PDA

View Full Version : personal ensign

bisket
08-29-2010, 05:22 PM
don't see a thread for picks. i guess everyone doesn't think there's much of a chance rachel loses. i think there is a decent chance she drops to third. i think its either a third place finish or a win. i'm gonna box 3 horses in an exacta and take a shot at beating her today. need a little release after spending my afternoon on the jersey turnpike and 95 :bang: :faint:
5$ ex box
:1: :3: :4:

jldonah
08-29-2010, 05:29 PM
My opinion is that Life At Ten is a slightly weaker co-choice. I would like 3-1 minimum on her, but since I had to run errands my early bet will get whatever odds it gets:
$7 win on Life
$1 exacta 2,4/1,2
If I lose I won't kick.

speed
08-29-2010, 05:29 PM
don't see a thread for picks. i guess everyone doesn't think there's much of a chance rachel loses. i think there is a decent chance she drops to third. i think its either a third place finish or a win. i'm gonna box 3 horses in an exacta and take a shot at beating her today. need a little release after spending my afternoon on the jersey turnpike and 95 :bang: :faint:
5$ ex box
If ya lose here try a massage parlor.

PhantomOnTour
08-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Playing a rather sizeable straight :2: - :1: exacta. Think Life At Ten will wilt after dealing with Rachel. Right now the exacta odds are 7-1 for the :2: :1: . Maybe a wingnut win saver on the :1:

bisket
08-29-2010, 06:00 PM
i was tossing around putting a win wager on either sing or persistantly, but odds are lower than i hoped. if either goes above the morning line i might take the plunge.

jldonah
08-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Persistently at about 18-1!

bisket
08-29-2010, 06:08 PM
didn't do it though

WinterTriangle
08-29-2010, 06:12 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74678&page=2

This was the horse for the course, I really couldn't figure why she was overlooked. NY horse, loves saratoga, plus trainer wouldn't enter if he wasn't serious.

Hope I won a lot of the contests I'm in, too.:jump:

David-LV
08-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Rachel the great?
Sorry not any more.
Please no excuses, she is just not as good as last year.
It is probably time to retire her.

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Rachel the great?
Sorry not any more.
Please no excuses, she is just not as good as last year.
It is probably time to retire her.

Should they retire Life At Ten too while they are at it? Probably should retire Gio Ponti as well...right?

Any horse that loses should be automatically retired from now on. That would leave only Zenyatta walkovers for us to enjoy...:lol:

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Props to WT for actually posting a winning wager before the race...

WinterTriangle
08-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Props to WT for actually posting a winning wager before the race...

Thanks Pace.

BTW, I didn't leave out Rachel---I played Persistently with Rachel in some exactas.

(I wasn't gonna leave Rachel off my ticket, especially as a pedigree player. :) )

What I got out of this race is that RA is good to go at 10F. A *saratoga* horse, who's trainer was obviously pretty serious about this race, ran her down at the end. No small feat, but I think they are both amazing :jump:

I will say she might be vulnerable to a fast closer if RA continues to run all out on the front like that. They need to work on that a little bit. 10F is an awfully LONG WAY to run like she did. So----How anyone can fault Rachel after watching that race is beyond me.:bang:

cj
08-29-2010, 07:33 PM
5$ ex box

Once I read this post, I had her at 1 to 20 to run 2nd.