PDA

View Full Version : NYT- Fewer Young Voters See Themselves as Democrats

ElKabong
09-03-2010, 01:36 AM
We tried to tell you, you big ear'd dumbass. It was the economy, stupid. Consider this yet another TEACHABLE MOMENT

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/03/us/politics/03students.html?_r=1

SNIPPAGE

Many students here, especially seniors nearing graduation, said that worries about the economy, and about getting a job after graduation, had filtered through the campus, dampening enthusiasm for Democrats in Congress and Mr. Obama.

Philip Stricker, 21, a biology major who voted for Mr. Obama but says he has not been paying much attention to politics lately, uses a nontechnical term to describe the phenomenon.

“There’s a vibe,” he said on a recent afternoon, while pumping weights at the gym. “Right now it seems like Republicans just care a lot more than Democrats.”

A spokeswoman for the university’s chapter of College Democrats, Mandi Asay, 22, said her group battled apathy on one hand and anger on the other.

“People are angry — about the budget deficit, health care plan, angry about this and that,” she said. “I feel like Republicans definitely, definitely have a chance of getting back on their feet.”

PaceAdvantage
09-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Obama will most likely be viewed as one of the biggest mistakes ever.

Bush's legacy is improving with every moment Obama spends in the White House.

fast4522
09-03-2010, 06:32 AM
All Presidents face what they are briefed on every morning, President Bush might have been a better President if he did not have 9-11 to deal with. It is very obvious that our current President has taken the course that President Carter took which is a very flawed one. President Carter also thought he could build peace in the middle east but that was flawed as well and history will show that region to be a cancer because of the oil. The oil is and looks to be the main source of our problem due to consumption and dependency for decades to come. Our weakness as a people is obsessive compulsive behavior to which foreign oil supply is a big problem. I do not fault a man for the color of his skin or what religion is his choice, however it is fair to fault someone imposing his agenda that does not align with the majority of Americans. Although not as cruel as teenager's but pretty dam close to it, this November the President will find out when people vote.

boxcar
09-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Last week on El Rushbo's show, he talked about a "generic" AP poll that showed for the first time in a gazillion years (or thereabouts :) ) that registered voters favored Republicans by an historical margin of 10 points or so -- I believe it was 51 to 41%, as I recall. The 8% difference was "undecided".
But frankly, while Rush made a big deal out of this (I guess because it was some kind of historical margin), nonetheless, I just did one of these :rolleyes: -- because I'm still amazed the margin isn't far greater than that. The poll tells me there are still a significant number of people out there that are either very slow on the uptake, die-hard left wing extremists or mindless, card-carrying, fourth-generation Party voters who would vote Dem if the anti-Christ was running and openly announced that fact.

Boxcar