PDA

View Full Version : DRF Online Result Charts Are Terrible

tedwin
09-03-2001, 12:57 AM
I print the DRF online result charts for Calder daily. They take significantly fewer pages than printing the charts from equibase. But it is not at all unusual for the DRF charts to list no odds for any horses (all horses show odds of 0.00, and when that happens usually the names of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd finishers are wrong. The charts for Sunday Sept. 2 hit a new low as this happened for each of the first 4 races.

I have emailed DRF about it, but did not get any response. I'm wondering how frequently this occurs at other tracks, and why Steve Crist doesn't have the problem addressed and corrected.

karlskorner
09-03-2001, 09:12 AM
Tedwin;

I gave up on DRF months ago. Print CRC charts from BRIS, they are free also, at the most a page or so longer than DRF, same comment line as DRF.

Karl

mhrussell
09-03-2001, 01:05 PM
Tedwin-

I too gave up on DRF about 10 months ago. High priced, inaccurate information with no customer support to speak of at all. Several emails I have sent complaining about things were just ignored. I've been happy with BRIS since.

regards-

takeout
09-03-2001, 04:10 PM
Results charts have been a problem for me ever since I first started downloading my info as opposed to buying the Form and cutting them out. I'm strictly a .pdf or .txt guy so I have to take what I can get, and frankly, I don't even call them results charts unless they have a "last ran" section in them - meaning that each horse is indexed by date, race #, track and finish position of its last race.

FOR YEARS, as far as I know, Axcis Trackmaster was the ONLY ONE that sold ANYTHING resembling what I had come to know as results charts. I still find this unbelievable! Now DRF finally has .pdf charts but they take quite a while to print out. Simulcast Weekly doesn't do me much good because I follow a minor track.

The trend these days seems to be towards info geared for the novice player. Maybe not totally a bad idea but IMO way overdone. Regular players need PPs and results charts whether they use them the old fashioned way or download them into a database.

Tom
09-03-2001, 05:43 PM
DRF PDF results files are ok, but take a while to download-why couldn't they just make ONE file with the whole day's charts-7 pages - in it???
DRF just doesn't get it. Even the simplest things seem to go over their heads.
I use TrackMaster results files because they have so much more info in them than just results. The trackmodel program is free, and the files are in database format. so I import the data into Access and use it from there.

Tom 518

NoDayJob
09-03-2001, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tedwin
[B]I print the DRF online result charts for Calder daily. They take significantly fewer pages than printing the charts from equibase.

How about using Equibase's charts? They are HTML and free. You can store them on your computer and call them up whenever necessary. -NDJ