PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk on 9-6

willphorse
09-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Race 2
5 Armbro Continental 8/5

2nd at this class at 2-1, keeps Condren. Draws a field of horses moving up in conditions.

Race 3
6 Cmon Blaze 7/2

Condren has this one live and kickin' since they teamed up in July. 9 of 12 this yr have been top 2. Moves up in conditions, which May help the price.

Race 7
7 Poof Shes Gone 5/2

Likes to Win. The one that COULD have beaten her has a big negative driver change. Has banked $1,000,000 in lifetime earnings, and is only a 3 yr old. Tough to play against any horse with that type of back class.

Race 9
5 This is Wyatt 6-1

Ships in, off a 2 length win. Was 6th, losing by 5 last start at Mohawk. Lost the the New Horse, and Hot Cmon Blaze. Has the ability to beat these, and good value. Just has to be ready for a big race. Was set on the sideline for a week after that Big Win. Should be rested and ready to go.

Race 10
5 Rate Exchange 4-1

Has been racing okay, but now drops in class. Banked $51,000 so far this yr. Won last time at this level, and seems to have the ability to beat these here at what should be an okay price.

Race 12
7 Winter Blues 8-1

Almost wired the field last out before a late stretch blast of horses. Driver change back to usual driver Waples. Could leave again with the lack of speed in this race. Longshot selection, as this one just seems to be on the improve.

Good Luck

willphorse
09-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Race 2
5 Armbro Continental 8/5

2nd at this class at 2-1, keeps Condren. Draws a field of horses moving up in conditions.

Race 3
6 Cmon Blaze 7/2

Condren has this one live and kickin' since they teamed up in July. 9 of 12 this yr have been top 2. Moves up in conditions, which May help the price.

Race 7
7 Poof Shes Gone 5/2

Likes to Win. The one that COULD have beaten her has a big negative driver change. Has banked $1,000,000 in lifetime earnings, and is only a 3 yr old. Tough to play against any horse with that type of back class.

Race 9
5 This is Wyatt 6-1

Ships in, off a 2 length win. Was 6th, losing by 5 last start at Mohawk. Lost the the New Horse, and Hot Cmon Blaze. Has the ability to beat these, and good value. Just has to be ready for a big race. Was set on the sideline for a week after that Big Win. Should be rested and ready to go.

Race 10
5 Rate Exchange 4-1

Has been racing okay, but now drops in class. Banked $51,000 so far this yr. Won last time at this level, and seems to have the ability to beat these here at what should be an okay price.

Race 12
7 Winter Blues 8-1

Almost wired the field last out before a late stretch blast of horses. Driver change back to usual driver Waples. Could leave again with the lack of speed in this race. Longshot selection, as this one just seems to be on the improve.

Good Luck

R2---Out
R3---Winner $3.40, $2.30
R7---Out
R9---Winner $11.20, $5.20
R10---Out
R12---Out

$24 In, $22.30 Out, Loss of $1.70

DeanT
09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I went last night. I too like Cmon Blaze. I asked about five people who they liked there and none of them liked the horse. Picked for 4th in the papers. The program picked him, but tepidly. 7-2ML. I figured we'd get 5-2 or so. Opens at 3-5 and stays there. I was scratching my head.

Same with Kopas's horse in six. I liked him, figured a good bet. 3rd choice on the ML; in no way a stand out. He opens at even and stays there. Comes third.

In the 5th, Waffles was locked and loaded last time. But he was 1 for about 30 and is a horrid bet. He has the ten post, but there he is at 6-1.

In harness there seems to be more and more live horses that are hammered than ever before. Everyone seems so smart now, and it is sharks vs sharks.

I was at Xtreme Day last week and handicapped that card. There was a 2 mile race and if you printed the PP's off lifetime, you can see that a horse there won overseas two races at that distance, had french breeding,, and had a driver who raced in these type distance races before. He was something like 8-1.

The harder a race is to handicap the more I like it, because you might find an angle if you dig. But with all races at a mile, with everyone having access to replays etc, and with the small pools, it seems betting day in and day out is much more difficult than yesterday to find worthwhile plays. Even if you find one, chances are you can not bet even $50 to win, either.

Ray2000
09-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Everyone seems so smart now, and it is sharks vs sharks.

Very perceptive Dean,

And in a game of Shark vs Shark, no shark can win.

The only alternative is to swim in pools where the sharks have traditionally avoided.. the kiddies pools at small handle tracks with high take-outs. But of course, you are limited to playing for small stakes, low wager amounts and hope to win enough to pay for the program.