PDA

View Full Version : Watching Races With an IPAD

Relwob Owner
09-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I recently bought an IPAD and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to watch races. I was disappointed to learn it doesnt support Flash, which seems to definitely limit things. I have gone through TwinSpires which has a specific way you can stream races for an IPAD. However, it isnt that good at times and the calls for the races seem to lag behind the action just a bit.....any advice would be appreciated!

JustRalph
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
make sure you are logging in here

m.twinspires.com

I don't have any problem with the video when using the mobile site. In fact I never visited a teller or a machine while at Saratoga, used Twinspires to bet the whole time.........

The IOS 4.2 update is about 8 weeks out.......still no flash but most large websites will be using html 5 which will cure many problems with the IPAD. Not sure what Twinspires is doing, but they can't be too far behind the curve.

When 4.2 comes out there will be true multi-tasking and a many other benefits that are just going to make it even better.

if you haven't seen the new NASA app yet......it's free and really really nice.

I also recommend "flipboard" and "Pulse" for news and "Motion X GPS"
Madden 2010 for IPAD is surprisingly good too......"Wikihood" and "The Weather Channel" app are nice also.

Try "Siri" Assistant for some neat stuff too.....

ok,,,,, I am done..........Ipads are shipping "next business day" from the Apple Store online now ..........fyi

Relwob Owner
09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
make sure you are logging in here

m.twinspires.com

I don't have any problem with the video when using the mobile site. In fact I never visited a teller or a machine while at Saratoga, used Twinspires to bet the whole time.........

The IOS 4.2 update is about 8 weeks out.......still no flash but most large websites will be using html 5 which will cure many problems with the IPAD. Not sure what Twinspires is doing, but they can't be too far behind the curve.

When 4.2 comes out there will be true multi-tasking and a many other benefits that are just going to make it even better.

if you haven't seen the new NASA app yet......it's free and really really nice.

I also recommend "flipboard" and "Pulse" for news and "Motion X GPS"
Madden 2010 for IPAD is surprisingly good too......"Wikihood" and "The Weather Channel" app are nice also.

Try "Siri" Assistant for some neat stuff too.....

ok,,,,, I am done..........Ipads are shipping "next business day" from the Apple Store online now ..........fyi

JR,

Awesome info. Thanks