PDA

View Full Version : Undercover Boss

atlasaxis
09-05-2010, 09:13 PM
A show on CBS is on now from 9-10 pm est about an executive (Bill Carstanjen) facing his fear of horses while working undercover at Churchill Downs.

picojim
09-05-2010, 09:24 PM
old news

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67789&highlight=undercover+boss

JustRalph
09-05-2010, 10:16 PM
That show is so full of bullshit

They renewed it for the upcoming season too :bang:

slew101
09-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Exactly. CBS used it as a filler and it did great ratings as a gimmick. Now, it's just staged baloney.

Everyone has a sob story. Now even if the workers didn't know that was an executive coming to work for ONE day, they still are going to be on their best behavior with a camera crew in their face all day. I'm sure we'll get some worker told to be rude to someone just to make it look real.

That show is so full of bullshit

They renewed it for the upcoming season too :bang:

InsideThePylons-MW
09-06-2010, 12:30 AM
The cleaning lady makes $8 an hour and has to drive an hour and a half to get to work.

Also has to walk across a dark parking lot at midnight to get to her car when she leaves.

Amazing stuff.

banacek
09-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I was watching it, but then they had him go out and try to play the parade to the post on the bugle at Arlington..the guy had never played an instrument before...that's when I turned it off. How can this be undercover when there is always a camera on him and he gets to do somthing like that without anyone asking questions...pathetic.:bang:

slew101
09-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I only watched twice (really). The 1-800 flower one, and the amusement park company one. Both times, the voiceover said the real workers were told the camera crew was there for a show on workers forced to change careers in their 50s.

[QUOTE=banacekHow can this be undercover when there is always a camera on him and he gets to do somthing like that without anyone asking questions...pathetic.:bang:[/QUOTE]

onefast99
09-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I only watched twice (really). The 1-800 flower one, and the amusement park company one. Both times, the voiceover said the real workers were told the camera crew was there for a show on workers forced to change careers in their 50s.
The show on the owner of the sporting goods company did show a rude customer service rep who I believe was terminated.