PDA

View Full Version : Virus' Author

Larry Hamilton
08-29-2003, 09:38 AM
They know who did it--this time

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A62735-2003Aug29?language=printer

Hope they give this 18-year old 30 days in the 'lectric chair. Does this means that from now on, the authorities can trace the virus to it's source?

so.cal.fan
08-29-2003, 10:47 AM
"Hope they give this 18-year old 30 days in the 'lectric chair"

OR................let him off the hook.......IF he helps secure the electronic betting system in the US.

I can't understand why these smart kids waste their talents, they could be doing something good.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Tom
08-30-2003, 11:58 AM
...did untold damage to the world at large, cost millions of dollars and threatened the very existance of the internet. And he is only under house arrest. He deserves to be locked up in a maximum security prision (where they use young boys for currency!).
The message has to be loud and clear:You do this and your live as you know it over. I suggest he be placed in solitary for the rest of his life. He is not fit to have the right to communicate wtih real people. May tyhe next snot-nosed punk that comes along will think twice befreo he does this carp.
NOW......as far as blame goes, what do we do about the moronic little punk Bill Gates who's depraved indifference makes these worms and viruses possible? I think he is certainly guilty of something and perhaps he has demonstrated enough irresponsibility to have his company taken away from him and given to responsible people to run-maybe the government nationalizes it? Heh, heh, heh....and he has to give back the money!:mad:

superfecta
08-31-2003, 12:15 AM
How many of these guys are recruited to the computer industry after they get their legal troubles settled?I seem to remember that happening more than once.But in a way it would be business smarts to hire the guy that could ruin you and pay him to wreak havok on your competetors.Or at least give him some sense of duty before he drops the worm on you again.

Speed Figure
08-31-2003, 01:29 AM
Does this guy work for APPLE?:p

Tom
08-31-2003, 11:20 AM
....hold software suppliers responsible for obviously lax security in their products. When the biggest, richest developer is also totally ireesponsible, it take way to long for the market to react and allow viabel alternatives (read: Microsoft). This is where govt regulation is needed. Unfortunatley, the Bush team was obviously paid off by old Bill to drop the pressure. Gee, W is for sale at such a low cost to MS, oil, who else? Wonder what it is like to be the cheapest hooker on the corner?

Larry Hamilton
09-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Tom, you accuse Bush of selling out to MS, Oil and others. Hope you have the good manners to provide the proof to such comments.

Tom
09-03-2003, 09:34 PM
MS was on the ropes under the Clinton justice deparmtent's prosecution, suddenly it goes away when W comes in. To me, it is nop-brainer that Bush is selling out to oil and other energy companies-as evidenced by his recent lifting of sound resrtictions to reduce pollution by selected enrgy companies to promote them to grow their businesses-even though thier CEO's are pocketing billions in pure profit instead of effectively managing them.
We now face a shortage of plywood in this country in hurrikane season because it is beins diverted to Irag to rebuild. BTW, today's estimates of $100 Billion to rebuild Iraq-WOW! I doubt they were worth that before the war. W is sending our troops into harms way and stubornly insisting we do not need more help in Iraq-WE DO! He is allowing VA hospitals to be clsosed while troops are being sent overseas. Dispicable behavior. While our guys are being murdered over there, he makes the stupid comment of "Bring 'em on!" Easy to say when you are on a month's vacation in daddy's backyard. Like the coward he is.
W has had far too many chances - he is a dud, a dope, and, dare I say it.....by FAR, a much worse president than Clinton was.
He has no credibility, I do not trust him, and I do no believe a thing he says. Clinton was a stumble-bum-W is a loose cannon who is far more concerned about getting re-elected than fighting terroism. His god is the dollar-and he is a whore to whoever hands him one. It is time to dump him-his offenses far outweight what we impeached Clinton for. Just today, we find out he (the White House) lied in statmenets about the safety of air quality at ground zero and let people go back to work when their safety was in doubt and they were not given accurate information to allow them to make their own choices. This is not the type of man I want to run our country.

JustRalph
09-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Tom

I agree with a bunch of what you are saying here.........

But I still think the alternative is worse............

JustRalph
09-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Tom
[BUnfortunatley, the Bush team was obviously paid off by old Bill to drop the pressure. Gee, W is for sale at such a low cost to MS, oil, who else? Wonder what it is like to be the cheapest hooker on the corner? [/B]

Tom

Bill Gates gives to the Dems. He doesn't give to the Republicans. At least that was the last thing I read after the last Fed. Election.
he professes to be a registered Dem. Who knows where the money really goes.............

On the software part of this...... There are a few reasons no self respecting virus, hacker type ever used this tactic or took advantage of this so called weakness: It really isn't a virus, so the hard core virus types wouldn't get any respect for it, and it is what is known as an "above ground attack" there really wasn't any super secret code used: and it would be too easy to trace. The too easy to trace has come true. It is a kid..... I could have written this thing and I program very little. But this dumb-ass kid just didn't get the gravity of it etc. I hope they hammer him for it.

he should be strung up. He will probably face charges in multiple states. That would be the real hammer.

Tom
09-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Tom

....hould be strung up. He will probably face charges in multiple states. That would be the real hammer.

I say he and his family should be held financially liable for ALL the damage he caused world-wide.