PDA

View Full Version : Photos for Racing Charities

Jasonm921
09-04-2010, 12:37 PM
My wife approached me to see if we could post some of my overflowing collection of photos on EBAY and give the entire winning bid to Old Friends Retirement Farm (we were there a few weeks ago). She did this a few years ago and it worked out well so she wanted to start again. Here is the link to the first bid (Rachel photo). If anyone who is a member of Paceadvantage wins the bid...I'll throw in an 8x10 glossy photo of Curlin winning the JCGC (2008) http://www.flickr.com/photos/easygoer/2892781813/. If you win the bid just send a message via EBay that you are a Paceadvantage member.

Lets help some retired thoroughbreds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190439968812

joanied
09-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Jason....what a great thing to do...I'm sure the folks at Old Friends appreciate this very much.
Hope the bids start rolling in...I'll place one, but first I gotta figure out how to do it:blush:

Things may be a little slow to start because of the holiday weekend...but...

hey everyone...let's get the ball rollin' here:ThmbUp:

Jasonm921
09-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks Joanied...She will also probably involve Rerun and Exceller as well down the line.

joanied
09-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey...the more the merrier...I give $$ to them all anyway!

I am waiting for EBay to send me my log in info...I forgot because I haven't been there for a looooong time...
then I'm gonna make a bid.
:)

Dave Schwartz
09-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Jason,

I have been collecting photos for my new studio. Several questions:

1. Can I get your photos in a very high-res digital format? (Say 3000 x 2000, or better?)

2. Are they good enough to print at say 72" x 48"?

3. The wall where they will be displayed may occasionally be shown on my upcoming show. Would that violate the license agreement?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Jasonm921
09-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Dave, I would think anything beyond a 16x20 would be stressing the integrity of the images ( could be wrong though) although I have never tried to go that big.

Dave Schwartz
09-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Jason,

Thanks.

Dave

Charlie D
09-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Dave

Google Megapixel calculator. There will be one that tells you the Pixels/DPI you need for the size you want.

Dave Schwartz
09-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Either I am not using it right or I simply do not know what I am doing.

It did not seem to me that it is telling me what I need. It seems it is telling me what I get with a certain megapixel.

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
This is for a good cause...let's see some bids on this...where are all the Rachel Alexandra fans? Don't tell me you've all jumped off the bandwagon already...this horse is a first ballot HOF entrant and this is a very nice photo...

AND it's for a very worthy cause...

joanied
09-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I just placed a bid:jump:

Jasonm921
09-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Thank you Joanied.

born2ride
09-05-2010, 10:43 PM
This is for a good cause...let's see some bids on this...where are all the Rachel Alexandra fans? Don't tell me you've all jumped off the bandwagon already...this horse is a first ballot HOF entrant and this is a very nice photo...

AND it's for a very worthy cause...

Jumped off the bandwagon? Nope. I was the first bidder!

Nice to see other bids have come in!

Jasonm921
09-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks born

Siren Lure
09-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Jason, will you take orders for specific photos? I've enjoyed your photos and there are several I'd pay for... If it went to a horse rescue charity I'd buy even more!

Jasonm921
09-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Siren, I'll put more up as we go. If there is a specific photo you have in mind let me know and I'll relay it to the wife. I would like to stay with the Ebay formula to keep the flow going to the various retired thoroughbred charities.

joanied
09-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Keep us posted on what ever other photos you offer for this great worthy cause...I'm going to ebay right now to place another bid...but I must say, I'm a little disappointed more mebers here aren't bidding...
come on everyone...bid, bid, bid:ThmbUp:

joanied
09-11-2010, 03:08 PM
WOW...this thread got buried...jason....I see the auction is over...I lost out on that photo for the grand amount of one dollar:faint: ...but glad someone won it and that a little $$ goes to Old Friends...
I'm a little disappointed that not more bids came in, especially from our members here...
please be sure and give us all a heads up when your wife decides on another photo to auction off for an equine charity...and since the Rachel photo only brought $36.00, I just donated some more $$ to Old Friends anyway:)

Tell your wife thank you...and keep up this very good work:ThmbUp:

Charli125
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Sorry Joanied, I beat you at the wire for the win!

joanied
09-11-2010, 04:23 PM

Story of my life, Charli...a day late and a dollar short :faint: :D ....enjoy that photo!!

PaceAdvantage
09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Wow...I really blew this one... :mad:

born2ride
09-11-2010, 09:58 PM

Congrats on winning the nice photo! You beat Joanied by $1 and me by a couple $. :-( Buy hey it's for a great cause!

Jason - any chance of you producing extra copies of the Rachel photo? If so, I'd buy one outright from you. I'd even throw in a reasonable donation to Old Friends.

OntheRail
09-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Jason if you have more then one copy you can do second chance offers to the other high bidders and that money would also go to Old Friends.

Just a thought.

Jasonm921
09-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks guys. Will let you guys know when the next one will be going up. I rather change up the photos so that the bids don't become diluted. Nothing annoys a bidder more than paying one price today and then see the same item go for cheaper only days later. I'll put up other Rachel photos in the near future.

joanied
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Jason...you have so many :ThmbUp: outstanding photos...hell, I could pick out at least a dozen that I beleive would offer great bids for Old Friends or any other equine facility...another one I donate to is Our Mims...it's all retired broodmares...but, I digress...you have a wealth of great shots...just let us know when another goes up for bidding:jump: