PDA

View Full Version : Totally Obscure Country Music Question

Overlay
08-30-2010, 07:12 PM
The last song that Jim Ed Brown and Helen Cornelius charted with as a duet (reaching Number 13 in 1981) was titled "Don't Bother to Knock" (which I recall hearing at the time that it came out, but to which I can't remember all the words). I can only find one version of the lyrics to the song on the internet, with the first verse given as follows:

When you’re tired of goodbyes well I’ll be your hello
When your heart is heavy lock your knees and know
I’ve got a shoulder and I’ll lend an ear
Mmm baby you can call on me I’ll be here

I crack up every time I read that "lock your knees" lyric, since it can't be correct (although it does conjure up some intriguing mental images). Was the actual lyric "Look to me", perhaps? Does anyone recall this song? Or can anyone find another internet source with the correct lyrics?

bigmack
08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I crack up every time I read that "lock your knees" lyric, since it can't be correct (although it does conjure up some intriguing mental images). Was the actual lyric "Look to me", perhaps? Does anyone recall this song? Or can anyone find another internet source with the correct lyrics?
It may still do some conjuring as Helen sang "When your heart is heavy, Well I can ease your load"

You'll oftentimes find erroneous lyrics on supposed 'lyric sites'. I'll occasionally look for chords to tunes and they're about as wrong as they can be.

Overlay
08-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks so much.

rastajenk
08-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Both versions strike me as plenty funny. :eek: