PDA

View Full Version : another dumb question: where are the old threads?

JPinMaryland
08-31-2010, 11:22 AM
just surfing around this area of PA and havent been here in awhile. There used to be a whole lot of messages/threads on computers here.

There is a message in the next hierarchy above this one, I guess it's the Off topic folder that says like 900 threads and 7000 posts. But when I look at the display in the Computer folder it says "17 threads out of 17" or something.

Did they delete all the old threads here? or what?

headhawg
08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
The default thread display option is for one month, I think. In the bottom left corner you can change this to whatever you want (like one year), and then click the Show Threads button to display more of the older threads.

JPinMaryland
08-31-2010, 02:09 PM
yeah Okay. we might want to explain for future reference that the display near the bottom says "From.." with a window to select last year, or last week or whatever and then there is a small button to the right of that that says "show threads" I did not see that button the first couple of times and you have to hit that to get the threads. The recycle command will not do it.

Pace Cap'n
08-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Click "Archive" at the very bottom right of this page.

JPinMaryland
09-02-2010, 09:01 AM
I clicked on it. What does that do exactly?

DJofSD
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
I clicked on it. What does that do exactly?
I've never looked at that before. Taking a quick peek it looks to me like a chronological listing of all of the threads from all of the forums. Click on a link for a specific subsection of this board and you'll see the message threads. Click on a message link and you'll be able to read it from top to bottom.

PaceAdvantage
09-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I clicked on it. What does that do exactly?Archive was designed as a more search-engine friendly version of the posts on this board.

What you really want to do to see the old threads is make sure that under Display Options your "From the" is set to something like "Last Year" or "Beginning"