View Full Version : Georgian Xtreme Handle Day

InsideThePylons-MW
08-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Handle for the 1st race

Win pool $1928
Ex $1986
Tri $2266
Super $1743

I bet $690 in the race trying to support the new stuff and I have a horse racing there on a regular basis.

I know the takeout is ridiculous but does anybody involved in harness racing bet on races any more or is it just an exhibition?

I tried...enough of the nonsense...on to something productive.

InsideThePylons-MW
08-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Industry executives are sharp.

Give the bettors a 17 horse field and handle will go up huge.

Win $2073
EX $2838
Tri $2484
Sup $2622

Maybe by the 26th race with a field size of 154 the pools will be big enough for anybody who wants to bet more than $100.

24.7% takeout on WPS.....just fvcking incredible. Tracks want it to be an exhibition and horsemen must be happy it's an exhibition too.

:bang:

sly fox
08-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry ITP

I emailed management at Geo and their

sister track Flamboro, who have same WPS

takeout of 24.7 and suggested they raise

it to 30% it will be easier for them to figure

their takeout with the round numbers and they

would make over 5% more.

Sly Fox

InsideThePylons-MW
08-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Total handle for 12 great betting races $186,081

They kept showing a huge crowd.....happy horsemen.....happy fans.....everybody happy

As a bettor, horsemen and fan.....I was watching in amazement that nobody seems to care about betting at all any more. All that matters is how big the purses are and how good the party is.

I'm throwing up because the sport has been transformed into a slot welfare funded exhibition......everybody else seems to be happy because the sport is a slot welfare funded exhibition.

$220K in purses and $186K total handle....The sport is thriving!

Fvcking joke.

DeanT
08-29-2010, 02:14 AM
$220K in purses and $186K total handle....The sport is thriving!

Hey, it could be worse. Only $2.4M given away at Chester last Sunday, and they got around $300k.

I can't wait to see the $8k win pool for the Cane Pace next Monday. That's usually a dandy.

The sport will not be connected to reality until the slots stop turning. That day is coming.

InsideThePylons-MW
09-02-2010, 05:07 AM
19.18 back on a win bet.....hilarious stuff

lamboguy
09-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Sorry ITP

I emailed management at Geo and their

sister track Flamboro, who have same WPS

takeout of 24.7 and suggested they raise

it to 30% it will be easier for them to figure

their takeout with the round numbers and they

would make over 5% more.

Sly Fox
obviously they don't care about the health of the game. there is no such thing as someone walking up to the window and making a $300 bet to win on a horse. the handle does not support it. even with the big rebates one can get on those tracks it still doesn't make sense to ever bet more than $20 to win on a horse there. anything more an you are betting against yourself.

i see those places get large minus pool bets where that bet doesn
t effect the payout because one knows ahead of time what the return is no matter what the takeout is.

in the long run you stand a much better chance betting for the minimum instead of banging your head against the wall and trying to find some horse with a good price on it.

to top it off their product happens to be pretty good.

DeanT
09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I can't wait to see the $8k win pool for the Cane Pace next Monday. That's usually a dandy.

Pure hyperbole on my Cane Pace estimate. It was $11,000 in the win pool.

Argh.

InsideThePylons-MW
09-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Pure hyperbole on my Cane Pace estimate. It was $11,000 in the win pool.

Argh.

NJ is bad, but.......

The Ontario horsemen, by choice, seem to prefer handle to be as low as possible

DeanT
09-11-2010, 12:38 AM
NJ is bad, but.......

The Ontario horsemen, by choice, seem to prefer handle to be as low as possible
Slots I guess. You dont have to worry about customers when you think the never-ending slots tap is actually never-ending. Sad stuff for those of us who like watching and betting the sport.

InsideThePylons-MW
09-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Slots I guess. You dont have to worry about customers when you think the never-ending slots tap is actually never-ending. Sad stuff for those of us who like watching and betting the sport.

I thought the response was positive....wtf happened? Does it still have a chance?

Amazing how tough it is to get horsemen to give up one cent of their welfare money

DeanT
09-11-2010, 01:03 AM
I thought the response was positive....wtf happened? Does it still have a chance?

Amazing how tough it is to get horsemen to give up one cent of their welfare money
The odds of horsemen wanting to be onside with this were about 500-1. I dont think it is too unexpected.