PDA

View Full Version : Players Pools on large Pick 6 carryover todays

menifee
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I feel that these pools have essentially eliminated any possibility of a single player or two taking down large pools and making a life changing score. Kind of ruins the excitment of chasing a big pick 6. You may win it big (less than a mil), but the days of a single guy taking down a 4 mil pool seem to be over.

Saratoga_Mike
09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I feel that these pools have essentially eliminated any possibility of a single player or two taking down large pools and making a life changing score. Kind of ruins the excitment of chasing a big pick 6. You may win it big (less than a mil), but the days of a single guy taking down a 4 mil pool seem to be over.

Do you view them differently than syndicates that have been pooling money for yrs?

positive4th
09-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm not so sure that the days of a single guys taking down a monster pool are over............

you're certainly right that Players' Pools and syndicates do become large fish in the pond, but consider at the same time that most of them bet rather inefficiently - - - they'll punch in a few HUGE tickets and cover the most obvious/likely combos too few times.

What happens in turn is that the mid-range horses ($10-$24 mutuel payouts, for this purpose) get "covered" but not in proportion to their actual likelihood of winning a single leg of the P6, and COLLECTIVELY they don't get covered nearly enough.

Consider the prices today at Saratoga - - - not a single horse over $25, and the payout was STILL $377K. It wouldn't be beyond belief to see that big of a pool scooped if a slightly longer shot wins say leg 2 or 3 of that sequence.

What prevents the single player from covering those combos is the limited bankroll, but its certainly conceivable that a single player, by himself, could string together the right 6 to scoop one of these pools soon.

positive4th
09-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Also, consider that a multi-million dollar payout would probably require a 3-day carryover, or a huge guarantee, and those are pretty rare

menifee
09-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Do you view them differently than syndicates that have been pooling money for yrs?

For some reason I do. I don't know why. Probably because they are more public.

Saratoga_Mike
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
For some reason I do. I don't know why. Probably because they are more public.

How does the TwinSpires deal work anyway?

JustRalph
09-01-2010, 10:12 PM
How does the TwinSpires deal work anyway?

oh god.........you have opened pandora's box now :lol: