PDA

View Full Version : Obama will be a no show

cj's dad
09-08-2010, 09:06 AM
At this years ceremony in new York commemorating the 9/11 attack on the USA. He will attend however the ceremony at the Pentagon.

More:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/09/obama_to_skip_911_ground_zero.html

Robert Goren
09-08-2010, 09:33 AM
We tend to forget they got hit, too. 9 years ago and not a lot has changed. As a side note, where when you when you heard the news?

cj's dad
09-08-2010, 09:45 AM
We tend to forget they got hit, too. 9 years ago and not a lot has changed. As a side note, where when you when you heard the news?

Working from a scissors lift about 15 feet up on a conveyor motor.

Four tragic events in my life I wll always remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard the news

9/11- see above
JFK - 10th Grade Geometry class
Robert Kennedy - woke up to it in the AM as this happened about 2 AM EST.
MLK - Watching TV when the news bulletin came on - around 6 PM or so.

jballscalls
09-08-2010, 10:21 AM
slept through 9/11. was up playing cards all night and woke up at noon.

Robert Goren
09-08-2010, 10:29 AM
9/11 on a co-worker's radio My boss and I went across the street to the cornhusker hotel to watch it on TV. I saw the towers come down as it happened.
JFK high school English class
RFK watching the coverage of the his CA primary victory at home from college
MLK someone at work told me. I was running a small town bar at the time.
9/11 was hardest because no one knew what was happening at the time and being in management at the time I still had a business to run. The company I worked for at the time lost 17 employees at ground zero.

Dave Schwartz
09-08-2010, 11:15 AM
When 9/11 occurred I was sleeping. Beth came in and shook me awake and said, "I think the White House is on fire."

We didn't realize how prophetic those words would become.

JFK - I was in 7th grade science class, in the school cafeteria. The teacher gave the news.

RK - I was sleeping. Got the news when I woke up.

MLK - I honestly don't remember. I know I was attending school in Ireland at the time so it did not have the same media attention as it did here.

riskman
09-08-2010, 11:47 AM
At this years ceremony in new York commemorating the 9/11 attack on the USA. He will attend however the ceremony at the Pentagon.

More:

Obama did not attend 9/11 ceremonies at WTC in 2009 either. Biden was the senior leader government official in 2009 as well will be in 2010. Finally, major progress is being made on the construction of the Freedom Tower. (36 floors out of 102 complete)The 9/11 memorial is nearly complete (twin waterfalls) Two more office towers will also be constructed on the east side of Church Street.

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2010, 12:08 PM
My mom called me and told me to turn on the TV...a plane had just crashed into the WTC...I was at home and I believe I was sleeping when she called...

PhantomOnTour
09-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Is it possible to attend both ceremonies or are they at the same time? If possible, he should attend both...it's the right thing to do.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-08-2010, 12:16 PM
9/11-Handicapping cards for work. Just barely caught the news when catching a glipse at news on the browser's home page, right before my co-worker came in to do what it turns out was unnessary print layout work - racing was canceleld each day for the next 2 days but eventually resumed on the third day.

JFK-4 years old and at home. My crying mother asked me and my 2 year old brother to pray really hard for the president, because he'd been hurt very bad.

RFK-don't remember.

MLK-was about 9 years old, parents were out that evening, my grandmother was watching us kids. I didn't know who he was at the time, but knew he had to be someone very important when they announced it on the news.

mostpost
09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
JFK-I was in college at Southern Illinois University. I had been in the library, then headed over to student services to get a ticket to some event. When I got there everyone was huddled around the radio. When I asked what was going on they said, "The President's been shot."
When I returned to my dorm room, the local rock and roll station had a newcaster talking about the shooting and confirming that the President was dead. When he finished hie report, they started to play a song. The DJ snapped, "Turn that damn thing off." But I have always thought the song itself was very appropriate to the moment. It was "The Lion Sleeps Tonight."

MLK-don't really recall

RFK-Woke up. Turned on the radio. Heard the news.

9/11-It was on the TV in the break room when I arrived at work. I always have the radio on in the car, but for some reason that morning I did not. I watched as the second plane hit the second tower and thought it was a replay until I realized the first tower was already in flames.

TrifectaMike
09-08-2010, 12:59 PM
I had just made a cup of coffee, when my wife called me to inform that a small aircraft had accidently struck one of the WTC towers. That is what she was told by security at WTC.

She had an office at the WTC, and as usual she was running late. As a matter of habit she stops at St Paul's Chapel to pray before going to the office. St Pauls' Chapel is located at Fulton and Broadway (a stones throw from the towers).

I immediately turned on the TV. It was apparent to me that it was a not small pleasure craft that hit the tower. I called her back to tell her to leave the area immediately. During our phone conversation I saw the second plane as well as hearing the impact over the phone.

As she and a friend made their way back to Broadway they could see some individuals jumping from the towers. We agreed that she should leave the downtown area and head toward the Village away from any large structures.

A friend of ours met her at Washington Square Park. She later told me that her feet were really hurting. It was only then had she realized she was shoeless and her feet were cut badly.

We lost many friends at the WTC on 9/11. Not only those that worked at the towers, but also Fireman and Police Officers, including two family members.

During her trek up Broadway toward Houston St. many stores were giving away bottled water to any and all. However, what still pisses her off is how many middle eastern shop owners and peddlers were selling water for $10
$15 a bottle.

She has yet to return to WTC site, and says she never will.

Mike

Canadian
09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Was staying with my sister in Halifax for the week so I could drop off resumes. I was a news junkie anyway so I had CNN on.... I think I was watching live when they cut over.... but I may have been printing off a cover letter in another room... but I was watching live well before the plane hit.

I remember not knowing it was that big of a deal... I watched tansfixed for about 15 min... and decided to go out and drop off my first resume...... I remember walking downtown and eveyone was just looking at eachother.... like they weren't sure if the world was ending...... I went back inside and watched the news for 2 weeks straight.... at about 10 or 11..... it was on almost every single channel... music... sports.... almost everything.

For those who want to watch what TV was like that day.... try this.

all day coverage from every channel.

http://www.archive.org/details/sept_11_tv_archive

TJDave
09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
We were awoken by our neighbors and went to their house to watch the coverage.

When the first tower went down I exclaimed, "WOW, THAT'S INCREDIBLE!"... Immediately realizing the stupidity and insensitivity of my comments. To this day, I constantly relive that moment with sorrow and shame.

A few nights ago, I watched a 3 part documentary of the event. Two things really got to me:

A reporter describing the sound of bodies of jumpers hitting the ground and then later, amid the silence and devastation, the chirping of first responder beacons.

Heartwrenching.

Greyfox
09-08-2010, 03:21 PM

It's no surprise to me that he's not going to New York. I'm surprised that he's even going to the Pentagon for a ceremony.

By the way, have they ever totally concluded that a 757 hit the Pentagon?
Who were the passengers?

fUIvIz1ufIs

Tom
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
9-11, we were in a meeting in the conference room, when one of the secretaries ran and said a plane just hit the WTC. When I got to the office that morning, I joked the it was 911, and we were in for a bad day. 30 minutes later, we were.
JFK - Mr. Cullen's American History class, 7th period, sitting behind Joey Bell, who was wearing a read and white stripped sweater. That moment is still as clear as a bell.

RFK - heard when I got to school that morning - they had a TV set up in the assembly room and we sat there all day, skipping classes to watch.

Mlk - no idea

JustRalph
09-08-2010, 04:41 PM
During her trek up Broadway toward Houston St. many stores were giving away bottled water to any and all. However, what still pisses her off is how many middle eastern shop owners and peddlers were selling water for $10
$15 a bottle.

Please tell me this isn't true ? Really? I have never heard this before......... :bang:

wisconsin
09-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I was working 3rd shift as night manager at the local grocery store. Was an off day, so slept about 4 hours only. Went to the computer to log on to Phonebet (at the time) and will never forget the message on a white screen.

"Due to the horrific events taking place in America right now, racing and wagering has been canceled."

I had no idea what this meant, because what in the world could stop racing? Nothing could prepare me for what I saw on the news seconds later.

TrifectaMike
09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Please tell me this isn't true ? Really? I have never heard this before......... :bang:

Yes, it is true. I'm sure many things occurred that day that have never been reported. There is a chain of stores of which many have gone out of business. The chain is National Wholesale Liguidators. It's a chain owned and operated by Muslims. When the towers collapsed, their employees were dancing and celebrating outside the store. The police had to be called in to keep the locals from killing them.

There is much that happened, which has never been reported.

Mike

Canadian
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
It's no surprise to me that he's not going to New York. I'm surprised that he's even going to the Pentagon for a ceremony.

By the way, have they ever totally concluded that a 757 hit the Pentagon?
Who were the passengers?

fUIvIz1ufIs

ummmmm...... yeahhhhh.... most of us don't live in lala land... so we figured it out pretty quick.

JustRalph
09-08-2010, 10:53 PM
ummmmm...... yeahhhhh.... most of us don't live in lala land... so we figured it out pretty quick.

I thought this shit would end some day........amazing it is still brought up

newtothegame
09-08-2010, 11:02 PM
9/11 sleeping on the couch when wife called frantically screaming about what was transpiring. Woke up...turned t.v on and didnt move from that spot for the remainder of the day (except for restroom breaks).

RK MLK and JFK ...Born in 68 so not alot of these have "personal" memories...only from what I have seen or read.

Greyfox
09-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I thought this thread was about Obama not going to New York this year, not where you guys were on that fateful day.
Frankly, I don't care where you guys were on that day as long as you weren't in the building. We all were somewhere. We all remember it vividly.

To tell us about where you were obfuscates the question:
"Why is Obama missing this event again?"

I do care that this the second year in a row he's skipped it.

newtothegame
09-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Actually Fox....I almost have to agree with some libs here ...It doesnt matter here he would be at, he wouldnt be right in this instance. If he goes to NY, the pentagon people cry....goes to Washington, NY people cry. I am not so concerned about which he attends versus his policies and his tearing apart of this country.

Greyfox
09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Actually Fox....I almost have to agree with some libs here ...It doesnt matter here he would be at, he wouldnt be right in this instance. If he goes to NY, the pentagon people cry....goes to Washington, NY people cry. I am not so concerned about which he attends versus his policies and his tearing apart of this country.

I hear you and understand what you are saying. Of course the economy falling into the toilet subtracts from America.
However, symbolically he is thumbing his nose for the second year in a row at the New York ceremony. The Pentagon assault was important for sure. But the vast majority of Americans associate the Twin Towers fall with 9-11. He is deliberately trying to give "second fiddle status" to their importance and the Muslim assault on it.
For whatever reason, only he knows.

newtothegame
09-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I hear you and understand what you are saying. Of course the economy falling into the toilet subtracts from America.
However, symbolically he is thumbing his nose for the second year in a row at the New York ceremony. The Pentagon assault was important for sure. But the vast majority of Americans associate the Twin Towers fall with 9-11. He is deliberately trying to give "second fiddle status" to their importance and the Muslim assault on it.

Agree fox....but its NOT only this incident...thats my point. He has thumbed his nose at America since taking office...this is just one more incident in a long line.

Greyfox
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Agree fox....but its NOT only this incident...thats my point. He has thumbed his nose at America since taking office...this is just one more incident in a long line.

We agree. :ThmbUp:

TJDave
09-09-2010, 12:46 AM
I thought this thread was about Obama not going to New York this year, not where you guys were on that fateful day.
Frankly, I don't care where you guys were on that day as long as you weren't in the building. We all were somewhere. We all remember it vividly.

How many of these memorial events did President Bush attend?

I remember him being there shortly after the attack and again one year later. Anything after that?

Greyfox
09-09-2010, 01:01 AM

I remember him being there shortly after the attack and again one year later. Anything after that?

Good question. I haven't got a clue.
But whoever is advising Obama, two years in a row, not to acknowledge the ceremony is an idiot.
I thought Bush was a very poor President until I saw Obama.

TheFlagIsUp
09-09-2010, 01:08 AM

More:

he's a muslim you know

Greyfox
09-09-2010, 01:33 AM
he's a muslim you know

Well he may very well be Muslim.
But maybe not.
He claims to be a Christian.
Nevertheless, with the cloud around what he is or what he isn't,
his absence of reporting for duty in New York is questionable.
If he indeed is a Muslim, then the absence becomes more understandable.
If he isn't indeed a Muslim, then the absence in New York does nothing to diminish the suspicions about him and his advisers should have told him to be there.
For sure, it would be a wiser political move for him to attend NY than the Pentagon. The fact that he isn't raises questions as to why such an obvious choice is being dismissed.

(If in fact, he has given up the Muslim faith, he is an Infidel. Depending upon what verse of the Qu'ran (Koran) is to be followed, his role as Commander in Chief, makes him a focussed target for "True Believers" of that faith.)

skate
09-09-2010, 07:33 PM
one of his first acts as Pres., he sends back to England the Bust of Churchhill.

no way he can dodge that action without saying that he " has nothing but discord for the USA".

his obfuscatory jargon, meant to conceal the facts, proves he is now cinematic sewage.

well, i do hope this is 'on target'.

TheFlagIsUp
09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
he's a kenyan muslim in fact....I have proof of both

JustRalph
09-09-2010, 09:25 PM
he's a kenyan muslim in fact....I have proof of both

It's official, you're a troll

TheFlagIsUp
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
It's official, you're a troll

negative......I thought this was a well established fact. it isn't?

Tom
09-09-2010, 10:13 PM

As an American, I do not want this POS invading ceremonies like this. He is as phony as a dirt bag as ever there was.....his presence would only cheapen a sincere event. GD Barack Obama...go suck a rug.

Did you listen to his Cairo speech? It is pretty evident what his reason is.
GD Barack Obama.

Tom
09-09-2010, 10:16 PM

He was there when it counted - while the rubble was still smoking.

boxcar
09-09-2010, 10:19 PM

Why not go to both? It's not as though they're at the opposite ends of the planet.

Boxcar

Tom
09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Why not go to both? It's not as though they're at the opposite ends of the planet.

Boxcar

Now, now, you know how Barry hates to be away from is office, and how he is concerned about the expense to American taxpayers travel causes.

cj's dad
09-09-2010, 11:38 PM

Boxcar

Yep- he had the stupid f'ing dog flown upnorth because his girls missed him:(:( the dog that is, yet he can't attend 2 ceromonies 250 miles apart ??

Mike at A+
09-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Maybe he should just go golfing. That's what he'd rather do anyway.

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Maybe he should just go golfing. That's what he'd rather do anyway.

Who wouldn't?

NJ Stinks
09-10-2010, 12:29 PM
This thread reminds me of a bunch of old ladies complaining about their worthless husbands.

"He wouldn't even cut the grass and edge on the same day", Hilda moaned. :sleeping:

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 12:35 PM
This thread reminds me of a bunch of old ladies complaining about their worthless husbands.

"He wouldn't even cut the grass and edge on the same day", Hilda moaned. :sleeping:

"Mine is different. 'e smoke's grass and 'edges bets , 'e does." replied Eliza.

(Go back to your knitting NJ.)

Tom
09-10-2010, 12:58 PM

You and mostie need to get out more.

joanied
09-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Nine years...and still as fresh in my mind as the day it happened. Being a New Yorker, the yearly memorial is important to me, and as I think back to watching those towers being built, reaching for the sky, glorious to behold...and then think back nine years, it still breaks my heart...and my sorrow for all the lives lost and the families effected by this act is still in my heart.

Why would Obama attend this memorial service...he could care less about the American people anyway...he has his agenda, and he's stickin' to it...it doesn't include respect and admiration for our military, and certainly not for the thousands of American's that lost their lives on 9/11.
Actually, I'm glad he's not attending...he'd just ruin the day...the man has no idea what compassion is...he's as cold as a dead fish.
I'll just close my eyes and see George Bush there with his sleeves rolled up, giving his love and support to all the New Yorker's and this country.

:( Never, Never Forget :(

andtheyreoff
09-10-2010, 05:01 PM

Just taking a guess here, but if Obama was going to the WTC ceremony, you all would be complaining that he was ignoring those who were killed at the Pentagon.

Mike at A+
09-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Just taking a guess here, but if Obama was going to the WTC ceremony, you all would be complaining that he was ignoring those who were killed at the Pentagon.
If he showed the same sincerity that Bush showed he wouldn't have that problem. All he cares for is his agenda.

Greyfox
09-10-2010, 05:47 PM

I hope you pick horses better than that. You are wrong.

joanied
09-10-2010, 05:49 PM

Not me!!! The Pentagon is in his 'backyard'...of course he's going to be there...he can devote much of his time going on f'n vacation, but he can't put aside ONE day to attend the memorials at Ground Zero and the PA. field where those brave American's gave up thier lives in an incredible act of bravery...
give me a break...bet he'd have the time to attend some sort of Muslim event.

Just one more reason to dislike this man...and his advisors sure missed an opportunity for him to at least pretend he cares.

Obama:ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
09-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Just taking a guess here, but if Obama was going to the WTC ceremony, you all would be complaining that he was ignoring those who were killed at the Pentagon.You really think?

JustRalph
09-10-2010, 06:39 PM
You really think?

He could hit both with a two hour plane ride.........why not?

NJ Stinks
09-10-2010, 06:59 PM

Bingo. Pay the man.

witchdoctor
09-10-2010, 07:18 PM
He could hit both with a two hour plane ride.........why not?

I know!! I Know!!!

He is trying to cut down on the use of fossil fuels to combat global warming.

What do I win?

cj's dad
09-10-2010, 10:20 PM

A really foolish statement !

And BTW - it is a 35-40 minute plane ride form the DC area to NY !!

There is no excuse for this guy to not be there - NONE !

bigmack
09-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Such insight. Such a giving man BO is, yet so misunderstood. Such a shame folk can't get off his back. Seems like no matter what he do he be wrong in the eyes of some.

They's hateful. They's ugly.

Had any other POTUS been judged like this I'd be a bit more understandin' of where they's comin' from. :rolleyes:

ZING...........

Tom
09-11-2010, 12:26 AM
He should go play golf. He has already dishonered everyone at both sites with his Cairo speech.

The turd should stay the hell away from real Americans.
Isn't this weekend "Hang Around Kenya" day?

Steve 'StatMan'
09-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I do know he can attend more than one fundraiser in a day.

jballscalls
09-11-2010, 09:56 AM
to answer the question earlier about Bush and where he was on 9/11 each year:

2002: he was at ground zero
2003: at a church in DC, Dick Cheney was in NY
2004: Bush addressed nation from oval office
2005: Bush and Cheney and wives have moment of silence on south lawn in DC
2006: Bush went to Ground zero on 9/10, addressed country from oval office on 9/11
2007: another moment of silence outside the white house
2008: attended dedication of 9/11 memorial at Pentagon

So he was in New York on 9/11 for 1 out of 7 anniversaries and there the day before once.

i'm sure their were countless threads here each year he didn't attend in NY

Steve 'StatMan'
09-11-2010, 10:01 AM
to answer the question earlier about Bush and where he was on 9/11 each year:

2002: he was at ground zero
2003: at a church in DC, Dick Cheney was in NY
2004: Bush addressed nation from oval office
2005: Bush and Cheney and wives have moment of silence on south lawn in DC
2006: Bush went to Ground zero on 9/10, addressed country from oval office on 9/11
2007: another moment of silence outside the white house
2008: attended dedication of 9/11 memorial at Pentagon

So he was in New York on 9/11 for 1 out of 7 anniversaries and there the day before once.

i'm sure their were countless threads here each year he didn't attend in NY

Do a search. There probably were! A couple of these posters may have posted it, or not. A few on the other side of the isle might very well have as as well.

jballscalls
09-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Do a search. There probably were! A couple of these posters may have posted it, or not. A few on the other side of the isle might very well have as as well.

there had to have been. I joined i think in 06, and didn't get into the offtopic til 08 really, but PA himself said Bush was attacked every minute, so i'm assuming there are threads just like this bashing him for doing basically the same thing Obama is doing.

GaryG
09-11-2010, 10:18 AM
There was never a question about Bush's patriotism. Barry Hussein apologizes for America at every opportunity. Wasn't that him holding on to his gonads when the National Anthem was playing? There are serious doubts about this one's true agenda. And, more importantly, is the mosque issue. If he went to NY today he might have to sidestep some questions that he does not want to answer.

Tom
09-11-2010, 01:08 PM
There are serious doubts about this one's true agenda.

Since when? :confused::confused:

boxcar
09-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Since when? :confused::confused:

Exactly! I have no doubts. I know exactly what makes BO tick.

Boxcar

joanied
09-11-2010, 02:43 PM
There was never a question about Bush's patriotism. Barry Hussein apologizes for America at every opportunity. Wasn't that him holding on to his gonads when the National Anthem was playing? There are serious doubts about this one's true agenda. And, more importantly, is the mosque issue. If he went to NY today he might have to sidestep some questions that he does not want to answer.

Right:ThmbUp: ...bet he'll be there IF this mosque gets built, for it's dedication:ThmbDown:
Obama has apologized for American every chance he gets...he has total disdain for our military, and if you see any photos of the Oval office...there's no Flag.

Thank goodness the construction workers in NYC are already saying they will not work on that damned mosque...let's hope the Donald can work a deal with these guys and find another location...maybe we should go build a few cathedrals in in Iraq, Iran, Afganistan...yeah, that'd work:rolleyes:

You know what I've been wondering...where has Rudy G been through all this mosque stuff...not a word that I know of...what gives with that!

Tom
09-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Ask and you shall receive....he's agin' it.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/20/Giuliani-Mosque-plans-
feed-hatred-anger/UPI-84331282310555/

joanied
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Ask and you shall receive....he's agin' it.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/20/Giuliani-Mosque-plans-
feed-hatred-anger/UPI-84331282310555/

Thanks, Tom...some good reads there...I didn't know Trump's offer was tossed...but, I didn't see anything about Rudy G...am I missing it someplace?

Tom
09-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks, Tom...some good reads there...I didn't know Trump's offer was tossed...but, I didn't see anything about Rudy G...am I missing it someplace?

The story seems to have changes since I posted it....5 minutes ago! D'oh!

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/20/Giuliani-Mosque-plans-feed-hatred-anger/UPI-84331282310555/

Mike at A+
09-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Rudy was on Fox this morning and his position is basically the same that many have expressed. He acknowledges that it's legal to build the mosque but he believes it isn't in good taste to do so. I'm pretty sure he's said this for quite some time now.

joanied
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Tom & Mike at A+....

thanks...Tom, got the story now...and Mike...thanks for your report on Rudy on Fox this morning....somehow I missed that interview.
I am happy to know that Rudy is voicing his opinion about this...I knew he'd be against it...too bad Bloomberg hasn't the balls to contest this damned thing...he's an asskissin' chicken $hit:ThmbDown:

Rookies
09-11-2010, 05:17 PM
There are many instances in life, where having the "right" to express one's opinion in a certain manner, should be overshadowed by the good judgment and responsibility to not exercise that right!

toetoe
09-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Our Vice-President orated thusly:

"We come not to mourn, but to remember and rebuild [!!!]." Well, I'm glad that rebuilding detail is now taken care of. :D .

boxcar
09-11-2010, 05:35 PM

"We come not to mourn, but to remember and rebuild [!!!]." Well, I'm glad that rebuilding detail is now taken care of. :D .

I wonder how one can truly remember and, yet, not mourn?

Boxcar

joanied
09-11-2010, 05:44 PM

Does that man ever say anything intelligent :bang: ...let's see, that means 1,000's of family & friends that lost loved ones will not mourn the day...right on Joe, right on:rolleyes:
Un-be-lievable:faint:

joanied
09-11-2010, 05:46 PM
There are many instances in life, where having the "right" to express one's opinion in a certain manner, should be overshadowed by the good judgment and responsibility to not exercise that right!

HUH :confused:

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2010, 05:56 PM
there had to have been. I joined i think in 06, and didn't get into the offtopic til 08 really, but PA himself said Bush was attacked every minute, so i'm assuming there are threads just like this bashing him for doing basically the same thing Obama is doing.yeah, i said bush was attacked every minute... :rolleyes:

Tom
09-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I wonder how one can truly remember and, yet, not mourn?

Boxcar

When you are a moron like Joe, it must be easy.

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 07:59 PM
It's truly frightening how ignorant so many here are. If any of you have children, I hope they figure out how to think for themselves.

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM
It's truly frightening how ignorant so many here are. If any of you have children, I hope they figure out how to think for themselves.First step: Buy your child a copy of Liberty and Tyranny

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 08:21 PM
It's truly frightening how ignorant so many here are. If any of you have children, I hope they figure out how to think for themselves.

Go back to Dem Underground and go check your email from MoveOn

and right after that kid of yours reads Liberty and Tyranny, buy him Everything by Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams......my true Conservative "Brothers"

TheFlagIsUp
09-11-2010, 09:16 PM
blah blah blah.......a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nohing

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2010, 09:25 PM
blah blah blah.......a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nohingYou are on fire tonight...good on ya!

The man (or woman) who just ranted about ignorance is now carrying on about a book he likely has not read. But he (or she) will likely reply that he (or she) has indeed read the book, but I will put little stock in that claim.

ArlJim78
09-11-2010, 09:28 PM
blah blah blah.......a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nohing
the college you attended owes you a refund.

NJ Stinks
09-11-2010, 09:48 PM
There was never a question about Bush's patriotism.

Good point, Gary. No doubt GWB would have won the Vietnam War single-handedly if it it was fought in Alabama, Texas, or Louisiana.

I always laugh at the Swiftboaters. Maybe John Kerry saved a guy from drowning or maybe he didn't. One thing is certain. GWB wasn't within 7,500 miles of saving that guy from drowning.

But GWB is one patriotic American. Yep, somehow in some twisted way, if you cut taxes, you are kinfolk to Nathan Hale.

Good one. :rolleyes:

cj's dad
09-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Yes, I have 3 sons and each and every one has learned to think for themselves - and guess what mor--, they know that this county is f----ed up under this POSPOTUS - next question.

BTW - ALL pay taxes and NONE is on the Gov't teet !! As I have never been !

How ' bout you ??

boxcar
09-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Good point, Gary. No doubt GWB would have won the Vietnam War single-handedly if it it was fought in Alabama, Texas, or Louisiana.

I always laugh at the Swiftboaters. Maybe John Kerry saved a guy from drowning or maybe he didn't. One thing is certain. GWB wasn't within 7,500 miles of saving that guy from drowning.

But GWB is one patriotic American. Yep, somehow in some twisted way, if you cut taxes, you are kinfolk to Nathan Hale.

Good one. :rolleyes:

Why do you marvel? Your boy Biden thinks patriotism is determined by how how taxes can be raised and sheeple's willingness to let government confiscate their money.

It has been said that a Fool and his Money are soon parted. I can readily understand, therefore, why you'd be in favor of more taxes. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
09-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Why do you marvel? Your boy Biden thinks patriotism is determined by how how taxes can be raised and sheeple's willingness to let government confiscate their money.

It has been said that a Fool and his Money are soon parted. I can readily understand, therefore, why you'd be in favor of more taxes. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Perhaps it's more patriotic in your part of the USA to fight a war and cut taxes at the same time. Or perhaps you believe in starting a war while having no intention to pay for it while you are in office. Or perhaps your perception of who the fool really is has been dimmed by you listening to that blasted radio too long.

Or perhaps you just need to believe in fairy tales.

boxcar
09-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Perhaps it's more patriotic in your part of the USA to fight a war and cut taxes at the same time. Or perhaps you believe in starting a war while having no intention to pay for it while you are in office. Or perhaps your perception of who the fool really is has been dimmed by you listening to that blasted radio too long.

Or perhaps you just need to believe in fairy tales.

The real reason why liberals want taxes raised is to expand the welfare state. Grow government. Period. No liberal has any intention of actually cutting spending, which is a the root cause of our fiscal problems. Not taxes!

And if you're so concerned about all this war spending, where is the liberal grassroots movement demanding that BO end both wars immediately? Very unpatriotic of you not demanding that our troops be brought home...NOW!

And, no, I can smell a hypocritical fool a mile away. My senses have not been dimmed. But it appears that more and more Dem politicians these days have been taken up with "fairy tales" because they're calling on your messiah to extend all the Bush tax cuts. Terribly unpatriotic of them, isn't it? (Oh, yeah...I nearly forgot: They're desperate hypocrites also looking to save their own political hides.)

Boxcar

JustRalph
09-11-2010, 11:25 PM
NJ, you haven't been yourself lately

Chris Christie Flu got you down?

I like to kid you.......but I can't understand your dedication to higher taxes?

It is amazing........

NJ Stinks
09-12-2010, 04:10 PM
NJ, you haven't been yourself lately

Chris Christie Flu got you down?

I like to kid you.......but I can't understand your dedication to higher taxes?

It is amazing........

As for not being myself lately, I've been in London for several days now and will be going to Paris next week. Maybe I'm a little more cocky not hunkered down in Jersey but 6,000 miles away from Mack's biting commentary! :p :)

Higher taxes....It's kind of like this:

When you and I were youngsters, we went to school and basically had it all. If we wanted to take wood shop, home economics, Latin, or even music appreciation - no problem. Just choose to do so. And sports? Name the sport and we had it on offer if we wanted to play. Fast forward to today. Those classes I mentioned are off the table. Unaffordable apparently. And if you want to play baseball in school today, it's gonna cost you to join the team. Because somebody has to pay for uniforms, umpires, coaches, etc. and your town's education budget just can't afford it.

How is it that our parents - in many cases with only one parent working - were able to provide us kids so much more than the kids today are offered at school?

Why is it that through the years when Social Security needed additional funding Congress just raised the maximum amount of wages subject to SS taxes with no real fuss or bother but now raising the SS threshold is suddenly taboo? What people once understood to be an evitable inflationary trend is now considered another example of outlandish entitlement spending.

I could go on but I'm on holiday! :) The question is: What happened? Why is there no longer enough money for our schools or enough money going into Social Security? Further, why is a maximum income tax rate of 39.6% (the Clinton rate Obama wants to return to) now considered an unnecessary burden on our most productive citizens when our most productive citizens prior to 1980 paid 50% or more and didn't think about forming a "Tea Party" because of it. What changed exactly?

Is it really just because of today's teachers and their outrageous salaries and benefits? Is it really just because Americans are smarter today and see more clearly now that the GWB maximum income rate of 35% is more than enough for anybody to cough up? :confused:

I pretty confident I know what changed. Anybody else want to guess first?

bigmack
09-12-2010, 04:38 PM
As for not being myself lately, I've been in London for several days now and will be going to Paris next week. Maybe I'm a little more cocky not hunkered down in Jersey but 6,000 miles away from Mack's biting commentary! :p :
Watch your back, I'm 515 miles closer than you thought. ;)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9_12_10_13_30_38.png

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/movebinocs.gif

Tom
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Is it really just because of today's teachers and their outrageous salaries and benefits?

Yes, there is that, and the fact that teachers, generally, are nowhere goods as they used to be. And the excessive spending by school districts.
Translate that to waste.

The schools have one purpose - teach our kids to read, write, do math, and history/science.

Very few of them are able to do that.

JustRalph
09-12-2010, 07:09 PM
2 items I will mention

1. Labor Contracts have increased the typical 2-3% a year and that is unsustainable. Has been for a long time.

2. Wages for most of the private sector have not kept up with inflation