PDA

View Full Version : No California Exchange Betting Till 2012, Bill Says

andymays
08-30-2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/no-california-exchange-betting-till-2012-bill-says

Excerpt:

Legislation that would increase the takeout for exotic bets in California and permit the development of exchange betting in the state was altered over the weekend to delay the implementation of exchange betting until May 2012 at the earliest, according to industry officials.

horses4courses
08-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Takeout goes up.......exchange betting will get thrown out.....Betfair will sell out of TVG and US market when they realize they are throwing money away

Just another day at the office.......

andymays
08-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Takeout goes up .......exchange betting will get thrown out.....Betfair will sell out of TVG and US market when they realize they are throwing money away

Just another day at the office.......

That's a lock.

horses4courses
08-30-2010, 08:17 PM
That's a lock.

Definitely.
It's the only solution those idiots can come up with for financial decline.
A Bandaid on a festering wound......

Exchange betting has no shot in the US - that's a lock too.
Maybe Betfair can make book on that one?

andymays
08-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Definitely.
It's the only solution those idiots can come up with for financial decline.
A Bandaid on a festering wound......

Exchange betting has no shot in the US - that's a lock too.
Maybe Betfair can make book on that one?

Exchange betting will happen in the next few years unless they dial back the take at some point. Remember some of the guys sponsoring the bill were behind the exchange betting as well as the raise in take.

Charlie D
08-30-2010, 08:23 PM
The race is not over yet horses4courses. The thrashing out of differences and taking time over regulations is a step forward, not backward.

The rise is take however, is a backward step.

horses4courses
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
I hope I'm wrong....exchange betting would be a breath of fresh air, imo

I just don't believe that attitudes towards bookmaking will shift in the US

As long as racing gets it fair share, exchange betting is a plus.

ronsmac
08-31-2010, 10:31 AM
If exchange wagering ever becomes a reality, it will probably come too late . There is no new life in the game, and none in the forseeable future. Kids under 30 just don't have an interests in the wagering aspect of horse racing. They much prefer poker, and i doubt that'll change. All the 50 and 60 yr olds that bet horses are going to die off eventually without anyone to replace them.

andymays
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Calderon brokers compromise on racetrack betting proposal - Pasadena Star-News

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_15944157

Excerpt:

For much of the past week tempers flared in Sacramento over a bill sponsored by multi-national gambling conglomerate Betfair.

Read more: http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_15944157#ixzz0yCALfo5g

Canarsie
08-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Even if this is implemented down the road there's a 99% percent chance the liberal California Supreme Court will rule it unconstitutional. Once enacted the appeals process will take another few years it's toast.

I would like exchange wagering but I think a good percentage of the opposition doesn't trust Betfair. If it was another company the seas would be calmer imo.