PDA

View Full Version : TVG VS HRTV

exiles
09-06-2010, 02:42 PM
After finally getting the DISH NETWORK where both TVG & HRTV are available
I started to watch HRTV instead of TVG what a difference no p4 or pick 6 tickets no clowns like M. CARUTHERS no chalk picker MR B no know nothing K. RUDOLPH no touting just good handicapping info.

Stillriledup
09-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I started to watch HRTV instead of TVG what a difference no p4 or pick 6 tickets no clowns like M. CARUTHERS no chalk picker MR B no know nothing K. RUDOLPH no touting just good handicapping info.

I agree. Hey, did you hear that Ken picked Giacomo in the Derby a handful of years ago?

exiles
09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree. Hey, did you hear that Ken picked Giacomo in the Derby a handful of years ago?

Sometimes I don't think he knows the tail from the head.:lol:

ldiatone
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
wait till mon. and tues when hrtv show "horse auctions" and all BUT horse races and the tracks.

Tom
09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
4 out of 3 people
have trouble with fractions

Wow, that's almost half!

Lasix67
09-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Now all you have to do is subscribe to the Racetrack network.

speed
09-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Wow, that's almost half!
Alrighty Then YOGI

ldiatone
09-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Wow, that's almost half!
don't get smart :) ohh s@#t what did i just type :blush:

thespaah
09-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I was a pretty big TVG supporter. No more. HRTV is better. Someof the on camera talent on TVG do a fine job. But there are some who are annoying and not very good handicapers at all. I also find TVG's non-use of track provided graphics( TVG's suck sideways) to be a killer as well.
The only bad part about HRTV is they do not carry NJ racing. So no Mth or Meadowlands harness.

born2ride
09-06-2010, 09:04 PM
HRTV is much better than TVG. Though I watch TVG but turn the volume off, can't stand the talking heads. Just now was channel surfing and landed on TVG and they were showing the Weinerdog Nationals from Del Mar. :faint:

TEJAS KIDD
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
HRTV is much better than TVG. Though I watch TVG but turn the volume off, can't stand the talking heads. Just now was channel surfing and landed on TVG and they were showing the Weinerdog Nationals from Del Mar. :faint:

Did Sammy Davis win? He's the Z of wiener dogs...Oops a dropped a Z bomb.

Hrtv is better to listen, but TVG's video is of much higher quality than HRTV's in my opinion

born2ride
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Did Sammy Davis win? He's the Z of wiener dogs...Oops a dropped a Z bomb.

Hrtv is better to listen, but TVG's video is of much higher quality than HRTV's in my opinion

Don't know who won, the dogs were running all over the track and bumping into each other. No DQ though!

sonnyp
09-06-2010, 10:36 PM
last time they ran the dogs was on hollywood gold cup day featuring rail trip and they drew more people at los al than hollywood.

my_nameaintearl
09-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Most of you complain a lot.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74467

This thread refutes most claims in this thread

OTM Al
09-07-2010, 08:54 AM
I would just be happy to be able to have both.

Fager Fan
09-07-2010, 10:08 AM
wait till mon. and tues when hrtv show "horse auctions" and all BUT horse races and the tracks.

Make that Sunday and Monday. Is there really any important racing you want to watch on Sunday and Monday nights at 7:00pm?

Shelby
09-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I would just be happy to be able to have both.

ME TOO!

Fager Fan
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I always preferred HRTV to TVG. TVG comes across as actively trying to sell California racing, Pick 6s, and now Betfair (have you seen how they're putting up Betfair odds now alongside our odds?). HRTV also has the more knowledgable and less irritating (though dry) commentators. TVG hires people due to their looks instead of their knowledge.

Fingal
09-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I always preferred HRTV to TVG. TVG comes across as actively trying to sell California racing, Pick 6s, and now Betfair (have you seen how they're putting up Betfair odds now alongside our odds?). HRTV also has the more knowledgeable and less irritating (though dry) commentators. TVG hires people due to their looks instead of their knowledge.

I have noticed the Betfair odds too- Part of what anyone watches or listens to has to do with how how the commentators manner of speech come across. For example, since both carry the NYRA races I was flipping back & forth for the pre race commentary of the Personal Ensign. The tone of HRTV was easier to take than the hype of TVG, but to watch the race I turned to TVG because while it's the same NYRA signal, for some reason it's better to watch on TVG. Both them have on air talent that are easy to take, some that are eh.......& some that are irritating.

If both TVG & HRTV show the Oak Tree races again, I'll be watching HRTV because-

1. HRTV shows the track feed. Period. No flipping, no angles. I guess HRTV feels that if it's good enough for the on track bettor, it's good enough for them.
2. HRTV shows & leaves up the internal fractions, while TVG
evidently doesn't believe they are important & haphazadly shows them if at all.

tubesockshakur
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
i have both thru u verse, TVG is a joke. those a holes get a good laugh out of tough beats.......i guess they dont know people wager REAL $$.

thespaah
09-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I always preferred HRTV to TVG. TVG comes across as actively trying to sell California racing, Pick 6s, and now Betfair (have you seen how they're putting up Betfair odds now alongside our odds?). HRTV also has the more knowledgable and less irritating (though dry) commentators. TVG hires people due to their looks instead of their knowledge.
Yes.. I agree wiht your assessment that TVG is most defintiely California racing biased.
Now some can refute that by stating TVG did have people at Mth for their meet. That's fine. 3 days per week. The rest of the week, TVG pumps up Cali racing as thought no other racing exists. And to watch these guys breathlessly fawning over Del Mar is almost as bad as the star gazers trying to get a view as the celebs hit the red carpet outside of the Oscars venue...Sheesh.. Take it easy guys. Bring it down an octave. It's a race meet....

ldiatone
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Make that Sunday and Monday. Is there really any important racing you want to watch on Sunday and Monday nights at 7:00pm?
to me, yes, mnr races both on sun and mon night and pha. since monday is my day off when i play.

ldiatone
09-07-2010, 08:53 PM
also do you really REALLY want to watch "how to train a Mustang"???

Fager Fan
09-07-2010, 08:57 PM
to me, yes, mnr races both on sun and mon night and pha. since monday is my day off when i play.

Sorry about Mountaineer then. I enjoy the few times they show the auctions but could watch it online just as well.

Wingtips
09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
TVG sucks O'Neill's toes.

Wickel
09-08-2010, 12:15 AM
ME TOO!

Ditto here.

WJ47
09-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I love TVG. I could never get used to HRTV. I understand that the TVG personalities annoy some people, but I'm entertained by them. I think their comments are funny. I don't bet their picks, but I do enjoy hearing their analysis.

I am always suprised when I hear how many people hate TVG. I guess I must be simple-minded. I remember the first time I watched TVG when we got Dish; I couldn't believe that I could just watch horse racing on television all day! It was amazing to me!

My only problem with TVG is their constant belly rubbing of shady trainers like O'Neill.

Bullet Plane
09-09-2010, 09:38 PM
I prefer TVG - more entertaining - the production is much better.

ON the other hand, HRTV has more Euro-racing, more special programming, and a few commentators I like such as Millie Ball, and Jeff Siegal, and Pincay is good too.

Glad I get them both. Slight nod to TVG.