PDA

View Full Version : the turf angle

Not4Love
09-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I just love when things are going GREAT and trainers decide to change surface and run on the turf. Mind that Bird and Lisas Booby trap are two of the more recent high profile. Sure hope Lisa comes back better than Bird .

PhantomOnTour
09-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Disagree with MTB as things were not going great and the turf try was the result of not getting another race filled and needing some conditioning (it didn't work...what will with this horse?).
The 'Booby' however is where we agree. She went dirt sprint-dirt route-dirt sprint-turf route in her last 4 races....say what? Love the story surrounding this horse so I will not say anything more about her that may be construed as negative. Wish her and her owner/trainer all the best.

tzipi
09-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree, I can see the reason for MTB but Lisa Booby Trap put on the turf after winning like she does on the dirt? :confused:

pandy
09-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I agree with LBT, not only was she undefeated in 4 rather easy wins on dirt but her turf pedigree isn't anything to get excited about. At least this guy won't repeat the mistake.

These things happen all the time. How many times do you see a horse that is bred both sides to run long start his career in 10 straight sprints while appearing to struggle with his action, then the trainer drops the horse into a maiden claiming race, the horse is claimed by a trainer with a brain, and he stretches out and becomes a nice route horse. It happens all the time. There are a lot of bad trainers.

Fingal
09-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I agree, I can see the reason for MTB but Lisa Booby Trap put on the turf after winning like she does on the dirt? :confused:

Kinda like what happened to The Usual Q.T. in the Pacific Classic. There was no reason to put a premier turf horse on the poly irregardless of the purse.