PDA

View Full Version : Tiger gets Ryder Cup wildcard......

horses4courses
09-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Corey Pavin today selected Tiger Woods to be a member of this year's Ryder Cup team........

Call-girl services in the UK are breathing a sigh of relief.......... :lol:

speed
09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Corey Pavin today selected Tiger Woods to be a member of this year's Ryder Cup team........

Call-girl services in the UK are breathing a sigh of relief.......... :lol:

Local restaurants have been asked to increase the waitress selection's, i mean staff.

skate
09-08-2010, 02:11 PM
here we go, this punk aint had a winner lately and they want to kiss his butter.

Oh oh oh , i see, they think the Revenue will be higher with him along, but in reality ( which might take some time) this move will lower the idealism of the sport.

Kick him out and the sport will gain respect. Either way, he'll be gone before long.

turfnsport
09-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Kick him out and the sport will gain respect. Either way, he'll be gone before long.

If we kicked out every pro athlete that cheated on his wife, we would all be watching the WNBA and maybe the PBA.

Greyfox
09-08-2010, 03:31 PM
By whatever weird ranking system that is being used, Tiger is still given the status of # 1 player in the world. That's in spite of the fact he hasn't done much on the course in months. It would be hard to leave him off the team on that basis alone.
That Pavin would overlook the performances of Charlie Hoffman and Matt Kuchar over the past month to select the other three is a mystery and gives the Europeans a leg up.
I also think that Colin Montgomery made a huge mistake in not opting for Justin Rose and Paul Casey.
Both Captains have made questionable calls. The loser will pay for it in the press.

Tee
09-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Matt Kuchar was already in on points. Hoffman was never going to be selected based on last week alone. Input from the other players may have led to Pavin taking Fowler over Holmes for the last spot.

skate
09-08-2010, 04:38 PM
If we kicked out every pro athlete that cheated on his wife, we would all be watching the WNBA and maybe the PBA.

A... we didnt kick him out, she did.

You make yourself sound like a dirt sandwich, nothing personal, but what do you tell your boyfriend/girlfriend ?

As far as im concerned, you can start counting and I'll start Kicking, i need them like? , i doubt that.

JustRalph
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I long for the Halcyon days when Tiger was a hero and not a douchebag

Greyfox
09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Matt Kuchar was already in on points. Hoffman was never going to be selected based on last week alone. Input from the other players may have led to Pavin taking Fowler over Holmes for the last spot.

Oops. I was wrong about Kuchar.
But I'm not wrong about Hoffman. Let's look at their performances this year:

Charley Hoffman 1 win 4 top 10 finishes = $ 2,245,075

Stewart Cink 0 wins 3 top 10 finishes = $ 1,430,651

Zach Johnson 1 win 3 top 10 finishes = $ 2,508,618

Rickie Fowler 0 wins 5 top 10 finishes = $ 2,309,540

Tiger Woods 0 wins 2 top 10 finishes = $ 1,178,515

I'd say Charley Hoffman has earned his way on to that list and it was more than his performance last weekend. This guy has been hanging around all summer and finally broke through.

GaryG
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM
If we kicked out every pro athlete that cheated on his wife, we would all be watching the WNBA and maybe the PBA.I am not so sure....I'll bet there are a few in the WNBA who are cheating on their wives...:eek:

Tee
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Hoffman was 132nd in the world & 57th in the Ryder Cup points standings heading in the Deutsche Bank Championship. $1.35 million of those $2.2 in earnings came this past week. He had a great week, but wasn't having a great year. He wasn't even a blip on Corey Pavin's radar for the Ryder Cup. J.B. Holmes would have been selected before Hoffman.

Oops. I was wrong about Kuchar.
But I'm not wrong about Hoffman. Let's look at their performances this year:

Charley Hoffman 1 win 4 top 10 finishes = $ 2,245,075

Stewart Cink 0 wins 3 top 10 finishes = $ 1,430,651

Zach Johnson 1 win 3 top 10 finishes = $ 2,508,618

Rickie Fowler 0 wins 5 top 10 finishes = $ 2,309,540

Tiger Woods 0 wins 2 top 10 finishes = $ 1,178,515

I'd say Charley Hoffman has earned his way on to that list and it was more than his performance last weekend. This guy has been hanging around all summer and finally broke through.

Greyfox
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Hoffman was 132nd in the world & 57th in the Ryder Cup points standings heading in the Deutsche Bank Championship. $1.35 million of those $2.2 in earnings came this past week. He had a great week, but wasn't having a great year. He wasn't even a blip on Corey Pavin's radar for the Ryder Cup. J.B. Holmes would have been selected before Hoffman.

If so, then Holmes and Hoffman should have been chosen before Cink.
The selection date was extended to find out who was playing "hot" in the fall.
Extending the date did little.
With Tiger staying at # 1 in the World Rankings and doing very little this year, those rankings aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Tee
09-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I believe the selection process for 2010 is the same as the one used for 2008. Nothing was extended to find out who was playing "hot" in the fall.

Stewart Cink won the Open Championship last year, that holds a bit of weight compared to both Holmes & Hoffman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryder_cup
Team selections
Team USA

If so, then Holmes and Hoffman should have been chosen before Cink.
The selection date was extended to find out who was playing "hot" in the fall.
Extending the date did little.
With Tiger staying at # 1 in the World Rankings and doing very little this year, those rankings aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Greyfox
09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
I believe the selection process for 2010 is the same as the one used for 2008. Nothing was extended to find out who was playing "hot" in the fall.

Stewart Cink won the Open Championship last year, that holds a bit of weight compared to both Holmes & Hoffman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryder_cup
Team selections
Team USA

1. According to a Golf Channel panel (Nobilo et.al.) the selection date was extended for that reason. (However, it may have been extended prior to the 2008 Ryder Cup.) I never heard why Montgomery selected a week earlier.

2. Yes. Cink won the Open Championship last year. Or did Tom Watson lose it with a case of "tight collar" on the 72 nd hole? You're right that does carry weight. But the field for these playoffs has also been World Class.(Hmm? That raises the question would Watson be a pick if he had won that prestigious event?;) )

It's all academic now. I would not have picked Cink. Holmes and Hoffman certainly above him.