senortout
09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
5th DelMar......Twirling Candy creates huge s how pool....do what you will

Audioslavery
09-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Are they going to pull him down?

senortout
09-05-2010, 07:16 PM
and now they are looking over an alleged infraction vs the heavy fav. , and now, they left his number up....those show prices woulda been huge!

Do hope my late posting saved a few players some $$$$$

Will try harder to post early next time though.

senortout
09-05-2010, 07:18 PM
I missed getting in a quick show bet on the one who got 3rd....again all my fault....whatever happened to our bj alerts anyhow, haven't seen any in awhile.

senortout
09-05-2010, 07:20 PM
yeah they left his # up but IMHO he shoulda come down!

InsideThePylons-MW
09-05-2010, 07:22 PM
There you have it.....

He fouled the shiit out of him and caused him to alter course but since he got beat 6 lengths, a disqualification was "not appropriate"

Show Me the Wire
09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
There you have it.....

He fouled the shiit out of him and caused him to alter course but since he got beat 6 lengths, a disqualification was "not appropriate"

I would wager that excuse doesn't work in a B.C. race.

classhandicapper
09-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm practically always against DQs, but I thought this one was going to come down. Even though the winner was tons the best and the horse he interfered with finished off the board, it was such a severe interference I thought there was no way they'd let it slide. I'm glad they did though. This horse looks like he could develop into a top level horse over time. Nice to keep him unbeaten for now.

lamboguy
09-05-2010, 07:34 PM
i am a broken record, but this is another problem in the racing game. that horse should have come down. it is quite obvious to me that one of the stewards had at least $20k to show on the horse.

Saratoga_Mike
09-05-2010, 07:35 PM
i am a broken record, but this is another problem in the racing game. that horse should have come down. it is quite obvious to me that one of the stewards had at least $20k to show on the horse.

You're joking, I assume?

horses4courses
09-05-2010, 07:38 PM
it is quite obvious to me that one of the stewards had at least $20k to show on the horse.

You betcha........I booked it.
That steward and Elvis loaded up on it..........

lamboguy
09-05-2010, 08:06 PM
You're joking, I assume?that is the only reason i could possibly fathom for that horse not coming down. it was as clear a takedown as there could possibly be.

as you might remember a few years ago there was a phantom take down in muntaineer with nicoles dream. i heard the steward that took down the horse was fired the next day. he should have been given something like life in jail, just like the stewards today in california.

if you stick up a bank the feds will give you 20 years, do you mean to tell me when you rob the public it should be less than the bank stickup?

Tape Reader
09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Bet "all" to show and won thirty cents.

redshift1
09-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm glad I didn't have to make the call...... no matter what it appeared the 4 was outclassed ...... tough call

affirmedny
09-05-2010, 10:34 PM
What happened to their stupid "cost him a placing" rule? How can they possibly rule the 4 was not cost a placing?

redshift1
09-05-2010, 10:42 PM
What happened to their stupid "cost him a placing" rule? How can they possibly rule the 4 was not cost a placing?

After the incident the 4 was again attending the pace but thereafter faded badly. Had the jockey pulled him up immediately then the winner would have been DQ'ed.

affirmedny
09-06-2010, 12:34 AM
From the drf article:

Victor Espinoza, who rode Summer Movie, said he was “lucky to stay on.” He also said that Summer Movie “came back limping.”

The stewards did not speak to any of the riders before making their decision.

“I don’t know what insight they could have imparted in this case,” Chaney said

http://www.drf.com/news/twirling-candy-wins-despite-himself

bks
09-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Where is the head-on shot? It is an absolute disgrace if it's not being made available. I'd like to hear a single plausible explanation for it not being available at calracing.com while all of the other races (I checked several) have head-on shots available.

appistappis
09-06-2010, 02:43 AM
I just watched the replay at hpibet.com and they showed the head on....I guess they felt the need to hide it in cal.

lamboguy
09-06-2010, 02:59 AM
i wonder how many customers california racing just lost on that bogus move yesterday?

after the nichole's dream fiasco at the mountain the handle went from $2 million a day down to barely $1 million and the purses have taken 4 different cuts since that time. i think california will be worse because i heard plenty of boos loud and clear from the people that were in del mar yesterday.

if i had any say i would have removed the stewards from the premesis in handcuffs, not one or two of them, all of them. they just stole your money and some of you are going to forget what happened and will reward the thieves in california with your money so they can do it again and again in different ways.

Stillriledup
09-06-2010, 04:16 AM
The 'logic' that the bothered horse wasn't cost a placing was truly bizarre. I have no idea how the judges can come to that logic. If the horse was owned by Jerry Jam instead of Jenny Craig i wonder what would have happened.

:rolleyes:

InTheRiver68
09-06-2010, 11:40 AM
The 'logic' that the bothered horse wasn't cost a placing was truly bizarre. I have no idea how the judges can come to that logic. If the horse was owned by Jerry Jam instead of Jenny Craig i wonder what would have happened.

:rolleyes:
"Cost a placing" should have absolutely NO impact. The 4 was clearly interfered with, and that should be the end of the story. Even beyond that, if the stewards want to go by whether the horse was "cost a placing", then they should have recognized that that level of interference could cost the 4 valuable energy to finish the race in a better position that it was left with. That was an appallling call.

That said, I didn't bet the race. If I had bet against Twirling Candy in the show pool, I would be about an order of magnitude more irked than I am now.

- InTheRiver68