PDA

View Full Version : Payback for appearing at the Beck rally didn't take long

PaceAdvantage
09-04-2010, 02:02 AM
The media always gets its man... :lol:

For La Russa, others, time for a change

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/for-tony-la-russa-and-other-mlb-managers-its-time-for-a-change-090310

alytim
09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
The media always gets its man... :lol:

For La Russa, others, time for a change

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/for-tony-la-russa-and-other-mlb-managers-its-time-for-a-change-090310

This is a reach. Why did Rosenthal include Torre and Piniella in this article if his agenda was to bash La Russa? La Russa has been widely criticized by fans and the St. Louis media since he arrived in St. Louis. He is the most overrated manager in my memory.
I have been a Cardinal fan since the early 60's.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2010, 09:17 PM
This is a reach. Why did Rosenthal include Torre and Piniella in this article if his agenda was to bash La Russa? La Russa has been widely criticized by fans and the St. Louis media since he arrived in St. Louis. He is the most overrated manager in my memory.
I have been a Cardinal fan since the early 60's.It's all about timing my good man....

Mike at A+
09-06-2010, 09:20 PM
As an Italian, can I play the race card on this one?

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2010, 11:07 PM
This is a reach.BTW, I wasn't really being serious with this thread...but you never know...how many national articles have been written calling for La Russa to go before this one?

Robert Goren
09-06-2010, 11:30 PM
BTW, I wasn't really being serious with this thread...but you never know...how many national articles have been written calling for La Russa to go before this one?La Russa is/was loved by national sports media. He is almost universally hate by Red Bird fans. 3 of my friends have been Red Bird fans since days of Harry Carey was doing their games on radio. They all agree that he is the worst manager in St. Louis history(as one them put it "that includes the Browns"). I am not sure I agree, but it does seem like he hasn't won as much as he should have with the talent they have had.

jelly
09-06-2010, 11:32 PM
As an Italian, can I play the race card on this one?

Italians get screwed,no Race cards and no Affirmative action.