PDA

View Full Version : THe Betfair reduction factor and the Betfair starting price

Foolish Pleasure
08-29-2010, 03:02 PM
The betfair players obviously already know this like they obviously already know what the premium fee was.

When a horse is scratched after fixed odds bets have been matched,

Betfair arbitrarily and capriciously hands down a reduction factor, that supposedly brings all bets in line as if the horse scratched was never entered. Get it? They adjust eveyone's odds on bets already matched based on some convoluted super secret system which loosely translates to on their whim.

This was a problem before Betfair started booking bets by offering their own starting price,

now with them booking bets-who can't see the conflict of interest here?

can make a career merely by taking advantage of gaming their reduction factors.

now knock yourselves silly with the earth is flat propaganda.

and right to the 95% who don't follow Betfair they book money on horse racing out of the tote and off the exchange and call it the Betfair starting price option or the Betfair SP.

Charlie D
08-29-2010, 03:13 PM
You still need education

Try here http://sports.betfair.com/

gm10
08-29-2010, 03:19 PM
The betfair players obviously already know this like they obviously already know what the premium fee was.

When a horse is scratched after fixed odds bets have been matched,

Betfair arbitrarily and capriciously hands down a reduction factor, that supposedly brings all bets in line as if the horse scratched was never entered. Get it? They adjust eveyone's odds on bets already matched based on some convoluted super secret system which loosely translates to on their whim.

This was a problem before Betfair started booking bets by offering their own starting price,

now with them booking bets-who can't see the conflict of interest here?

can make a career merely by taking advantage of gaming their reduction factors.

now knock yourselves silly with the earth is flat propaganda.

and right to the 95% who don't follow Betfair they book money on horse racing out of the tote and off the exchange and call it the Betfair starting price option or the Betfair SP.

I must admit that I am strangely fascinated by your anti-Betfair rants. What's behind it?

The reduction factor is pretty straightforward by the way. If you click on the horse's name you will see what the reduction factor is.
And, like with all things, you can complain about it time after time, or you can use it to your advantage.

Charlie D
08-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I must admit that I am strangely fascinated by your anti-Betfair rants. What's behind it?

The reduction factor is pretty straightforward by the way. If you click on the horse's name you will see what the reduction factor is.
And, like with all things, you can complain about it time after time, or you can use it to your advantage.

GM, don't tell him/her. Your spoiling the fun.

beertapper
08-29-2010, 04:22 PM

yeah, i noticed you're more than abit upset at betfair...

why not contact them directly ?

cj
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
These are getting old...closed.