PDA

View Full Version : People in Position are having problems

skate
09-03-2010, 04:55 PM
This is what is seen;

Mr. Kocherlakota has been watching the unusual relationship between unemployment and the speed at which firms fill open positions. In normal times, as unemployment rises, firms are able to fill open positions quickly because they have more people to choose from.

Now with even more people to chose from. They conclude the following.

"In the past 18 months, however, that hasn't happened. Instead, the number of job openings climbed, as unemployment rose and lingered at high levels. The job-opening rate, a measure of the number of available jobs as a percentage of total positions in the economy—both filled and vacant—has drifted up to 2.2% from 1.8% a year ago, rather than falling further as expected. It suggests a breakdown in the hiring process."

She and others go on to say that the workers are Just not Qualified for the jobs, might be,but...

They don't see the problem that people being paid to sit home, are just no making themselves available for work.

Robert Goren
09-03-2010, 06:44 PM
This is what is seen;

Mr. Kocherlakota has been watching the unusual relationship between unemployment and the speed at which firms fill open positions. In normal times, as unemployment rises, firms are able to fill open positions quickly because they have more people to choose from.

Now with even more people to chose from. They conclude the following.

"In the past 18 months, however, that hasn't happened. Instead, the number of job openings climbed, as unemployment rose and lingered at high levels. The job-opening rate, a measure of the number of available jobs as a percentage of total positions in the economy—both filled and vacant—has drifted up to 2.2% from 1.8% a year ago, rather than falling further as expected. It suggests a breakdown in the hiring process."

She and others go on to say that the workers are Just not Qualified for the jobs, might be,but...

They don't see the problem that people being paid to sit home, are just no making themselves available for work.That what I used tell my employees when I had them doing double duty and they were griping about me not hiring some one.