PDA

View Full Version : Betfair SP for US

Some_One
09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Anyone who does play on Betfair, since when did they have the Betfair SP on the US racing? It's been a while since I played on that account and never saw it before.

beertapper
09-04-2010, 01:39 AM
yeah noticed it too.. seems like a new thing

one step closer to in running betting ?

Lefty
09-04-2010, 01:43 AM
They don't take U.S accts. Are you guys in U.S.? If so, h ave you found a workaround?

gm10
09-04-2010, 03:14 AM
There has been in-running available before, but it got canceled because Canadian customers held an unfair advantage. They receive their satellite signal seconds before the European customers did, not to mention the people at the racecourses themselves.

andymays
09-04-2010, 11:10 AM
BETFAIR’S BURN: IT ISN’T CORRECT TO SAY WE TRIED TO ‘SNEAK’ EXCHANGE WAGERING THROUGH IN CALIFORNIA

http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/betfairs-burn-it-isnt-correct-to-say-we-tried-to-sneak-exchange-wagering-through-in-california/

Excerpt:

I do not agree either that we did anything ’shady’ in Australia. Tasmania is as much a part of Australia as Florida is of the United States. And the claim that Betfair has devastated the racing industry in jurisdictions where we have operated is also not true depsite the fact that our commercial opponents regularly make that assertion. In the UK, for example, more money is going into horse racing now - significantly more - than a decade ago when Betfair first started. The combination of statutory levy payments and media rights fees provides record sums for racing. Betfair pays exactly the same % of its revenues as all other betting operators just as it is required to do under the law. The claims we should pay come from the BHA who resent the fact some of the funding now isn’t controlled by them and goes directly to tracks and other recipients.

Some_One
09-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Of course GM, the Brits have a good 15 second advantage over the Canadians when it comes to IR of UK racing, you don't see us complaining.

Charlie D
09-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Some One

My betfair settings have SP option unchecked so i don't see SP and i can't remember seeing SP option on US before, but on saying that, i really don't pay much attention to whats above market tbh. So it could have been there a while. :)

I checked Service forum page and can't see any announcements.

Thats all i know, i'm afraid.

highnote
09-04-2010, 11:45 AM
How much is betfair's exchange betting on U.S. races contributing to U.S. racing?

Charlie D
09-04-2010, 11:47 AM
How much is betfair's exchange betting on U.S. races contributing to U.S. racing?

Ask NYRA or Betfair John. :)

Some_One
09-04-2010, 12:10 PM

I honestly don't care, if tracks are going to do whats best for the owners and horseman, as I player, I have to do what is best for me, and with a rebate shop like Pinnacle gone now for couple of years, Betfair is the next best option for me to lower my takeout.

highnote
09-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Ask NYRA or Betfair John. :)

I saw betfair's advertisements at Saratoga. NYRA is getting ad revenue, if nothing else.

So far I can see the following tracks on betfair's betting exchange:

http://horseracing.betfair.com/

Charles Town
Delaware
Del Mar
Evangeline
Golden Gate
Monmouth
MountP -- Mountaineer park?
Penn
Philly
Presque Isle
Saratoga
Woodbine

Charlie D
09-04-2010, 12:48 PM
If you Click Forum> Markets Forum. You'll see US racing schedule John.

highnote
09-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I see they live video of U.S. races. Isn't it ironic that a lot U.S. ADW's don't even offer video!

Are U.S. racetracks selling their signals to betfair? Is betfair sending any of their handle to U.S. racetracks? If not, then U.S. racing is operating on zero revenue from betfair.

So my question is, how can racetracks claim they need to raise takeout when they are already willing to take nothing for betting exchange bets?

There must be more to the picture than I know.

Charlie D
09-04-2010, 01:17 PM
No idea regarding those questions John, but Live feed was missing other day, but now it's back and Saratoga Live feed appears some days and is missing others, including today for some reason.

Some_One
09-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Saratoga live feed is up today, its only available usually for 5 or so mins before and after a race, so once it cuts off, select the next race in the menu

And how can they take bets? they are a legal UK bookmaker/licenceholder. Do you think the NFL or FIFA gave them permission to take bets on their sports? However Betfair realizes that its in the best interest of all parties if they have an active relationship with their tracks, for the reasons people like CanGamble has pointed out in the past.

Charlie D
09-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Wasn't on when i looked earlier Some One, but just read on forum they have been late adding Live feeds.

Some_One
09-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Well I had no problems with R3, however Im now using the HPI feeds

Charlie D
09-04-2010, 04:25 PM
John

Betfair Customer Services are promoting the Del Mar Carryover on forum.

Some_One
09-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Sar R4 Winner Shahzadi, Track odds 46-1, Betfair SP 120-1

Frank Angst
09-08-2010, 04:12 PM
After initially just broadcasting the signals and collecting the action, like other offshores, Betfair has been cutting deals with tracks and associations to provide them with revenue. The deals are not transparent.

If you've noticed, they are stepping up to provide sponsorship of many races. They were key to allowing the Pacific Classic to keep a 1-million purse this year. Here's a story I did last year on them reaching an agreement with Breeders' Cup.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2009/October/22/Betfair-Breeders-Cup-reach-deal-on-wagering-revenue.aspx

andymays
09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
After initially just broadcasting the signals and collecting the action, like other offshores, Betfair has been cutting deals with tracks and associations to provide them with revenue. The deals are not transparent.

If you've noticed, they are stepping up to provide sponsorship of many races. They were key to allowing the Pacific Classic to keep a 1-million purse this year. Here's a story I did last year on them reaching an agreement with Breeders' Cup.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2009/October/22/Betfair-Breeders-Cup-reach-deal-on-wagering-revenue.aspx

Del Mar usually adds un (non) commingled handle into it's handle figures and has for a while now. From what I understand it is an estimate of what is wagered in other countries. I guess a Betfair type deal would be part of that. I guess that helps account for the income.

gm10
09-11-2010, 09:42 AM

The old Roman mantra ... 'divide and rule' springs to mind.