PDA

View Full Version : Help finding home for broodmares

bks
08-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi All,

Not sure if this post belongs here, so apologies to PA if there's a better forum for it.

I'm a partner in a group that owns three registered PA broodmares, all raced, with one a winner in SoCal on dirt and two others who were injured early in their careers racing in PA. One currently has a weanling by her side (more details available upon request), and we also have a yearling set to go through the ring at Timonium in the early fall.

My partners hold the majority interest in them, and want to divest their ownership. Their managing partner died last year and they've been kind of overmatched since. They've been unable to find a suitable home, but honestly they have few contacts in the industry.

They've given me the green light to explore options for divesting them, and I am asking if anyone has any help they can offer in any form, be it an idea for a less-expensive permanent home for them (they have received excellent care their entire lives, and currently board for approx. $600/month), a new partnership or anything else you may have experience with. General ideas can be posted here if OK with PA, and I'm happy to receive more specific inquiries via pm.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

joanied
08-28-2010, 03:27 PM
I can't help you, but I'd bet a few here can offer some help...all I can do is wish you the best of luck getting the mares placed.
Good to know the connections care enough to want to find good homes.
:)

Fager Fan
08-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi All,

Not sure if this post belongs here, so apologies to PA if there's a better forum for it.

I'm a partner in a group that owns three registered PA broodmares, all raced, with one a winner in SoCal on dirt and two others who were injured early in their careers racing in PA. One currently has a weanling by her side (more details available upon request), and we also have a yearling set to go through the ring at Timonium in the early fall.

My partners hold the majority interest in them, and want to divest their ownership. Their managing partner died last year and they've been kind of overmatched since. They've been unable to find a suitable home, but honestly they have few contacts in the industry.

They've given me the green light to explore options for divesting them, and I am asking if anyone has any help they can offer in any form, be it an idea for a less-expensive permanent home for them (they have received excellent care their entire lives, and currently board for approx. $600/month), a new partnership or anything else you may have experience with. General ideas can be posted here if OK with PA, and I'm happy to receive more specific inquiries via pm.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Are you trying to give them away or sell them?

I'd list their names, pedigrees, who they're in foal to, and their produce records.

You'll probably have a better chance at finding a home if readers may be enticed by further details.

Good luck.

witchdoctor
08-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Try rhe forun at www.pedigreequery.com

bks
08-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Are you trying to give them away or sell them?

I'd list their names, pedigrees, who they're in foal to, and their produce records.

You'll probably have a better chance at finding a home if readers may be enticed by further details.

Happy to provide specifics about pedigree info via pm, Fager. All of the mares would be free to good homes. None are in foal, but two have fillies by their side.

The race-winning mare had a yearling colt go thru the ring last fall that got a high bid of $17K (reserve was $18K, so we retained ownership, and after wintering in Ocala he is currently in training for his first start at Philly Park).

Witchdoctor, thanks for the recommendation.

tbwinner
08-28-2010, 10:50 PM
bks,

I am involved with two partnership groups and have owned on my own in the past. I am going to send you a PM as this is something I and another group have interest in...

bks
08-28-2010, 11:53 PM
thanks, tb. Check your pm.

bks
08-30-2010, 11:27 PM
bump