PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Futurity Today

redshift1
09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
This race should provide some potential starters for the BC Juvenile. Interesting to see how today's performers fare against the eastern contingent in November and if polytrack trained horses improve when making the transition to dirt.

Right now I think the east coast freshman are better than the west coast but maybe somebody steps up at today at Del Mar.

joanied
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
This race should provide some potential starters for the BC Juvenile. Interesting to see how today's performers fare against the eastern contingent in November and if polytrack trained horses improve when making the transition to dirt.

Right now I think the east coast freshman are better than the west coast but maybe somebody steps up at today at Del Mar.

This race really doesn't turn me on...but at least it has some horses running in it, not like the 4 that showed up for the Hopeful...
Baffert having nothing in this race is a shocker...and takes some of the shine off it, IMO...but, what the hell...
I'm going with the favorite, JP's Gusto...I'd like for P Val to win another stakes, and have a live one in the Bc Juvy...then I'll just take Indian Winter & Jaycito.

Skanoochies
09-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Ran like a trooper Joanied. :ThmbUp:

Some_One
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Great ride by PVal, I've seen Joel or Joe gun for the lead in 7f races this meet and come up empty in the final 100 meters.

46zilzal
09-08-2010, 08:55 PM
MUCH the best and made it look easy

joanied
09-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Ran like a trooper Joanied. :ThmbUp:

:jump: P. Val has the Gusto:ThmbUp: Yippeeeee:jump:

break was kinda rough...I could see that Gusto didn't really want to relax, Patrick had a pretty snug hold for a while, then the colt finally did relax, which is a good sign...and I am soooooo happy that P. Val has been doing so well...if this doesn't keep him clean now, nothin' will...colt stays sound, he's got a nice Derby mount next Spring.
I was very impressed with the run Jaycito made...that horse was really making up ground..wow!!
Didn't get the complete order of finish, but me thinks Indian Winter got the show spot...I almost had it one, two, three:faint:

redshift1
09-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Nice time for Gusto 123.4 compared to LAL 123.3 last year. Both Successful Appeal (Gusto) and Officer (Boys At Tosconova) are not known as distance producers yet their offspring should go off as the favorites for BC Juvenile.

Interesting to see what Gusto's beyer is.