PDA

View Full Version : Terms Given for Santa Anita surface Waiver

rwwupl
09-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Huh?...More bureaucratic hypocricy.When you foul things up in California, it gives you the right to set rules to others on how to fix your mistakes.

The words"absolutely sure that the surface we change to is better than what we currently have" makes you wonder what they were doing when they mandated the synthetics?

No kidding?

Why not just recind the mandate?

Why does "Little League" come to mind?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/58770/terms-given-for-santa-anita-surface-waiver

Excerpt:

The CHRB has given Santa Anita “requirements and guidelines for the granting of a waiver,” according to a release. Management has asked the track to appoint a project manager; develop a construction management plan and timeline; and schedule meetings with regulators and horsemen for review of the design and materials.

The waiver, necessary after the CHRB several years ago mandated synthetic surfaces at all major tracks in the state, will be considered Sept. 23. The CHRB said it must be “absolutely sure that the surface we change to is better than what we currently have.”

andymays
09-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Huh?...More bureaucratic hypocricy.When you foul things up in California, it gives you the right to set rules to others on how to fix your mistakes.

The words"absolutely sure that the surface we change to is better than what we currently have" makes you wonder what they were doing when they mandated the synthetics?

No kidding?

Why does "Little League" come to mind?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/58770/terms-given-for-santa-anita-surface-waiver

Excerpt:

I saw this yesterday. The CHRB is a joke on so many levels I don't know where to begin. Stronach ought to ban them from the grounds.

I wonder if Horseplayers can apply for a takeout waiver? Hint Hint. ;) Maybe our next coordinated email blasts should be about this. ;)

The_Knight_Sky
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Stronach ought to ban them from the grounds.

He's trying to get the state out from ruining his business.
And can you blame him?

The waiver, necessary after the CHRB several years ago mandated synthetic surfaces at all major tracks in the state, will be considered Sept. 23. The CHRB said it must be “absolutely sure that the surface we change to is better than what we currently have.”

I hope the SAX construction workers http://i53.tinypic.com/n1tit0.gif
won't be shooting the breeze for the next 15 days. Time is of the essence!

BlueShoe
09-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Could we be looking at 10 straight months at Hollypark? With all the diddling around and indecision what if the new track is not ready by December 26? Now that Oaktree is set for Inglewood we will have 3 months at HOL. Then just stay there for the regular SA meet if the new track is not ready or has problems, then the regular HOL meet until the end of July? On another thread the guys were having a bit of fun over what to abbreviate Oaktree at Hollywood as. Okay, what would we call SA at HOL? The pp's in the Form could be a bit confusing. Oaktree at Hollywood, then HOL fall meet, then SA at HOL, then HOL spring-summer meet, then who knows? :D

Bruddah
09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
He's trying to get the state out from ruining his business.And can you blame him?

I hope the SAX construction workers http://i53.tinypic.com/n1tit0.gif
won't be shooting the breeze for the next 15 days. Time is of the essence!

Especially since Frank S. does such a great job of ruining his own business. He don't need no stinkin' help!

Tom
09-08-2010, 09:50 PM
The CHRB said it must be “absolutely sure that the surface we change to is better than what we currently have.”

Wouldn't the parking lot qualify? :rolleyes:

Charlie D
09-08-2010, 10:00 PM
absolutely sure that the surface we change to is better than what we currently have.”

:confused: by this.

How can you know a surface is better without another one being installed and used for a decent period of time???

edit to add

Why not just recind the mandate?

That would probably mean your admitting you messed up in the first place Roger :)

bks
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Imagine if Hollywood had closed on schedule.

beertapper
09-09-2010, 12:05 AM
impossible demand.. you can only prove / disprove it after you run on the surface.. (many hundreds of times too)

The_Knight_Sky
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
[b]

That would probably mean your admitting you messed up in the first place Roger :)

Not only that....

Should the new dirt surface is proven to be a satisfactory replacement...

Guess who will take the credit for the move?