PDA

View Full Version : question regarding proof of health insurance

jballscalls
08-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Maybe i'm understanding it wrongly, but weren't the democrats pushing for or maybe they already passed a mandate requiring everyone to have medical insurance. so they would be checking to make sure everyone has documented medical insurance.

why then are they opposed to requiring that everyone have documentation of legal citizenship?

boxcar
08-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Maybe i'm understanding it wrongly, but weren't the democrats pushing for or maybe they already passed a mandate requiring everyone to have medical insurance. so they would be checking to make sure everyone has documented medical insurance.

why then are they opposed to requiring that everyone have documentation of legal citizenship?

You can't be serious with this question. This has be rehashed 500,000 times at least. The answer is very simple: They don't want to enforce the immigration laws on the books in the hopes of granting amnesty one day to a gazillion illegals, who in turn will express their gratitude to the Dems at the ballot box forever and forever and forever, which in turn would keep the Dem(on)s in power indefinitely. It really is this simple. No rocket science here.

Boxcar

Tom
08-30-2010, 11:27 PM

Because they are morons who cannot put two and two together. Dems have no clue how anything interacts with anything else. That is why they are easy to spot - the dopey stare and drool cups give them away. And the goose stepping help, too.

mostpost
08-31-2010, 12:44 AM

The police will not come up to you on the street and ask to see your proof of insurance, just as the police will not come up to you on the street and ask to see your drivers license unless you have been involved in an accident or committed a violation. In the case of the drivers license it is possible to tell if these things have occurred. In the case of insurance there is nothing that would lead to reasonable suspicion. You can't tell if a person is insured by looking at them.
In the same way, you can't tell if a person is an illegal by looking at them. The Arizona law talks about reasonable suspicion. Any hispanic appearing person might trigger the reasonable suspicion alarm. Yet there are many hispanic appearing people in Arizona who were born in this country and whose parents were born in this country. It is possible that a blonde haired, blue eyed Swede could have entered the country illegally and that person would never be questioned by the police based on her looks.
The arizona law targets a particular type of person and assumes their guilt.
The insurance law applies to everyone would be enforced when the person requires medical care.
All that stuff about votes is tripe

ElKabong
08-31-2010, 01:09 AM
The police will not come up to you on the street and ask to see your proof of insurance, just as the police will not come up to you on the street and ask to see your drivers license unless you have been involved in an accident or committed a violation. In the case of the drivers license it is possible to tell if these things have occurred. In the case of insurance there is nothing that would lead to reasonable suspicion. You can't tell if a person is insured by looking at them.
In the same way, you can't tell if a person is an illegal by looking at them. The Arizona law talks about reasonable suspicion. Any hispanic appearing person might trigger the reasonable suspicion alarm. Yet there are many hispanic appearing people in Arizona who were born in this country and whose parents were born in this country. It is possible that a blonde haired, blue eyed Swede could have entered the country illegally and that person would never be questioned by the police based on her looks.
The arizona law targets a particular type of person and assumes their guilt.
The insurance law applies to everyone would be enforced when the person requires medical care.
All that stuff about votes is tripe

MP, Do you ever get dizzy chasing your tail?

JBC,
You bring up a valid question, one people at work talk about regularly. When I pay for my yearly auto registration at the local outpost, I have to present proof of Insurance. When I take my car in for annual Car Inspections, I have to provide proof of Insurance.

Should be no different for proof of citizenship

mostpost
08-31-2010, 01:39 AM
MP, Do you ever get dizzy chasing your tail?

JBC,
You bring up a valid question, one people at work talk about regularly. When I pay for my yearly auto registration at the local outpost, I have to present proof of Insurance. When I take my car in for annual Car Inspections, I have to provide proof of Insurance.

Should be no different for proof of citizenship
Those are specific times mandated by the laws in your state or community.
I have to show proof of citizenship when I vote.
Can you cite me one instance when you were walking down the street and were asked to show proof of insurance? You cannot.

ElKabong
08-31-2010, 01:43 AM
again, you miss the point. People have to provide proof of insurance twice yearly, here. Every year...It's not too much to ask people to provide documentation of citizenship status once a year.

I reject your "walking down the street" nonsense. You injected that into the thread. No one else.

HUSKER55
08-31-2010, 07:26 AM
like your drivers license you only have to provide proof when asked.

drivers license...by police....when speeding or involved in an accident etc
health insurance.....hospitals...doctors offices

if you have no insurance I suppose they call the police

lamboguy
08-31-2010, 07:38 AM
i got nailed for a penalty for not having a health insurance policy that has prescription drug care. i told them i don't like drugs, they said to bad. in massachusetts the insurance company's have to take you with pre-existing conditions. so i wound up dropping my insurance plan and i just pay the penalty to mass. it was $3000. its cheaper than the insurance to begin with. i suspect that the national health care plan is going to be the same way since it was modeled after the romney plan in mass. its the same penalty wheather you have insurance or not if you don't have prescription care benefits.

i just had a friend that collapsed and needed a tracheotomy (excuse my spelling) his hospital bill for 3 weeks is close to $1 million already. you should have seen the care he got, he has 5 different doctors, supervisors over the doctors, nurses in and out all day, rehab experts, and a bunch of paper shufflers. throw in a few ambulence rides and you got a giant bill. no living human can ever come up with enough money to payoff these quacks.

Tom
08-31-2010, 11:21 AM
mostie, ever hear of a traffic stop?
You know, when a cop sees your tail light out, he pulls you over and what?
CHECKS YOUR LICENSE AND REGISTRATION.

That is EXACTLY what the Arizona law allows.

ceejay
08-31-2010, 11:23 AM
if you have no insurance I suppose they call the policeI believe that it is a civil matter, not a criminal one. Now, if you refuse to carry health insurance and refuse to disclose/pay the penalty to the IRS that could become criminal.

boxcar
08-31-2010, 12:47 PM
The government's stance on the AZ law is absurd because it's anti-Reality as we all know it. The universal assumption around the whole planet is that everyone is presumed guilty of falsehood or is untrustworthy until proven otherwise. The federal government wants to turn that perfectly rational and justified assumption on its head in order to accommodate lawbreakers. Again, this is more proof that liberals are out of touch with reality.

Funny, how the federal government doesn't give a wink or a nod to taxpayers when they think a taxpayer owes money. They wouldn't think of looking the other way. The government is really big on enforcing the income tax laws, isn't it? The corrupt state is filled with depraved hypocrites!

Boxcar