PDA

View Full Version : Down goes Murky

ArlJim78
08-31-2010, 10:43 PM
The barbarian hordes take out another incumbent ruling class senator in Alaska.
__________________________________________________ ______________
Murkowski concedes GOP Senate race to Miller (http://www.adn.com/2010/08/31/1433454/murkowski-concedes-senate-race.html)

Anchorage Daily News / adn.com

Published: August 31st, 2010 06:30 PM
Last Modified: August 31st, 2010 06:31 PM

Incumbent Lisa Murkowski has conceded to challenger Joe Miller in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate

JustRalph
08-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Big win!

Very interesting dynamic, not sure what it says about the rest of country

But it finishes the Sarah Palin slaying of the dominate family in Alaska politics

ElKabong
09-01-2010, 12:37 AM

bigmack
09-01-2010, 12:55 AM
It be lookin' time for GOP backed candies to 'get out the way' iff'in they 'gainst TPrrrrrrrr's.

Just a shame TPr's are such hatin' racists. Can't figure how they's winnin'. :p

ArlJim78
09-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Millers acceptance statement (http://joemiller.us/press/miller-statement-on-gop-nomination).

excerpt;

I need to thank others who provided vital support to this campaign including Governor Sarah Palin, Governor Mike Huckabee, and the Tea Party movement. I'd also like to thank current and former state officials including Lt. Governor Loren Leman, Senators Fred Dyson and John Coghill, and Representatives Wes Keller and Tammy Wilson. Additionally, I'd also like to thank national conservative leaders and our local voices here in Alaska, Dan Fagan, Glenn Biegel, and Michael Dukes. But without our incredible volunteer network, this victory could not have been possible. They worked day and night to ensure success in this race. Thank you!

Now is the time for all Alaskans to come together and reach out with our core message of taking power from the federal government and bringing it back home to the people. If we continue to allow the federal government to live beyond its means, we will all soon have to live below ours.
I like his core message. The Fed's have to be stopped.

GaryG
09-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Now the RINO incumbents are just as afraid as the dems. Got one in Utah in an earlier primary. Roll on......

NJ Stinks
09-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Big win!

Hopefully, you are kidding.

The biggest joke is that Alaska gets two senators. I'm guessing the founding fathers had no idea at the time how much that law was going to cost us.

JustRalph
09-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Hopefully, you are kidding.

The biggest joke is that Alaska gets two senators. I'm guessing the founding fathers had no idea at the time how much that law was going to cost us.

go after the citizens of Alaska? Sure why not........ right up your alley

NJ Stinks
09-01-2010, 11:24 PM
go after the citizens of Alaska? Sure why not........ right up your alley

Ralph, your sense of what's fair and my sense of what's fair don't agree very often.

Tom
09-01-2010, 11:39 PM
How many toxic dumps do they have? :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
09-02-2010, 12:24 AM
How many toxic dumps do they have? :rolleyes:

As usual, another insightful post. OK, wiseguy, tell me why a state with a population of around 700,00 (about .002% of the total U.S. population) should have 2% of the U.S. senators in Congress.

Good luck. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
09-02-2010, 12:48 AM
As usual, another insightful post. OK, wiseguy, tell me why a state with a population of around 700,00 (about .002% of the total U.S. population) should have 2% of the U.S. senators in Congress.

Because the founders saw the wisdom of having two in case one is incapacitated.

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2010, 02:16 AM

Good luck. :rolleyes:Distribution of wealth in action yet again... :lol:

Tom
09-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Those who have actually studied in areal school know that the Senate is NOT based on population, as it is the branch that represents STATES, not people, you know, as in the United STATES?

Another little known fact, Alaska was CHOSEN to be part of the nation, while New Jersey was pretty much forced on us because it was right in the middle of everything back then. :rolleyes::D

toetoe
09-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Just a shame TPr's are such hatin' racists.

I invite them to emulate me, an ever-lovin' racist.

--- Benjamin Grimm

P.S. It may be clobberin' time.

P.P.S. Just heard from Morticia Adams, to wit:

"Thank you, Thing." bg

skate
09-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Da... because they didnt want to fraction da poor little devils.

GaryG
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Good luck. :rolleyes:As I am sure you know, each state gets representation in the House based om population. The Senate has two members per state as a balance. Many of us still hold States Rights to be important, highly important. The Alaska senators are just as important as those from CA or NY. Yes, this was a big win.