PDA

View Full Version : BILL AB2414 STUCK IN COMMITTEE IN CALIFORNIA

andymays
08-28-2010, 09:43 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/stuck-in-committee/

Excerpt:

One possible resolution is for the takeout and exchange wagering language to be made into two separate bills.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

California takeout bill faces hurdles | Daily Racing Form

http://www.drf.com/news/california-takeout-bill-faces-hurdles

:mad: Horseplayers disagree with California's plan to raise takeout on exotic bets | Daily Racing Form

http://www.drf.com/news/horseplayers-disagree-californias-plan-raise-takeout-exotic-bets

DJofSD
08-28-2010, 10:15 AM
“We certainly hear them,” said Craig Fravel, the president of Del Mar, referring to horseplayers, “and we hope that if we can keep field sizes up, we can offer them some better opportunities.”

What a weasel.

jelly
08-28-2010, 11:35 AM
“We certainly hear them,” said Craig Fravel,

But,we're not listening.

DeanT
08-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Classic line. I wonder if customers are the bug or the windshield in California?

The bill is supported by the California Horse Racing Board, Hollywood Park, Del Mar, the Oak Tree Racing Association, the Jockey’s Guild, the Thoroughbred Owners of California, and the California Authority of Racing Fairs.

But Santa Anita and Churchill Downs Inc. issued a statement earlier in the week opposing the bill, specifically the exchange betting provision, calling the legislation the “California bookie bill.”

Santa Anita president George Haines said, “We’re opposing the exchange aspect of it. We’d prefer it be split into two.”

For us dumb horseplayers I had someone translate this for us:

- We like the takeout hike part
- We dont like the other part that gives players lower takeout and some choice

Ergo: We'd like to split it into two, so the lower takeout part gets voted down

Foolish Pleasure
08-28-2010, 03:14 PM
There is nothing but misinformation beyond credulity in this article.

http://www.capitolweekly.net/article.php?_c=z38ggw9jd6te44&xid=z34qxqz5ebtqr2&done=.z38ggw9jd7ie44

from the exchanges take betting on everything: one can even bet on a horse to finish third from last,

to the claim that bill actually increases tote payoffs for players.

and I love the 15 no show union jobs as baggage as well.

California racing needs to completely go away and come back again at this point. There are nothing but mindless brainless idiots on all sides and they just don't deserve the sport anymore. They have exploited and maimed it and are now picking at dried out bone. They need to just go the f away already.

Betfair vs Magna any gambler worth two cents is rooting for a double TKO.

rwwupl
08-28-2010, 03:54 PM
There is nothing but misinformation beyond credulity in this article.

http://www.capitolweekly.net/article.php?_c=z38ggw9jd6te44&xid=z34qxqz5ebtqr2&done=.z38ggw9jd7ie44

from the exchanges take betting on everything: one can even bet on a horse to finish third from last,

to the claim that bill actually increases tote payoffs for players.

and I love the 15 no show union jobs as baggage as well.

California racing needs to completely go away and come back again at this point. There are nothing but mindless brainless idiots on all sides and they just don't deserve the sport anymore. They have exploited and maimed it and are now picking at dried out bone. They need to just go the f away already.

Betfair vs Magna any gambler worth two cents is rooting for a double TKO.

I am worth 3cents, and I am rooting for a doubleTKO. The way this thing has been shoved down our throats, the last minute changes to get their way is enough for me...and NO respect for the customer anywhere.

andymays
08-28-2010, 04:12 PM
I am worth 3cents, and I am rooting for a doubleTKO. The way this thing has been shoved down our throats, the last minute changes to get their way is enough for me...and NO respect for the customer anywhere.

Agree. I hope they both lose right now.

Charlie D
08-28-2010, 04:17 PM
one can even bet on a horse to finish third from last,

Yep, Exchanges present fantastic opportunities for bettors to take a stance on more than one horse. In fact, you can bet the WHOLE field if you want.

Just think of money racing could get from this. Then just think, there would be no reason to raise take, in fact, they may even lower TO on other bets if they are raking it in.

rwwupl
08-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Yep, Exchanges present fantastic opportunities for bettors to take a stance on more than one horse. In fact, you can bet the WHOLE field if you want.

Just think of money racing could get from this. Then just think, there would be no reason to raise take, in fact, they may even lower TO on other bets if they are raking it in.

Charlie D,

With all due respect,you have no idea where the racing managers in California are coming from. If you put gold bricks in their mouth they would somehow need higher purses and give you a story why it has to be that way.

When California had a 4 billion dollar SURPLUS, the State provided the horsemen with 40 million dollars, mostly for purses (SB27) to solve the problems of racing in California.The customers got NO relief then.We now have a 20 billion dollar in the hole situation. When you are talking about customer relief in California, you are in a dream world. All that happened was with higher purses, the horsemen paid more for faster horses,and all other supporting costs went sky high to make California the most expensive place in the USA to maintain a racehorse .

Through economic conditions,poor management,ignoring customers,mandating synthetic surfaces and more the racing managers and horsemen stand before us again with a plan to save our game, and once again the plan says give us more of your money for bigger purses and we will straighten things out. Ha Ha.. thats a good one.

Been there, done that...Even if they promise the MOON, Down with AB2414, the way it is being done gives the people NO confidence.

rwwupl

Charlie D
08-28-2010, 05:11 PM
If you put gold bricks in their mouth they would somehow need higher purses and give you a story why it has to be that way.

Well Roger, Then you and rest are wasting your time and energy complaining.

Charlie D
08-28-2010, 05:28 PM
The only people who would want to oppose this bill are those that want the monopoly to remain intact.

I don't think some people posting are in above Roger, but i think some of thier actions may help to keep the monopoly intact.

rwwupl
08-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Well Roger, Then you and rest are wasting your time and energy complaining.

Our voices are raised in protest. Doing nothing is not an option. We have hope for change. We are FOR something else besides higher takeout , new exotics and new betting platforms,without trial or license in the USA. We swallowed imported synthetic tracks from overseas and they were not as advertised.

Being against AB2414 does not deserve to have people put you down and called a waste of time or energy... or anything else.

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am.

Charlie D
08-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Roger

Comment was not meant to put you down. What i meant was. If what you imply is correct. You and the rest( ME included) are :bang: :bang: and may as well not bother.

andymays
08-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Charlie, rwwupl believes like me that the deal behind the deal stinks to high heaven. They're hiding some of the side deals. It's their method of operation in California.

Charlie D
08-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Charlie, rwwupl believes like me that the deal behind the deal stinks to high heaven. They're hiding some of the side deals. It's their method of operation in California.

I understand that Andy, however, these scratch my back and i'll scratch yours events happen all the time in business (we just don't see most of them ) and sometimes they are needed to change the status quo.

rwwupl
08-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Roger

Comment was not meant to put you down. What i meant was

You, ME and the rest are :bang: :bang: and may as well not bother.

Charlie D..

I accept that. We are not bothered at all. I have nothing against Betfair at this point, I would rather have a 5% bet takeout than 25% anytime. But I understand there are some new problems to the USA concerning oversight, and we would have to beef up to handle it... we need more time to evaluate. This bill was crafted to slip it through at the last possible moment, and that make us who have been burned by these tactics before suspicious. Lets kill this 2 for 1 monster and start over with each on their own merits, and use the established legislative proceedures without short cuts. The bill was turned upside down at the last sundown...Why?

We will lose many battles, because we are not in power,but I am confident that we will win the war over lower cost of the bet, because the present leaders are not doing the right thing, they are running the game thinking only of themselves and not the big picture.

Economics are our gorrilla in the room, and he will deliver the message better than any of us that our game MUST compete with lower cost gaming, and when the racing managers in Ca. get it (like NYRA) handle will improve accordingly. If that does not happen, racing will survive but the racing managers will not.

roger

Charlie D
08-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Roger

I understand those concerns and tbh i don't think this slipping in through back door has been of help.