PDA

View Full Version : Timber Reserve Euthanized

Shelby
09-01-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.drf.com/blogs/saratoga-timber-reserve-euthanized

I loved this horse :(

Not4Love
09-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Just another reason why I've lost interest in this game. Maybe I'll start playing Parx Park. Geez.

tzipi
09-01-2010, 05:24 PM
:( Always liked that horse. Shame.

gm10
09-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Missed the race so I didn't see it happen.
Very sad. Nice horse.

sonnyp
09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
when i was still active, and the opportunity to buy a horse for an owner came about, the usual protocol was for me to look them over and then have them "vetted out".

ya know, depending on the type of horse, young and green, prospective stake horse etc., it was always interesting to listen to the "sales pitch" of the selling owner or trainer.

i would always ask why they wanted to sell. some answers did make sense like "we need to make room for our babies" or "we try to keep only stake quality stock and he's not that kind".

if i was looking at a horse that had a fair amount of racing in him, and the sellers came with the proverbial, "he aint got a pimple on him". if, after examination, that statement was true, i would smile inside and, almost always, pass on that one. don't get me wrong, i wasn't lookin for bows or suspensories, but a little wear and tear on a racehorse was a plus to me.

unfortunately, the good ones exert themselves at a level where attrition is just a part of the game. those, "without a pimple" never pushed themselves hard enough to get hurt. you don't see those hangin sulkers vanned off too often.

you come to expect the bumps and bruises just like an NFL locker room on a monday morning, but it's these catastrophic disasters that really rip your guts out.

really hate to see it happen.

joanied
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
when i was still active, and the opportunity to buy a horse for an owner came about, the usual protocol was for me to look them over and then have them "vetted out".

ya know, depending on the type of horse, young and green, prospective stake horse etc., it was always interesting to listen to the "sales pitch" of the selling owner or trainer.

i would always ask why they wanted to sell. some answers did make sense like "we need to make room for our babies" or "we try to keep only stake quality stock and he's not that kind".

if i was looking at a horse that had a fair amount of racing in him, and the sellers came with the proverbial, "he aint got a pimple on him". if, after examination, that statement was true, i would smile inside and, almost always, pass on that one. don't get me wrong, i wasn't lookin for bows or suspensories, but a little wear and tear on a racehorse was a plus to me.

unfortunately, the good ones exert themselves at a level where attrition is just a part of the game. those, "without a pimple" never pushed themselves hard enough to get hurt. you don't see those hangin sulkers vanned off too often.

you come to expect the bumps and bruises just like an NFL locker room on a monday morning, but it's these catastrophic disasters that really rip your guts out.

really hate to see it happen.

That's it in a nutshell...what a heartbreak.

Timber
R.I.P :(