PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is next ? Muslim Prayers at Council Meetings

JustRalph
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/Council-Meetings-to-Begin-with-Muslim-Prayers-102387499.html

Hartford Ct is going to start Muslim prayers prior to council meetings.......

Amazing how Libs will scream separation of church and state a thousand times a year.........unless of course the Churchiness (is that a word :lol: ) fits their narrative.........

From the link:
City Council Meetings to Begin with Muslim Prayers

The Council announced Tuesday that it has invited local imams to perform Islamic invocations at the beginning of the Council meetings in September.
Though meetings don't regularly begin with any form of prayer, an email from the Common Council called it "an act of solidarity with our Muslim brothers and sisters."
The email even referenced the ongoing issue in New York. "One of the goals of the Council is to give a voice to the many diverse peoples of the City, which is especially important given the recent anti-Islam events throughout the country."

Tom
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
This one?

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2010-08-29_3556550739210817/tv/honeymooners/hamana.wav

Show Me the Wire
09-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Just following the lead of the White House. The new "ugly" beige Oval Office rug is really a prayer rug.

TJDave
09-07-2010, 11:25 PM
No harm...No foul.

Just wondering:

If an infidel prays to God is there anyone on the receiving end? ;)

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2010, 12:36 AM
This is just plain silly. That's all.

highnote
09-08-2010, 12:48 AM
This is why there needs to be a complete separation of church and state -- no exceptions.

If every religion was allowed to say a prayer before every meeting then nothing would ever get accomplished.

If every religion was allowed to say a prayer before every school day then the kids would never learn their subjects.

You want to say a prayer do it on your own time. You want to pray at school then either do it at recess or go to a religious school.

Stop imposing a religion on me -- and I'm talking about all religions -- keep it to yourself.

Dave Schwartz
09-08-2010, 01:33 AM
John,

I'll pray for you.

:lol:

Dave

Tom
09-08-2010, 07:29 AM
I would too, John, but I can't! :D

delayjf
09-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Any word from the ACLU on this one?

cj's dad
09-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Any word from the ACLU on this one?

Excellent point :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

boxcar
09-08-2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/Council-Meetings-to-Begin-with-Muslim-Prayers-102387499.html

Hartford Ct is going to start Muslim prayers prior to council meetings.......

Amazing how Libs will scream separation of church and state a thousand times a year.........unless of course the Churchiness (is that a word :lol: ) fits their narrative.........

From the link:
City Council Meetings to Begin with Muslim Prayers

The Council announced Tuesday that it has invited local imams to perform Islamic invocations at the beginning of the Council meetings in September.
Though meetings don't regularly begin with any form of prayer, an email from the Common Council called it "an act of solidarity with our Muslim brothers and sisters."
The email even referenced the ongoing issue in New York. "One of the goals of the Council is to give a voice to the many diverse peoples of the City, which is especially important given the recent anti-Islam events throughout the country."

What's next: A statue of Mohammed on city property? Wouldn't surprise me.

The Islamatizing of this nation is happening right under our noses. Stay tuned for introductions to Sharia Law coming soon at a location near you -- and you won't hear a peep out of the left or the ACLU (oops, forgive the redundancy) about separation of church and state. Only the antichrists in this country make those kinds of noises.

Boxcar

TJDave
09-08-2010, 01:19 PM
What's next: A statue of Mohammed on city property? Wouldn't surprise me.

The Islamatizing of this nation is happening right under our noses. Stay tuned for introductions to Sharia Law coming soon at a location near you

Boxcar

Given the establishment clause of the 1st amendment, how would this happen...exactly.