PDA

View Full Version : Kantharos retired

46zilzal
08-31-2010, 05:48 PM
the fragile breed keeps giving up the good one before we know what they are even capable of becoming.

Thoroughbred Times

SoCalCircuit
08-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Well that sucks

BluegrassProf
08-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Just heard the trackside rumblings myself: unfortunate, unexpected break.

Such an explosive little guy...what a shame. :ThmbDown:

joanied
08-31-2010, 07:11 PM
yeah, I was just gonna post this rather disappointing news...it really does suck:ThmbDown: this colt could have been very special. Maximum bummer:faint:

WinterTriangle
08-31-2010, 07:15 PM
That's a shame.

Just removed him from my top 50 for TC races. :(

SmartyParty
08-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Very sad. I don't know how owners of racehorses do it!

classhandicapper
08-31-2010, 07:54 PM
That was fast. :bang:

sandpit
08-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Very sad. I don't know how owners of racehorses do it!

This particular one is fortunate to be wealthy enough to buy more just like this one. Watch the Keeneland sale in a couple of weeks and see how many yearlings he purchases.

Bubbles
09-01-2010, 11:21 AM
This is horrible. This one was arguably the best juvenile in the country, and now he's retired before he even gets to try seven furlongs. Just hope he makes a full recovery and can at least throw a few good ones who last longer than he did.

cj
09-01-2010, 11:27 AM
This is horrible. This one was arguably the best juvenile in the country, and now he's retired before he even gets to try seven furlongs. Just hope he makes a full recovery and can at least throw a few good ones who last longer than he did.

I long ago stopped getting excited about fast summer two year olds.

joanied
09-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I long ago stopped getting excited about fast summer two year olds.

Sometimes it's hard not to get all worked up when a youngster steps up like this one did...but yes, even I have begun to be careful about looking foward to seeing a really good 2 yr. old go on to do great things...it's a heartbreaker. It's so damned frustrating to put your hopes on these babies, it does seem most never make it into thier 3 yr. old season...and the worst part is the big question that still hasn't found an answer...what in hell is going on:confused: ...is it that they are raced to hard as youngsters, is it the track surfaces, is it all the damned drugs that they pump into the babies for quick growth=quick rewards, is it the breeding unsound stallions to unsound mares...is it all of these things.
One thing for sure, unsound breeding horses need to be put out to pasture; literally, drug use has to stop (putting it's use at tracks aside for a moment)...at the farms and training centers for yearlings, and maybe 2 yr old races need to loose their prestigious status & high purses so they are simply a tool for getting the 2 yr olds ready for a career as a race horse, not for earnings or Eclipse awards, that they are run undr strict conditions that will enable a 2 yr old to develope bone, tendon, muscle without straining and breaking those very things!
:faint: :mad: :bang:

Cardus
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Kantharos, we hardly knew ya.

Spalding No!
09-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Kantharos, we hardly knew ya.
Does this mean some horses will now skip the Hopeful and point to the Champagne instead?