PDA

View Full Version : Shutup Ken

Stillriledup
08-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Ken's a good guy and i like him but how many times does he have to trumpet this 'big money riders' thing and talk about Mike Smith and G Gomez. Gomez got Bruce's Dream boxed in for 'big money' and got the best horse beat.

Mike Smith rode a HORRIBLE race yesterday with Initial Impression, he got away 2nd behind a lone speed and somehow found himself 4 wide turning for home. I dont understand why he didnt sit chilly right behind the leader, it just makes no sense that he would ride like this.

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2010, 07:26 PM
If Ken shut up, he would be out of a job...next

v j stauffer
08-28-2010, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]If Ken shut up, he would be out of a job...next

Sharp post

Skanoochies
08-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Who is Ken? :confused:

toetoe
08-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Please leave kenwoodallpromos alone, Sir. :mad: .

Stillriledup
08-28-2010, 09:19 PM
If Ken shut up, he would be out of a job...next

Not true, he can muck stalls, that doesnt require talking.

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2010, 09:22 PM
If an on-air announcer or host says something really really dumb...that's one thing...but I don't get this particular thread...

Maybe a thread about Mike Smith's ride only would have been a better idea...

Stillriledup
08-28-2010, 09:24 PM
If an on-air announcer or host says something really really dumb...that's one thing...but I don't get this particular thread...

Maybe a thread about Mike Smith's ride only would have been a better idea...

Maybe i'll start a thread next time Ken says something smart?

v j stauffer
08-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Who is Ken? :confused:

Barbie's boyfriend

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2010, 09:26 PM
I just don't get why people pay attention one way or the other...unless you're after his job...who cares? It's chatter during a long broadcast...I'm sure if you were up there, everything out of your mouth would be spot-on and 100% interesting.... :lol:

speed
08-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Barbie's boyfriend
Only a gentlemen who has walk into a club across from HP could say this. I commend you.

Stillriledup
08-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I just don't get why people pay attention one way or the other...unless you're after his job...who cares? It's chatter during a long broadcast...I'm sure if you were up there, everything out of your mouth would be spot-on and 100% interesting.... :lol:

Because its annoying. Its something he was repeating over and over. Say it once and be done with it. The key to being a great talking head is to not annoy your listeners.

v j stauffer
08-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Because its annoying. Its something he was repeating over and over. Say it once and be done with it. The key to being a great talking head is to not annoy your listeners.

Doing 4 hours of LIVE television is VERY VERY tough no matter how good the announcer is. Anyone can listen and find something to pick apart. Especially when the very foundation of what's being covered is conflicting opinions. I think Ken does a terrific job. Little bit of Chillax might be an option Riles.

pandy
08-28-2010, 10:01 PM
I've done live TV from Meadowlands, Yonkers, Roosevelt, etc., and I loved it but you're never going to please everyone. Rudolph is not the analyst, he's the announcer and truth be told, he's slick. He has the voice, diction, smoothness, etc. It's not as easy as it looks. And you have to admit, he sure is dapper. I wish I looked that good in a suit. If I wore a grey suit with a black shirt and tie I'd probably end up in a police line up next to a bunch of guys named Carmine.

Tom
08-28-2010, 11:24 PM
I just don't get why people pay attention one way or the other...unless ...I'm sure if you were up there, everything out of your mouth would be spot-on and 100% interesting.... :lol:

You need to get to Toga earlier next year. Me and Ralph will show you "interesting" commentary! :eek:

bigmack
08-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I have little knowledge of this TVG but a cursory search reveals it a notch above a rag-tag, baggy pants folly:

5QoSMqWc6TU

JustRalph
08-29-2010, 12:13 AM
You need to get to Toga earlier next year. Me and Ralph will show you "interesting" commentary! :eek:

Commentary? Is that what we are calling it now ??? :lol:

v j stauffer
08-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Commentary? Is that what we are calling it now ??? :lol:

I don't know if it's worth $5 but it's pretty fukkin good!!

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't know if it's worth $5 but it's pretty fukkin good!!To quote Matt C. "That was aggressive...."

v j stauffer
08-29-2010, 01:51 AM
To quote Matt C. "That was aggressive...."

Yes. But who was I quoting?

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Yes. But who was I quoting?Vincent

v j stauffer
08-29-2010, 01:59 AM
Vincent

Vega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3lY10mQmhg

toetoe
08-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Only a gentlemen who has walk into a club across from HP could say this. I commend you.

She put the wood in Inglewood. :liar:

toetoe
08-29-2010, 10:34 PM
I have little knowledge of this TVG but a cursory search reveals it a notch above a rag-tag, baggy pants folly:

5QoSMqWc6TU

Bigmack and Freaky Frankie ... good combo. :lol: :lol: :lol: .