PDA

View Full Version : The Kings

Buddha
08-29-2003, 02:13 AM
Suff wanted this posted so here it is. A pic of the King (Sufferin) and another King (Bobby Frankel) taken on the backside Wednesday morning as we walked around the barns, and Oklahoma training track.

I guess the photo didnt go. You can see it at http://www.geocities.com/jarrodbrush/king.jpg

I am going to post more pics of the trip later. I am too tired to do it now. I will let everyone know when it is done.

Buddha

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2003, 09:32 AM
It went...it just took a while. I have to manually approve all attachments to make sure no viruses are posted by accident....

Nice picture by the way....what time were you guys back there??

WINMANWIN
08-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Suff the man with the Legend....Maybe not the past 2 weeks, due to a sick barn:rolleyes: But the overall TOP CONDITIONER. Now thats a shot, You have to hang proudly. The 2 racing KINGS :D

horsepower
08-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Buddha,

THATS ONE FINE PHOTO! I cant wait until you post them all good job

Marty

Buddha
08-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
It went...it just took a while. I have to manually approve all attachments to make sure no viruses are posted by accident....

Nice picture by the way....what time were you guys back there??

I see PA. I didn't know that. We went to the breakfast with the ponies on Wednesday, and left the track around 8:00ish, and went to the backside and kinda just wandered around. Watched a few horses, mingled around, had coffee at the track kitchen, and almost had Suff's vehicle towed. It was a blast though.

Buddha
08-29-2003, 03:06 PM
I am going to work right now, but later tonight I am going to make a page and post some pics from the trip for all to see.

Suff
08-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Jarod

Whats up Buddy? Thanks for the Frankel Post.. Your Link is not working...? Get that set up and put all the great shots with me and you out back in the Jerkens, Contessa, D Wayne Lukas Barns..

Great Day Today... I'm sitting here with CJ now,, Tome showed today..

CJ caught a whole ticket on the TRi in the last 1017.00...Nice hit.

Labor day weekend is here.. Last chance for anyone and everyone..

Festival Tent....find us...

CJ and I were on the Course for the 2nd and 3rd today.. We got some Great Pictures and I hope to have them up soon...

Really great stuff,,,

What a Time!! Hard to describe on well the trip has and is going.... Words don't do it Justice.

Boys...we changed the Message Board world with this one!!!

AWESOME TIME!!! Best trip ever.

So many great guys...

I'll do a whole recap when I get back...the SUFF Re-cap....!!

What a Time...

THANKS to everyone that came.....

justin
08-30-2003, 03:40 AM
Glad you guys are having a blast and making some money.
Craig had wanted me to email his program output for Saturday and Sunday, so if he's able to check his normal email address it's there. If not, I can send the stuff elsewhere if needed.

-Justin

PurplePower
08-30-2003, 03:41 AM
Way to go CJ. I saw you guys on the course as I was at my office for the second through fifth races. I wasn't sure that was you guys as they didn't zoom in, but I thought I saw a green ball cap.
I was not able to say anything during my paddock preview since last night's stake was a Grade 2 and a full field of nice horses. I was given duty of interviewing our concert artist Jack Creagher after our fifth and I mentioned the PA trip and how we had been talking about the difference between the "Texas sound" of country music and current country (and how you guys didn't know his name but knew his "signature song" Everclear. (Ok, I know we didn't, but I learned from Suff-man that you can kinda "pretend" something is the truth if it gets something for the PA guys.) Our TV department was supposed to tape that interview for me and I'll see if they can give me a digital file later today.

P.S. Mr. Dudley -- Heather was at the track tonight. She didn't believe me at first when I told her where her "gift" came from. She did eventually, however. After some "looks kinda like a marine drill sergeant type, soild built and doesn't take BS from anyone" she give me permission to give you her phone number. And, I will when you get back from the Spa. Don't want to mess up your "concentration".

Now - at 2:30 AM I have about two hours of handicapping LaD and Retama and an hour of typing and posting.

"Overwhelmed" is a word I don't use much. Nothing else comes to mind when I sit and reflect on my experience at the PA Saratoga Getaway -- I wore the polo today to meet TVG truck and have one of the T-shirts on now to do my handicapping -- which I best be getting to. I'll be looking for you guys at the paddock rail tomorrow.

Tom
08-30-2003, 12:13 PM
When Suff says he was on track, he means ON TRACK!
I got there and couldn't find everyone, so I went backl out to the parking lot and called him on the cell phone. When he answered, he ad CJ were literally ON THE TRACK behind the gate! I thik CJ was loading horses and if I am not mistaken, when they crossed the finish line, SUFF was riding the three!

Caught the pic three with Dave Shwatrz:
1. Sausage and peppers
2. Ultimate Chicken sandwhich
3. Manhatan red chowder!

It was windy yesterday.
How windy was it?
When I crumblled the crackers and dropped them over my bowl, they blew away and landed in a guy's bowl two tables away!
Now that's windy.

GREAT day at the SPA.....Sufff - Mike - one great guy. I picked him out of the crown 100 yards away.....who could miss that red REd Sox cap and sox shirt?

Now, Suff made a friend for life. He comes up to me with two of my favorite things in the whole world.....beer and chocolate chip cookies! Had I known, I would have been there all week!

:eek:

Buddha
08-30-2003, 02:20 PM
Site is up @ http://home.comcast.net/~buddha61/togatrip.html for the pics from the trip

make sure you let all photos load as there are about 35 of them

railbird
08-30-2003, 02:32 PM
To Sufferindowns ,and every one at saratoga getaway 2003

had a great time with quality people and excellent cappers, hope

its a go next year , when most will be a little more relaxed like ..

winmanwin...LOL !!!

thanks mike
railbird

WINMANWIN
08-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by railbird
To Sufferindowns ,and every one at saratoga getaway 2003

had a great time with quality people and excellent cappers, hope

its a go next year , when most will be a little more relaxed like ..

winmanwin...LOL !!!

thanks mike
railbird
Rail, Think I was mellow, you had to see these DIE Hard Sringsteen fans at the meadowlands tonite. I just got home from the Boss
Concert at the Meadowlands. If racing had the dedicated fans the boss does, On track attendance would set records daily. I was amazed how the crowd, was in Unison with Bruce's Every Word.
Had a great time, Marty and I. I KNOW YOUR MY NEIGHBOR NOW IN STATEN ISLAND N.Y.;) So keep in Touch.....:)

Larry Hamilton
08-31-2003, 05:10 AM
wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing them.

Suff
09-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Suff out with the Press to get a look at one of John Wards Highly touted youngsters........................................ ................................

JustRalph
09-03-2003, 07:13 PM
Suff...

Nice Hat..... did you get Frankel to Sign it for you?

WINMANWIN
09-03-2003, 09:26 PM
Suff out with the Press to get a look at one of John Wards Highly touted youngsters.....................................

When I saw that quote I got a Laugh, I bet that 900k yearling purchase on Monday. I Needed Mr. Ward to complete a nice pick TREE FOR OVER $600.00 BUCKO'S. We know the story, up the track, and 2 out of 3 in the TREE'S.

Suff
09-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Mcpeeks Barn...Had some nice stock roaming around.

WINMANWIN
09-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Thats a Good one to watch Though Joe...

Yep !!! And the 600 other steeds I'm watching also The past year:confused: Roughly, 575 of them will Win AGAIN, QUESTION IS
WHEN ?? ;)

Suff
09-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Suff...

Nice Hat..... did you get Frankel to Sign it for you?

Well he asked me intially to sign his... So I gratefully offered a Suff Classic on his lid... Then I felt obligated to let him sign mine.

One time I thought this Young Lady was approaching me for my autograph. She asked "is that your car?" I responded "yes"

She said "Its about ot be towed, move it, you cannot park there"

I guess she never heard of the Suff. I parked in the same spot the next day. No problems.

here's CJ, Kickin it on the rail with 7MTP , My lady of NY doing her thing on the Big Screen. 2nd race Friday , Turf affair.