PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Race 4

speed
09-05-2010, 12:42 PM
#7 Won O Won
Lost several lengths at gate last race when getting knock sideways. Finished very willingly down stretch.
Will sit closer today. Should handle these.
Not playable to win for me but playable in gimmicks.

WinterTriangle
09-05-2010, 11:08 PM
that last race you speak of was only 1-1/16th. Todays race was 9.5F.

I am still trying to figure out why he went off as the favorite and further, why Levine entered him in a 9.5F race. I would not have put him on my ticket. Was it a trainer play or jockey play or what?

Maybe they are hoping that Majesty's Prince (the bmsire's) turf influences kick in for him. But he isn't going to get anthing from his sire, Millenium Wind, IMHO...Millenium Wind couldn't get the KY Der distance (had zero chance, a front running winner at Keenland shipping in w/a huge bsf and foot problems).

So now we have Won O Won in only the 2nd race of his entire life and he was up against a Point Given, (which is interesting since Point Given beat his sire, too. :)) More than Ready, and Cozzene runners and couldn't even get 1-1/16 in his prior race????

Anyway, just trying to learn something here, Why was he the favorite? Hope somebody comes along and clues me in. :confused:

(I also went looking at Windsor One O One's stats and they are pretty dreary, I think this is another MW offspring.)

Wonder what levine is trying to do with this one?

Dahoss9698
09-05-2010, 11:41 PM
that last race you speak of was only 1-1/16th. Todays race was 9.5F.

I am still trying to figure out why he went off as the favorite and further, why Levine entered him in a 9.5F race. I would not have put him on my ticket. Was it a trainer play or jockey play or what?

Maybe they are hoping that Majesty's Prince (the bmsire's) turf influences kick in for him. But he isn't going to get anthing from his sire, Millenium Wind, IMHO...Millenium Wind couldn't get the KY Der distance (had zero chance, a front running winner at Keenland shipping in w/a huge bsf and foot problems).

So now we have Won O Won in only the 2nd race of his entire life and he was up against a Point Given, (which is interesting since Point Given beat his sire, too. :)) More than Ready, and Cozzene runners and couldn't even get 1-1/16 in his prior race????

Anyway, just trying to learn something here, Why was he the favorite? Hope somebody comes along and clues me in. :confused:

(I also went looking at Windsor One O One's stats and they are pretty dreary, I think this is another MW offspring.)

Wonder what levine is trying to do with this one?

Who would you have made the favorite? Further, did you watch a replay of his last? He had a bit of trouble early and late and came with a pretty good run late.

Bruce Levine has won at 25% second time starters over the last 5 years with an ROI of $2.17. That's with a total of 172 starts. Levine with second time starters is a pretty strong angle.

That said, 5/2 was shorter than I thought he would be today and I believe Speed mentioned the horse would probably be too short to bet flat.

More Than Ready couldn't get 1 1/4 either.

Dahoss9698
09-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I forgot to mention the horse was also adding lasix which has been a 24% move for Levine over the last 5 years with a $2.11 ROI.

The horse had all of the makings of a horse that figured to improve, combined with some strong trainer angles. It didn't work out this time, but more often than not it will.

eastie
09-06-2010, 09:08 AM
so more than 50% of the time, a hoss like this would win ? :rolleyes:

maybe he ran his race last time, and regression is more likely.

Dahoss9698
09-06-2010, 10:59 AM
so more than 50% of the time, a hoss like this would win ? :rolleyes:

maybe he ran his race last time, and regression is more likely.

This post is so funny it's not even worth responding like I want to. Keep pumping money into the pools though. Please.

Grits
09-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Levine's 7 was a logical play for every reason stated--when one knows Levine. Along with noting, as Dh stated, the traffic problems in his first.

Domino's 4 was coming back 3rd off a layoff, having broken poorly in his 1st and checked in his 2nd making his performances in those two appear less meaningful to some. Though the 3rd place finisher in his 1st, came back to win. His keeping Ramon was a good clue.

Motion's 6 had been less distance (a mile) in his one prior start when all other entries had been 1 1/16. One knowing Motion--knows he's capable of stretching out his horses. He ran 2nd--pretty good in a field of 12.

Two horses with recent trouble were not difficult to figure.

Levine's 7 finished mid pack, beaten 5 lengths or so. Again, in a field of 12, one can consider this pretty good. He wasn't hopelessly overmatched.

Lerman's 2 holding for 3rd after being pulled up in his 1st, and away awkwardly, slow on a sealed track in his 2nd? Now, this is the one I'd question at 69-1. Lerman's slick.

WinterTriangle
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I like to review races and I had nothing but my own thoughts to review this one.

I'll put him in my stable and watch what he does next out. :ThmbUp:

eastie
09-07-2010, 12:51 AM
This post is so funny it's not even worth responding like I want to. Keep pumping money into the pools though. Please.

you want 2-1 on him when he was 28-1 last time ? last time was the time genius.

Dahoss9698
09-07-2010, 01:05 AM
you want 2-1 on him when he was 28-1 last time ? last time was the time genius.

Where exactly did I say I wanted 2-1 on him? I just provided reasons why he was the favorite.

Reading (and math really after your previous post) is fundamental.

eastie
09-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I forgot to mention the horse was also adding lasix which has been a 24% move for Levine over the last 5 years with a $2.11 ROI.

The horse had all of the makings of a horse that figured to improve, combined with some strong trainer angles. It didn't work out this time, but more often than not it will.

"all" the makings...."more often than not"

exaggeration, ex-ag-ger-a-a-a tion (sung to the chorus of Anticipation)

Dahoss9698
09-07-2010, 10:43 AM
That said, 5/2 was shorter than I thought he would be today and I believe Speed mentioned the horse would probably be too short to bet flat.

Once again, where did I say I wanted 2-1 on him? WT asked why he was the favorite and I provided my opinion why he was.

Should I take pictures of all of my IRS forms? What exactly does that have to do with this discussion at all?

If I were you I'd stick to threads where you can fawn over Zenyatta. Anything else and you look like a real dolt.

eastie
09-07-2010, 12:52 PM
i don't need other threads to make me look like a dolt. It's easy when you have as much practice as i do. the other thing was just to make you stop with the redboardshit.