads in the off topic area, but I don't have the time and energy to go searching all of them. If I see any in the future I will try to find this thread and post them or I will post them in a new thread.

That is all.

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2010, 08:26 PM
The Muslims and violence you speak of referred to areas OUTSIDE of the US, correct?

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Sometimes I get the impression that there is hostility towards "all" Muslims in the U.S. in some of the posts. I grew up with a Muslim family in Ohio back in the 70s and we were good friends and had a great time. They're as American as I am.

Fortunately, the vast majority of Muslims in America are not fundamental extremists and practice their faith in peace. In WWII not all Germans were Nazi's either, but that extremist fascist party gained power one way or another. Hence, many Germans of more peaceful dispositions had to fall in and goose step or suffer the consequences.

America has to continue trying to have that vast majority of peaceful Muslims assist in identifying extremists among them who would do harm here.
Undoubtedly some of them assist the FBI and others identify the "crackpots."
That is why it is important to homeland security to not catalyze conditions that will galvanize home grown terrorists on these shores.

However, one complaint against the Muslim community as a whole is their absence of "social comment" in speaking out against "issues" that the majority of non-Muslim Americans feel strongly about.
They seem to be "cowed" by more radical types.
The Mosque in New York near ground zero is one of those issues.

Some Muslims have spoken out against placing it there.
(It's two blocks away from ground zero, but the media has also fanned the flames on this issue. Most people think that it's being built right there.)
However, there has not been a groundswell of support against it from that community.

For example, why wouldn't someone like Muhammed Ali consider standing up and leading a Muslim march protesting the Mosque?
That's a pipe dream and it ain't gonna happen.
What irritates most Americans is the relative silence from the vast majority of Muslims who could be standing up for a rational solution.
Being annoyed that they won't stand up is not hostility, it is frustration.

highnote
09-10-2010, 08:43 PM
The Muslims and violence you speak of referred to areas OUTSIDE of the US, correct?

I don't know whether that is correct or not. I'm only going on what I read in post #55. He said it was on TV. Now, if you want to take the time to fact check post #55 feel free to do so. I'm only giving an opinion based on what I read, so I could easily be pursuaded when presented with a different set of "facts". :)

Post #55 said Muslims threatened violence if the mosque isn't built and that this is a fort of the enemy on American soil.

By tying those two sentences together in the same post it gave me the impression that the poster suggested there will be violence on American soil.

Maybe that was not his intent, but that was my impression. Add that to the other posts I quoted and all of a sudden I start to see a pattern of civil unrest emerging. I'm not saying it will lead to civil war. I'm saying it could lead to civil war.

Tom
09-11-2010, 12:18 AM
By tying those two sentences together in the same post it gave me the impression that the poster suggested there will be violence on American soil.

There already has been.
9 years ago today.
Never forget that, and never forget who.

highnote
09-11-2010, 01:34 AM
There already has been.
9 years ago today.
Never forget that, and never forget who.

That's a good point. I don't know if that is what post #55 was referring to. It's not what I had in mind with my civil war post. I was thinking more along the lines of citizens of the U.S. fighting with each other on a large scale.

9/11 was more about foreign actors attacking the U.S. than about U.S. citizens attacking their own country.

Still, you do make a good point.

nijinski
09-11-2010, 08:35 PM
As a female and a mother of two daughters , I have to say I have my
suspiscions regarding Islam , Mohammed and the Koran.

I cannot get past it as an ideology , more than a religion.

I am disappointed that the President constantly feels the need to protect
the feelings and sentiments of those who follow it.

I'm very upset with the city I used to call my home for displaying lights last
night atop the Empire State building to mark the last days of Ramadan , on
the eve of 9/11 .

A huge deal is made when a man wants to burn a Koran , but no big deal for
those carrying signs saying "Death to America" .

I don't care who has a problem with my rants and venting.
While we can I think we need to excercise our right to do so.

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 09:13 PM

the eve of 9/11 .

So all the predator drones and bombs and suspects we have detained, none of that seems like a response to bad people? What world or reality are you living in?

nijinski
09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
So all the predator drones and bombs and suspects we have detained, none of that seems like a response to bad people? What world or reality are you living in?

Interesting you chose a name with "flag" in it.

boxcar
09-11-2010, 10:05 PM

Yeah...but you know what an upside down flag on a flagpole means, right?

Boxcar

Steve 'StatMan'
09-11-2010, 10:07 PM

Seems to be a warning flag. At least to me.

cj's dad
09-11-2010, 10:14 PM

the eve of 9/11 .

I think I just fell in love !!!

Steve 'StatMan'
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Guess anytime someone has a axe to grind, sparks will fly. And a loud annoying whining grinding sounds happen.